It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel Is Possible - Just Not for You.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Since we know God can manipulate matter and also time it would seem that He alone can travel forward or backward through time. Humans will never be able to do nthis because we are subject to our physical universe.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by TH3ON3]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
See above.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Unless you are saying that ''God'' is all of the energy that is contained in this universe, then ''God'' is definitely not the only conscious being that can travel through time.
Time is nonexistant.
There is no intervention. The point is that we are the ones, that ultimately cause the joy or suffering that we all experience. The world reality is not one where a teacher or school monitor breaks up a fight if things are going bad.
If ''God'' stepped in, it would be too easy. It is our job to ''make things better''

In my opinion everything is ''God''
And everything is ''Holy''
Everything is sacred and everything is united.
Quantum science shows that all matter, subatomically is connected.
My ancestors told me that everything is connected.
Every ancient religion has the golden rule as a pillar in their philosophy.
We are all ''God'' and ''God'' is all of us.

We were also made in ''God's'' image....

everyone can travel thru time man..it just takes practice and one just has to unlock the rest of one's brain.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
Since we know God can manipulate matter and also time it would seem that He alone can travel forward or backward through time. Humans will never be able to do nthis because we are subject to our physical universe.

What brand of god are you referring to please.

Please do not simply name a religion, that is pointless. Is your god for instance the creator of all other things, a practical joker, a vengful meglomaniac seeking worship and praise, the father of the other gods, Etc.

So you are stating that god is seperate from the universe, and outside the system. Not part of everything else, is this correct? Where did this god come from? Are there others now?

Before anyone can address your belief system, we need to understand it, and you need to understand it.

Do not emanuelatize the escaton!

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Time is a system just like any other. Humans will be able to travel in time in the future.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Humans created a system of time to indicate the cycles of our planet around the sun. Time, the calendar, whatever, is all dependant on the motion and position of the planet around our sun. Time is a noticable change that we have identified as a concept and put into relation by our motion within the solar system.

Now, time exists... but the understanding we, as humans, have is relative ONLY to our place in our own solar system. As such, we are only dealing with a small portion of the concept of time. Does our perception of time exist the same in a black hole, at the center of our sun or at the edges of the universe? Probably not.

Does this have anything to do with a god - any god... no. Time is manmade science. We can manipulate ourselves in the known spacial dimensions. We may or may not be able to manipulate ourselves in the other lesser known dimensions. Perhaps humans can time travel one day - we just don't have the working knowledge or technology for it yet. (Or perhaps some do but refuse to reveal it).

McMartinson

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mcmartinson

So according to your statement if there were no people, there would be no change in the universe. Planets would not rotate around stars, etc?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
Since we know God can

Whoa whoa, back up a sec. Since when do we know anything about God? Faith is belief without proof, for 'us' to 'know' something it must be fact, for something to be fact it must be proven.

So say 'since I know' if you must, but know that it's actually 'since I believe'.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Time is a system just like any other. Humans will be able to travel in time in the future.

The wording of this made me laugh!
Surely time travel negates the term future? If time travel does become possible later in this timeline, I think the best way to word it would be:

"Time travel IS possible, but the entry-points to every line of travel through time have yet to occur."

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychopump
The wording of this made me laugh!
Surely time travel negates the term future? If time travel does become possible later in this timeline, I think the best way to word it would be:

"Time travel IS possible, but the entry-points to every line of travel through time have yet to occur."

I guess I just dont care as much about the exact phrasing of my posts.

new topics

top topics

join