It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a Mason

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I live in Kansas City, MO and have wished to join for months, but cannot locate a member that can help me.

Do you have any advice for me?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Chieftain226

Contact your local lodge and mention you are interested in joining, you will most likely be invited down prior to a meeting to meet some of the Bretheren and perhaps even get a tour. They will give you an application which you must complete and return, if you are found to be a person of good standing then I do not see why you would not be voted to initiation.

Another route would be to contact your State's Grand Lodge and inform them of your desire and they can assist you in 'getting the ball rolling'.

Best of luck and keep us informed of your progress.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
That has been my difficulty, as I cannot gain contact from anybody at my local lodge.

I did just complete an online informational form at the main Kansas City lodge website a few minutes ago, so hopefully they will guide me further.

I have no problem being patient, but have failed to hear from anybody at my local lodge in months.

I won't be frustrated...I'll just keep trying.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

See if your local lodge has a website that indicates their meeting days, you can go there around 6 or 7 PM and introduce yourself and explain your intentions. Just remember that most lodges 'go dark' during the Summer months so you might not receive a response or be able to meet anyone until September.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I definitely appreciate your input...I'll try to keep you posted for sure.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
i do not believe that you are a mason. because if you were i do not believe that you would be talking about things that ought not be spoken about.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hidden_user
i do not believe that you are a mason. because if you were i do not believe that you would be talking about things that ought not be spoken about.

Kind of a broad indictment there, hidden_user. What exactly is it that you think "ought not be spoken about"? Certainly as a Mason, if you're referring to Augustus' post, he hasn't revealed anything whatsoever that isn't easily accessible on the 'net.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chieftain226
I definitely appreciate your input...I'll try to keep you posted for sure.

I found this link for a lodge in Kansas City:
KC Lodge

I also had an ATS member contact me over a year ago from Overland Park, KS. He had many questions that he didn't want to post publicly and I gave him as much information as I could, and also gave him pointers to available anti-masonic sites and links.

I am happy to say that he made the decision to join a lodge in Overland Park and was raised this year.

If you don't hear from the lodge in KC shortly, let me know and I will see if I can track somebody down.

One of the main criticisms (and rightly so) of modern masonry is that we have clung to our 'old-school' ideas of communication and haven't fully embraced the Internet and many one-off lodge sites get created and then fall by the wayside. People use the links or contact information but the information gets lost.

Unfortunately this leads to the impression that masons don't like to talk to people. I felt the same way when I first started asking questions. I emailed and clicked links on the lodge site but didn't hear back. It turns out after joining that they had forgotten about the website and nobody was checking the email. They were pretty embarrassed because they love to talk to folks about masonry.

Now before the anti's start crying foul about 'recruiting'... The gentleman asked a question and we are trying to answer it.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chieftain226

I have no problem being patient, but have failed to hear from anybody at my local lodge in months.

I won't be frustrated...I'll just keep trying.

Some Lodges, in Masonic slang, "go dark" in the summer months. This means that they don't meet during the summer because members are going on vacation, etc. This may be why you haven't heard from anyone.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by hidden_user

I certainly respect your opinion and you actually bring up a good point.

No one mason speaks for the whole of masonry. The answers I give, and I think the others would say the same, are my opinion only and are not intended to be representative of all masonry.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Unfortunately, I haven't researched freemasonry to an adequate level to make any informed conclusion. I have researched the NWO for many years, but have yet lay my focus upon freemasonry. The majority of my research has focused upon the more "obvious" organisations (Bilderberg group, CFR, Trilateral Comission etc). My previous comment, was merely to point out the possibility that you could, through no prior thought on your part, be fulfilling exactly what I proposed. I am by no means suggesting that it is indeed the case, but it is a possibility.

This thread has sparked my interest, so perhaps I will realign my research, to include freemasonry and other such secret societies, and get back to you with what I discover (if anything).

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
reply to post by TrueLight

Applebiter? Is that you?

Here we go again.

No. Here was my first post on this thread:

Posted by TrueLight
posted on 14-7-2008 @ 07:22 AM

This is my first ATS post. So greetings ATS. I would like to pose some questions to the Masons here

I am not a liar. You were the 3rd person to accuse me of being someone else. You were the 3rd person to accuse me of breaking to T&C of this site. I am sure the Moderators can look into the matter if you politely request it.

Now that is cleared up I would like to ask a question regarding this post by emsed1:

Originally posted by emsed1
What's your deal with the drawing tools?

Masonry today is called 'speculative' masonry because we obviously don't build buildings or do anything with rocks. We pattern ourselves after stonemason guilds of ancient times, who were called 'operative' masons.

I am not convinced as to the square and compass explanation you give. I think it is possible that this video on youtube is somewhat nearer the mark.

The Great Pyramid and the Human Brain

The lines in red in this video clip point to the letters M.A.S.O.N on the great seal, coincidence? (that question is rhetorical).

What do you think emsed1, sir, does this resonate with you?

