It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is 98% percent of issues on here crap

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Though I get tired of this format at times ,I consider it better than vegitating in front of a boob tube. Also the computer gives me access to informations faster and of more variety than television.

There is a huge cross-section of peoples out here and hence a huge cross-section of opinion. It is up to us to filter out what we will believe and are willing to accept. This is no different than in public school or on the magazine/newspaper stands.
Learn to build your own filter..in everything out here...not just on ATS/BTS/PTS.
No one out here has the obligatoin to spoon feed you what you like or think you deserve. You are responsible for building your own filter and managing it properly..not others.
It is the responsibility of each member as well as the moderators to not let this format decend to the lowest common denominator. Hence as they state here ...deny ignorance ...and contribute to the quality of the forum.
In this they are correct.

The advantage of this format is that we can reply back and interact with those of other and differing opinions...even like opinions. In this facet this format is quite different. There is even a chat room where you can meet on a more personal level than just to post seperately.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Well since you are so (sane) and rational minded then why do you come to a (conspiracy) forum?

Do you know what conspiracy means?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

I came here through a link- a link i have since forgotten about. I read the story i came for than became interested in something else, at first thought this place might have serious and rational discussions about issues but than came to realize this place isn't for that but for entertainment purposes ( for me anyways). I realize that is is full of conspiracies and all that but...WOW...most are just way out there.
. It's hard to imagine that sane and rational people actually believe the things posted on here. Now I just come here to chuckle and the stories but have always wondered if people actually believe any of these wild stories or are most here for the same thing as me>>>fun. Sure there are stories on here that are possible, and that few are here for answers to questions they have but i believe that most people on here just might be delusional and paranoid or have mental issues or just plain looking for attention. Judging by your avatar, you maybe involved in the biggest conspiracy there is. Religion and it's constant need to brainwash people into controlling them, so they do not want to lose thier power. We live in a new age and have since moved from the stone ages and that there are no need for gods. I believe that there may be something after death and maybe there is a higher plane of existence but to believe that there one creature that controls everything and that we have to worship it or suffer the consequences is insane. I have no clue as to why people who follow religion continue to enjoy life, especially when they think that everything has already been planned out for them. How can you live if you think that every decision you have made was already done for you. I personally would feel like a machine just fullfilling my duty.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by riggs2099]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Why is 98% percent of issues on here crap?

Why are you adding to it with this thread?
Later you said 99 percent was crap so that most definitely includes this one to.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Maybe because most of the world is crap? Could be?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
That is so simple to answer. It's because 98 percent of the people in this world don't think like you do and you can't expect them to. If you do than you will always live a lonely misserable life with no one liking you. Everyone has differrent interest and no matter how strange thay are you must respect them and their interest. That doesn't mean you have to like it, just respect them for being different. What you think is normal others might think is absurd and what you think is absurd others might think is quiet normal.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by MrMysticism]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

Well since you are so (sane) and rational minded then why do you come to a (conspiracy) forum?

Do you know what conspiracy means?

Who said I was sane.

I dont watch or read about the religion of Sports. No intrest in it.

I watch very little television..not intrested in most of the programming nor the intelligence appeal of the commercials. Nor am I intrested in worshiping at this altar of misdirection.

Hardly ever drink alcohol.

Only occasionally read a newspaper.....mostly for the crossword puzzle.

Not into UFOs or 9/11 conspiracys.

dont smoke...

I do believe that given the fallen nature of men...that conspiracy is as natural to natural men as breathing. It is just that some men, by nature,
are more organized/developed at conspiracy.

The question for me is when I say some men, by nature,....what is the nature of which I speak...the origin of this nature?? THe Source??

Now that is a conspiracy!!

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 15-7-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Q....Why is 98% percent of issues on here crap?

A....Because 98% of members are "members"!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hey all..... especially Access and Rush!!

....Riggs... after the trouble you've been causing over on ATS i decided to have a look through your profile to see what your problem might be..... i find it ironic how your quick to label people 'crackpots' 'loonies' 'mental' 'delusionsl' etc, when you are displaying clear signs of one or more of those traits!!

And like everyone on here and in ATS keep asking you, why are you here??
If everything your reading is 'crap' GO AWAY....... simple

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

Maybe You can't refer someone to this place if thier trying to find some answers.

But you can refer them if there looking for infomation.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
we are all entitled to opinions...

don't read the stuff you think is rubbish,I read and participate in what I find interesting here...yeah some of the threads are a bit over the top and very imaginative,but there is also some vey interesting facts here....
No one is forced to stay,we all have free will

[edit on 7-10-2008 by special]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
5 million posts.
That means there are 100 thousand posts that are worth a crap, by your measure.
Even THAT is more than most discussion boards.

That's why we are here. Same as you. We're panning for gold, how's about posting a nugget?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join