It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a Mason

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Achilles 13
Exacly like a cult, freemasonry use alot of manipulation strategies, and
one of them is to endoctrinate followers by making them think, they are
better men then the rest of the population.

I do not think that I am better then the rest of the population because I am a Mason, but I do know that I am a better person then I was before I became a Mason.

That make the follower's personal ego stronger, so they are proud to be
Master Masons of their '' TEMPLES ''. and followers of the Cult of freemasonry.

I am proud to be a Mason, not because of my ego, but due to the fact that I enjoy the comraderie and the ability to help others.

BUT the reality is that, a freemason in his life, who don't get higher then the third degree,
is very rare, i personaly, never saw one. all freemasons, dreams of the
scotish rite, 33 th degree and the 13 th degree of the York
Rite '' order of the Night Templars degree ''

I am not dreaming of the Scottish Rite, as a matter of fact I have no plans of joining either the York or Scottish Rite's as they do not interest me at this time. I am very active with my lodge, being an officer and sitting on comittees, that I do not wish to participate in other functions, nor do I have the time even if I wanted to join these groups.

It is easier to manipulate followers if they are proud of beeing freemason
and if they don't have any Apprehension and fears, to go further deep in freemasonry.

I think your assesment of the human psyche is incorrect. I think those who are afraid are easier to manipulate then those who are not.

So when brothers influence others to get higher degrees, followers just do
it because brainwashed freemasons, wants to find the '' LIGHT ''
and follow the '' LIGHT ''

Nobody influences anyone to join any appendent branches of Masonry. I have been asked to join and I have declined. There were no further coercive efforts applied to seduce me into further membership.

BUT in reallity, exacly like Jehova Witness and Scientology.....to become a
better man and find the '' LIGHT '' you have to invest in freemasonry's
degrees and freemasonry's Bling Bling and activities.

To be a better man you need to look inwards and recognize your own flaws and frailties and correct them if possible. There is no investiture required other then that of introspection.

Your 'bling bling' comments are just obnoxious. Did you come here as you constantly say, 'To deny ignorance', or merely act ignorant?

It is truth that all Master mason in good standing can seat at many
of the grand lodge's meetings but not all and not without first having
request the visite. Only when the grand lodge have decided to let you in
that you can be seating in AND sometime Some Grand lodges ( Temples )
refuse in a polite.....way......to open their doors in certain privat assemblies.

In reality you are incorrect. I was at my state's Grand Lodge this past April and I did not have to ask permission or wait for an invite to attend. It is open to all members without discrimination.

In reallity, Some assemblies are keep secret and privat but it is done in
a way that exterior members are not aware of it, the grand lodge's Tyler
just organise a visite to another assembly date, pretexting any escuse
so the freemason will, get in...
BUT ONLY WHEN SOME..... Grand Lodges decided it...!

I would like for you to demonstrate were this occurs and how you happen to be the only person aware of the alleged occurences.

WHICH '' OAT '' IS MORE IMPORTANT TO YOU.....!

I prefer toasted oats. They make a great breakfast.

Deny ignorance and exposing conspiracies

OR

Defending and promoting freemasonry

These are not mutually exclusive.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

What does the G stand for in the middle of your symbol, God?, I don't know and I was always curious, thanks.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mossboss16
reply to post by emsed1

What does the G stand for in the middle of your symbol, God?, I don't know and I was always curious, thanks.
God or Geometry. Actually, I think the G is only used in the logo in the US. I believe most if not all other countries just use the square and compasses.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by thirdeyeflight
What is the average time it takes someone to become a Master Mason?

It depends on the jurisdiction. My Grand Lodge requires a minimum of 28 days between degrees, which means the minimum time from being initiated as an Entered Apprentice to becoming a Master Mason is two months.

However, if circumstances require, the Grand Master can issue a dispensation to dispense with the constitutional waiting period (for example, if someone in the military was going to be deployed before the waiting period was up).

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hello there, my name is Chris, I'm 23, and in July was raised to that Sublime degree.

I had parused this site previously but never really had anything to contribute, until stumbling upon this thread. I have to admit some of this is extremley comical, especially that one fellow's post about the name of thefirst known articiferand its association with the "highest degree" (which I found greatly amusing in the most ironicly accurate sense, Im sure the brethren among us would agree)

Anyways, my question is posed at the brethren of the Scottish Rite, I am planning on attending a reunion in Nov. to recieve 4-32.. I dont have lodge till next week, or Id just ask one of them this.. but aside from the stated reunions, are there meetings for SR members? or is it just the reunions and the little side activities?

Glad to be among the ranks of such eloquently spoken individuals

Frtly,

Chris

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonof the Widow
Anyways, my question is posed at the brethren of the Scottish Rite, I am planning on attending a reunion in Nov. to recieve 4-32.. I dont have lodge till next week, or Id just ask one of them this.. but aside from the stated reunions, are there meetings for SR members? or is it just the reunions and the little side activities?
In my valley we have a monthly SR meeting, opened in the 14th° most of the time. Structure is quite similar to a blue lodge stated meeting, but the number of officers, their titles & stations are quite different.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I just thought i would put my two cents in. I have been reading around on this sight for awhile and this is my first post.

