It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a Mason

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by GabeFalcon
reply to post by no1smootha

Thank you, but are they expensive or do they depend?
Also, will it decerase my chance of getting in Lodge if I for e.g have masonic flag in my room or shirt with square and compass while I'm not a member?

(Also I apologize for these questions I'm curious)

That is a good question. If I were on the investigating committee and I saw Masonic emblems in your home or on your person I would probably be a little suspicious. It certainly will not help your chances.

Now, there are some exceptions. If you have a family ring, or heirlooms, then of course those are acceptable. If you are wearing a shirt that speaks highly of Masonry, but doesn't identify you as a Mason, then it probably wouldn't hurt any.

If I were you, I would just wait until you actually get through the degree work.

Hey... I just read the post!
I was actually thinking to put a Compass & Square plaque with a Masonic bible with Compass & Square and a wedding band engraved with compass & square along with a masonic sword that has compass & square on it in my ex-gf's apartment. I am not a member, but her father was. we broke up, but we keep in contact.
She let's men in to her life and they use her... long sad story it is.
I'm gonna move in with her and support her and renovate that rat hole apartment she lives in.
God Bless America for giving me the opportunity to do so...
Anyhoo... I wanted to plant those items in her livingroom so that the next man that sees it and thinks she's a loner and unloved... let him think again!
Also... I'd fight for her too...
But it's not to win her back. Its just out of love.

But is that a good idea?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lasr1oftheJedi
Okay, first, you three boys had all the time in the world to degrade that one cat of which I already stated and quoted some of the nonsense spoken, so don't tell me "you wern't on", no one is buying it.

I completely missed your post asking that. It wasn't until I saw it in a reply that I noticed you asked that question. I'd finish answering, but I am exhausted and am going to bed. Tomorrow (well, technically later today) I shall return.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

I am not a real mason. I am only a speculative mason. I can only learn what I am taught, and then what I can find on my own. I only know that I would never be so pompous and arrogant that I would tell someone what they know.

How were they pyramids built?

And perhaps you can tell us without calling us devil worshipers while quoting Bible passages while claiming to know God's plan for our souls.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

I am not a real mason. I am only a speculative mason.

When hereon found are posts by scrupulous deviants who refer to Speculative Freemasons as devils...
Be mindful that first they aught to know of the idea that is Freemason!
Wherein within the Craft is this idea?!? I, the Great Pinocchio, doth know!
It is in/on the "Trestle Board!" Surely, the Lord doth know it is not hidden from mortals.
Look for it... for therein will you shall find the idea that is Freemason.
If you can not read it... then your lack of experience voids you for such a time as until you can read it.
BUT! Do not fret. Seek it out. It is there. When you have it... READ IT!
Like the bible you would hold to be your savior, consider that therein is a plan.
Now consider that therein upon the "Trestle Board!" there is THE PLAN!

How you would be so careless as to define for others what they never sought to define for you?

First rule of the Trestle Board... TRESTLE = TRUST ALL!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Just because I do not believe in the child-fantasy Devil that other people claim I worship does not mean I am not tolerant of other's religious beliefs, it means I do not believe in comic-book monsters.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
You, good jedi, must know here and now... this great irony!

The pyramids were built with everything but the stone!
Challenge the mind if you will... but until you grasp this comedy... you shall not aspire!

It is an honest truth and an honest answer...
edit on 20-3-2012 by Pinocchio because: typo

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lasr1oftheJedi

How did you guys build the pyramids?

Brick and mortar.

Oh, and spaceships.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

I am not a real mason. I am only a speculative mason. I can only learn what I am taught, and then what I can find on my own. I only know that I would never be so pompous and arrogant that I would tell someone what they know.

How were they pyramids built?

And perhaps you can tell us without calling us devil worshipers while quoting Bible passages while claiming to know God's plan for our souls.

It took me some time, but yes, I think I can. But, first to state, I'm not a mason, so I don't know. But since this is a forum of opinion and theory, here it goes. (BTW, I never accused masons of being satan worshipers, i only refered to the readings on the internet, which we can all agree have as much merit as the opinion and theory I'm about to state.)