Regards.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I don't wish to Edit my post incase someone claims some sort of subterfuge. This is the 2nd part of the above link, which is a continuation of this "hidden knowledge".

Part 2 of The Great Pyramid and the Human Brain

You will note also that the central part of the brain which is shown as the location of the Pituatry and Pineal glands is shaped like the egyptian all seeing eye. Yes, that is not a coincidence.
Eye of Horus

It would be interesting if your Bretheren's accusations of my knowing nothing of Freemasonry were incorrect. And the opposite was true. Let me know your views on this please emsed1.

Regards.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I have sent you an U2U with the phone number for the Grand Lodge of Missouri. They will be more than happy to connect you with someone in your area. Good luck, maybe one day we will set in lodge togeather.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hidden_user

deleted because Fritz got to it before me.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by lost in the midwest]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLight

You will note also that the central part of the brain which is shown as the location of the Pituatry and Pineal glands is shaped like the egyptian all seeing eye. Yes, that is not a coincidence.
Eye of Horus

This is indeed an esoteric interpretation of the All Seeing Eye. It is also correct that the Egyptians called it the Eye of Horus, and the Hindus call it the Eye of Shiva. In Hinduism, devotees of Shiva wear the red dot on the forehead to denote the Eye of Knowledge, the Sahasrara Chakra.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Eye of Horus

This is indeed an esoteric interpretation of the All Seeing Eye. It is also correct that the Egyptians called it the Eye of Horus, and the Hindus call it the Eye of Shiva. In Hinduism, devotees of Shiva wear the red dot on the forehead to denote the Eye of Knowledge, the Sahasrara Chakra.

Many thanks for your reply Masonic Light.

The Sahasrara Chakra is the 7th Chakra, The Crown Chakra.
The "eye of knowledge" is the 6th Chakra, a.k.a. The 3rd Eye. a.k.a. AJNA.

Not wishing to derail the thread, just felt I had correct that point. Aum.

I wonder, do you gentleman, within your practices, perchance, use the middle pillar meditation, as shown in this clip:

Middle Pillar Meditation

I understand this is a Qaballistic practice, the pictures at Timecodes 00:18 and 00:28 of a naked Freemason wearing an apron leads me to believe, perhaps, that this is one way some of your members access the "G" (3rd eye) Chakra mentioned previously?

Regards.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmanuva
reply to post by emsed1

Unfortunately, I haven't researched freemasonry to an adequate level to make any informed conclusion. I have researched the NWO for many years, but have yet lay my focus upon freemasonry. The majority of my research has focused upon the more "obvious" organisations (Bilderberg group, CFR, Trilateral Comission etc). My previous comment, was merely to point out the possibility that you could, through no prior thought on your part, be fulfilling exactly what I proposed. I am by no means suggesting that it is indeed the case, but it is a possibility.

This thread has sparked my interest, so perhaps I will realign my research, to include freemasonry and other such secret societies, and get back to you with what I discover (if anything).

I am actually very interested in your conclusions. I believe it is important, even for masons, to maintain a healthy skepticism at all times.

In my observation it seems that many masons are members simply to hang out with friends, practice the ritual and participate in masonic activities. There also seems to be a much smaller 'core' group of guys that join all the appendant bodies and seem to show up on the officer rolls of the other organizations that meet at our building.

The common thread I see in that group is that these guys tend to be older, generally more even-tempered and even a little more easygoing.

Please share what you find out and even if you want to U2U me that's cool too.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

What do you think emsed1, sir, does this resonate with you?

Regards.

Hi,

I will take a look at the video and let you know what I think.

As far as the square and compass, the information I gave was my interpretation of the information given to me in my masonic journey.

We talk about the working tools at least twice in every meeting, and even more in-depth during the degrees. Of course these aren't the only tools we learn about, but the use of operative mason tools as analogies for behavior is, to me, a very elegant and effective way of teaching.

EDIT:

Well, I watched the video and it was really interesting. I think you are probably on to something with the symbology.

The only thing that gives me pause, though, is how would the ancient Egyptians know what the pineal gland was or what it did? It seems logical that without some sort of advanced technology or guidance the brain would just seem like a bunch of goo with not much rhyme nor reason.

Anyway, it was thought provoking and I appreciate the fact that it wasn't some rapid-fire flashing subliminal devil worship apocalypse video!

[edit on 7/17/08 by emsed1]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I don't wish to Edit my post incase someone claims some sort of subterfuge. This is the 2nd part of the above link, which is a continuation of this "hidden knowledge".

Part 2 of The Great Pyramid and the Human Brain

Eye of Horus

It would be interesting if your Bretheren's accusations of my knowing nothing of Freemasonry were incorrect. And the opposite was true. Let me know your views on this please emsed1.

Regards.

I will take a look at the second one and let you know what I think.

EDIT:

This was also a very interesting video and it actually makes some of the points that I was trying to make as well.

I will create a follow up post because I have to make some drawings to include but it will be up shortly!

[edit on 7/17/08 by emsed1]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join