As i am not a mason, my husband is one, along with being a shriner. I could not find better friends than we have found at the lodge and temple. More so the temple (we are much more active in the shrine). I know and my husband knows that if he were to die tomorrow (which is likely being that being that he is a fire fighter) that me and my children would be taken care of if needed. Not one of his fellow brethrens would let me fall, due to the oath they took. I take my kids to the Shrine Temple all the time and can not tell you how many grandpa's and grandma's they have adopted, aunts and uncles too. When my husband is at a meeting i know he is not up to know good, i know that, that is a place that can be trusted with people that can be trusted. I do though have a true story that i can tell......

When my husband went to his first meeting after becoming a master mason, some one mentioned that so and so's wife was not doing good after he passed away financially. with out the question being asked, there was over $2000 given to her, all because he husband was a masons and masons take care of masons.

That is all i really have to say, I have met some honest, wonderful, hard working, caring, giving, god believing, genuine, good people there. that is the place I want to make life time friends.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hannamtong

You have to understand that there are 2 types of freemasons. You have the traditional 3 and 4 letter lodges, and then you have Prince Hall Masonry which is primarily African American. The way the two versions interact, and even the lore behind Prince Hall Masonry varies from state to state.

On a side note, I am not a Mason. I have been looking into it for a few years, and have quite a few friends who are, both Prince hall, and traditional. The differnces I have primarily seen are that

1. Traditional Masonry is operated similar to a fraternity, where good will and camaraderie are supreme. Whereas many Prince Hall Masons I have interacted with (Primarily in Germany) treat it like a "gang" for lack of a better word. Also "taking of your own" appears to reign supreme.

2. The teaching can also be quite different. Traditional Masons that I have spoken with do not really with things like secret messages on money and whatnot. Whereas I had a platoon Seargant (Prince Hall Mason) who attempted to explain to me one of the larger secrets was a "black man" on the back of the 2 dollar bill. The seen on the back depicts the signing of the constitution, and he got quite angry when I printed off a full color example of the actual painting used and showed him that it was not a "black man" but a white man with a slight shadow. (not meant to come off as racist, just facts) He then explained to me that "they" changed the actual painting to hide the truth.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
In my valley we have a monthly SR meeting, opened in the 14th° most of the time. Structure is quite similar to a blue lodge stated meeting, but the number of officers, their titles & stations are quite different.

Bro. Josh,

Just to point out something. You said your SR meetings are opened on the 14th Degree most of the time. I assume you're in the Southern Jurisdiction, USA. If so, you might be interested to know that while the Scottish Rite can be opened on any of the degrees for the purpose of conferring those degrees, ALL business of the Scottish Rite is conducted in the 14th Degree.

When the Supreme Council is in session in Washington DC, we open on the 33rd Degree (simply because that is the Supreme Council) degree, then call the meeting to the 14th Degree and conduct business. All business except the election of new SGIG'S. The 14th Degree is truly the Degree of Perfection. This means that ANY Scottish Rite Mason my attend the regular business of the Supreme Council while in session (again, with the exception of the election of new SGIG'S and this is only in order to make sure it's a surprise to the Honoree receiving that degree.

Sort of makes all the silly claims of the anti-Masons that the 33rd, or (God forbid) "higher" degrees are more important, huh?

Best,

Appak, 33°

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Appak
Just to point out something. You said your SR meetings are opened on the 14th Degree most of the time. I assume you're in the Southern Jurisdiction, USA. If so, you might be interested to know that while the Scottish Rite can be opened on any of the degrees for the purpose of conferring those degrees, ALL business of the Scottish Rite is conducted in the 14th Degree.
Indeed, I was referring to a SRSJ Valley. The only exception to opening in the 14th° in my own experience, was the Maundy Thursday / Feast of Remembrance which was opened in the 18th°, as that ceremony is within the domain of the Rose Croix. I don't recall them closing down to the 14th for business, but I may be mistaken.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
if anybody has any questions regarding the masonic youth feel free to ask of me.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Q1, Do any married masons find the oath they take regarding secrecy a problem in relation to the level of intimacy they can offer their wife on any issue relating to masonry.

Q2, Does masonry tolerate any level of drug taking. If not, why not.

Q3, Which branch of masonry is involved with the teaching of esoteric knowledge and ancient wisdom.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Bumping my own thread :-)

So Wednesday I took the step of becoming a 'middle-management' mason by taking the fourth and fifth degrees of the Royal Arch Chapter of the York Rite of Freemasonry!

Now that I am a 5th degree all you 3rd degrees have to do my homework because of the OVERWHELMING amount of power bestowed upon me.

I got cash, parting gifts, a laser pistol and a rubber goat.