The egyptian masons of the old age had a knowledge of water, beasts of burden (ox and horse) and the wheel. Through these methods and a pulley system as well as water working in a basic hydrolic fashion (please forgive my typoes, they are my sig if you will) to move these massive blocks, as well as cut them in precision that could not be accomplished with bronze tools. That's why they're so cleanly cut. Water is an amazing device, and I think the anchient masons knew this. Since they knew men's minds were more than their bodies, they would use the beast to preform these acts. That's why they could make a chariot, which would be the "tank" for centeries to come. The egyptian mason knew the power of wheel and water. This is how the pyramids, in my mind, anyways, were built.

As for being pompus, guilty. Re-reading my post, I must agree, I came off harsh. This is a trait that alot of mason post responses on this forum are guilty of too, though. Still, it was inapproperate to call you all pretenders and boys. For that, I sincerly apologize, I shouldn't have lowered myself to that level. I hope you all can accept this honest apology for what it is.

Still, outside of the troll-like "ha ha, I stumped a mason" statements I made, there were vaiid points withen the statements I made. I won't delve into them unless goaded, as I think we've all had enough of "mason-hate", of which again, I honestly admit I commited, and apologize for (a first on ATS? Maybe that's along the same lines...ignore me! [Venture Brothers...you should really check it out...]).

Finally, through I know you didn't really ask for it, I can tell you exactly what God's plan is for you, and that's eternal life. So, I hope we can all enjoy that together, and am hardly a judge of whom is worthy of such or not. The only thing I truely know about God is summed up simply in 1 Cor 13:4.

Well. that, and Christ died so we may all experince that love...but that's just my humble opinion, take it for what you will.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Thank you for that post. We both agree on God's plan so there is not argument there.

We do have a slight difference between operative and speculative. Being a speculative mason, I teach and learn lessons taught through allegory by my fore-fathers. We build things, but not brick and mortar, we build good men into better men. We simply instill the virtues all good men should have and teach ways of reminding each other to think of those virtues in every step our lives. Somewhere out there, I hope there is information that will help mankind give up the need for greed and live harmoniously with others, Believe me when I say that if we possessed that kind of information I couldn't share it fast enough. We don't know anymore than you do about how ancient buildings were built. We only know that our ancient brethren used geometry and since it was a non understood art by so many, it gave them the edge in construction.

Thanks again for the polite post.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
In Ol'Greek Mythology there exists the Legend of "Oedipus Rex"...
In his story he was a sleeper king and found his kingdom by solving a riddle no one before him could solve.

So... Is it possible that Freemason invented the same concept here in U.S. of America?
I believe so... and I found the riddle to be the one dollar bill/note and if it is solved... and performed... then one awakens the souls of those inducted into the grand ol'book of eternal life... This book is found at the IRS Agency.

I Resurrect Souls!

If you are a Freemason... Then tell me if this is true???

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I have a weird question

I have been writing a long time and slowly improving my craft

I have stated elsewhere and will again here

My grandfather recieved a masonic burial (whose last name i bare)
My dad who I barely knew I am told was a high level one

I have heard two competing tales in my research
The bad ones that seem like weak stories

Then ones who when my daughter died picked up a 27000 dollar tab

Most of what I got from the masons in my research is this
they have family lines
and then the highly skilled

Most of the ones I have met (with the ring)
are the highly skilled craftsmen

I always ask questions and they listen quietly
They are always polite and kind

See this leads me to my question
It is kinda of weird so please bear with me

How would a lodge handle a time traveler
(this is for fiction purposes)

If he didnt know the greetings
and part of the cry for help

I wanted to do a scene where the kid who is inhabited by the time traveller
is on the run

And the masons in his grand father's old lodge intervene

Pretty much the other time travelers have him surrounded and in effect the master of the lodge grants him sanctuary

After the kid tells his story

I am sorry to bother you if it seems ridiculous
I wanted to at least say thank you in a small way for help given in the past

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ripcontrol

How would a lodge handle a time traveler
(this is for fiction purposes)

I would get all the Super Bowl winners. Strictly for 'historical' perspective.