Any questions?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I have a question.
I know that there is a interview done when you submit a application.
Since I don't have a wife and still live with my parents, I was wondering if they would speak with my parents.
(Yeah, I'm twenty and live with my parents, saves cash. No a loser... )

My dad would be alright, he regards organizations like Masonry as a bunch of good ole' boys doing good and then going back to the lodge and getting plastered.

My mom however loves the videos on Youtube, and is about as paranoid a conspiracy theorist as they come.

How would her views affect my attempt to join?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Generally it would make for a lively discussion if she would like to sit in. If I was in charge of the investigating committee, I would invite either or both of your parents to ask anything they would like.

The interview should be a two way conversation, giving us a chance to get to know you and to give you a chance to find out as much as possible about us. Answering her questions and concerns should be a part of this. I would think it would make for a much better time for all. As your mother she should be concerned with your best interests. The investigating committee should be able to answer any of her questions as well as yours.

When I’ve been on investigations we have always encouraged questions about masonry. Since they have been made up of both new and older masons there usually has not been any problems in fielding the questions.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

To add another perspective (I agree with Masonic Student, but this is just something else to think about), you don't have to have them there unless you want to. I joined while in college so technically my "home" was still my parents house as well, its very normal for people your age. I didn't have either of my parents there since my stepdad didn't care either way and my mother's mood on masonry varied from not caring to condemning every mason to hell for Satan worship (she is/was rather erratic..).

However, if you want them there it'll certainly make for a lively discussion! Depending on how much she believes the youtube videos, you may want to let them know ahead of time as a matter of courtesy - I think most masons are familiar with the general CT surrounding the fraternity but some of the newer stuff has blown members of my lodge away. Her views won't impact your ability to join UNLESS the lodge strongly feels like your joining would cause problems in your family, which we really don't want to be the cause of.

For example:

One interview committee I was on recently had a gentlemen whose wife was REALLY into masonic conspiracy (we didn't know ahead of time but found out later). She acted perfectly normal and was the picture of social grace and politeness... and then out of no where literally threw a bible at us and started commanding satan to come out of us. Half of the committee literally started laughing so hard they were almost crying out of pure surprise, but I think one or two were shocked. The poor guy was embarrassed when he didn't need to be, but in a case like THAT it might be good to notify them ahead of time. Just depends on how much your mom is into the youtube videos!

I still don't know what were going to do about that guy's petition, even though hes perfectly fine - can't be causing any relationship rips because of masonry, though...

[edit on 11-10-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
When it comes to conspiracy theories, my mom's like a sponge, and she really posses very little critical thinking, she believes about everything she hears and reads.
She loves the Zeitgeist videos and is still a devout Christian while believing them as well.

While I'd love for my family to know what I'm doing and understand why, at the same time I've found it's better to keep somethings to myself.
I was just wondering what the impact would be.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
EDIT: Double post, sorry.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Well, if she is like that, she is likely to believe everything about masonry which probably makes the fraternity look very bad to her.

I'd say its a personal decision. If you decide to have her in on the interview be aware that if she is really hostile it may impact things - but only because no one wants to create family problems just because someone wanted to join the fraternity. Its just out of respect for masonic teachings, which as you know says family is always before freemasonry. I would think that she'd have to be really, really, hostile to cause concern on that note though. If you decide to have her be with you during the interview, given what you have said here, I would recommend you call the secretary after they tell you your interview date and pass along that your mother is a strong adherent to masonic conspiracy theory. It will help prepare the committee and they may even bring along some debunking literature for her.

If you choose only to have your dad and you, or just you, at the interview then you can probably expect a question along the lines of "what does your significant other (if applicable) and close family think about your decision to petition?" Its important to just be honest. If you tell them what you've said here, I doubt it would be enough to cause them any serious concern. After all, maybe if you put a few masonic books under the Christmas tree this year your mom could be reading some of the masonic conspiracy debunking books and soaking that up!

Or, as you've said here, you can just not tell them about your membership. I know lots of masons who for whatever personal reason aren't very open about their membership - just like I know quite a few who are so excited to talk about them they'll deck themselves out in masonic merchandise just to open the conversation. I even know a few who don't disclose it so some of their close family. Just be aware though, that if you find that you like masonry and that the fraternity is really for you then your enthusiasm will be hard to damper and it might get out eventually.

Just keep in mind though: your family comes first in masonry - as do your friends, work, and job.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
While I'd love for my family to know what I'm doing and understand why, at the same time I've found it's better to keep somethings to myself.
I was just wondering what the impact would be.
You're traveling on your own road. There may be detours along the way, distractions as well as attractions, and who you share the road with will vary over time. Ultimately only you are qualified to best judge your own situation. If I were in your shoes, I would perhaps let the investigating committee know that your mother is less receptive to Masonry, but remind them that you won't be living under her roof forever. Personally, I feel that the tenets of Masonry are such a personal thing, I rarely discuss them even with my close friends, unless they ask. From what I know by my interactions with you here, I very much doubt you would proselytize to her, or anything silly like that. But at the same time, I wouldn't let her potentially interfere with your own growth.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join