In seriousness I think it would be the same way as anyone one else would, with disbelief.

If he didnt know the greetings
and part of the cry for help

In the sake of accuracy Masonic lodges do not offer 'sanctuary' like a church might and would not have the same legal protections for a fugitive harboring there that they would receive in a religious edifice.

Now, if you are having him go there just for plot purposes Masons are charged to help the families of those in need, particularly widows and orphans, so you may want to work that into the storyline.

Maybe the lodge could protect them with their Tyler's sword, which if it is anything like ours, would cause a immediate and fatal case of tetanus if you got jabbed with it.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Maybe the lodge could protect them with their Tyler's sword, which if it is anything like ours, would cause a immediate and fatal case of tetanus if you got jabbed with it.

yours would break the skin? You guys are hard core. Sharp objects and alcohol. Dangerous times indeed.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hi everybody, it is my first post so I should introduce myself. My name is Pawel and I came from heart of Europe, Poland. I want to say I always wanted to ask real Mason about something. I though You know the 'truth'. But for the last few month I met a person . She said me that everything about Masons is a lie. In internet You can see a lot of defamatory articles about Masons influence on the worlds events. And You can see only the bad side of it. She wonder me, cause she show me how You 'really' are. Love, Tolerance, Brotherhood, serve for others.. and I couldn't believe. I asked myself 'WHY people are talking that Masons are bad, and they control everything if in fact they are helping more than the rest?' I asked my 'new friend' why Masons doing nothing with these 'lies'? Then I asked myself about the Light. I was lost. I lost my parents very early so I always be suspicious, I always doubt. My friend said ''Only way to get the Light is a enter to Order, Do You think You can reach the Light alone, by yourself?" Now, I am even more lost, also confused.

My question Is:

Is there are possibility to get the Light without joining any Order?

Anyone can be a Mason? Do I need references?

I hope i reach right section of forum for my question. Greetings.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: residentofearth

Is there are possibility to get the Light without joining any Order?

Masonry teaches lessons that you already know, they are just presented in a different way.

Anyone can be a Mason? Do I need references?

I am not sure of the requirements to join in Poland, in my state you must be 18, not a felon and have two recommenders. It is easy to get the required two persons to sign your petition if you visit a local lodge and ask.

My suggestion for you would be to do the same, visit your local lodge and meet some of the members.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Thanks for quick answer. So there is no reason for me to fear? The problem is there is no lodges in my city, not directly Masons. I heard about other secret society Order.

My next q:

Do You and Rosicrucians are linked about teaching?

Do Masons are really so powerfull as 'Internet said' ? Did being Mason means 'double life' ?

Masonry teaches lessons that you already know, they are just presented in a different way.

So that means: NO?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

So there is no reason for me to fear?

None that I would be aware of.

Do You and Rosicrucians are linked about teaching?

Not in any major way from what I have read.

Do Masons are really so powerfull as 'Internet said' ?

The internet says we run the world, most of us would be happy if our wives let us run our homes.

Did being Mason means 'double life' ?

No, many of my friends who are not Masons (men and women) come to our events and know that I am in a lodge.

So that means: NO?

Correct.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Thanks for answering. I have to leave for a while, but when I be back We can continue. Greetings Augustus

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Thanks for answering.

No problem.

I have to leave for a while, but when I be back We can continue. Greetings Augustus.

Sure, ask away.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Edit to the introduce site: I am also diabetic, maybe that will connect me with some guys here haha

Back to threat.

I will be totally honest with You. I enter here with open mind. Because I know world is not like TV show us. It is completely opposite. I believe in God, believe that is hidden in my conscience.

Do Masons believe that all humans have one God, no matter Mason - non Mason?

Why Masons have this 'bad reputation', how You think?

Greetings.

edit on 21-12-2014 by residentofearth because: One sentence added.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join