It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is 98% percent of issues on here crap

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I believe there are things out there that are truly unknown and that we do not have all the answers, but this forum has so many crack pots and loony bins on here that it is so hard to be taken seriously. You can't refer someone to this place if thier trying to find some answers, because if your like me your here because of the break from reality it brings me. This is like the weekly world news of the internet
. I may have made a mistake by saying 98%, more like 99.98% crap. I just want to know how many people on here believe...hmmm...lets saying even ten percent of the stuff on here.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Why are you here then little miss?

Perhaps you would be more at home browsing the topics on bts or maybe martha stewart living?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I believe i have answered that question in my post. Try read a lil more closely, i know its hard to take something seriously if it doesn't have aliens are having sex with my dog or something else kerazee in the title but please just try.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by riggs2099]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Its because the truth really is weird.
You think what you get on mainstream media is what is really happening?
The only truth you get on there are the stories that don't matter.
Sure its mostly speculation on here. But at least it isn't regular "sheeple" news.
People in here mostly tell the truth. Its just they cant prove most of it. Sources are provided for most things. To lend some credibility. Post's are flagged when people read, add and agree with someone's point of view. Its a collective effort and I have far more trust and belief in that than any mainstream news source out there.

I hope you dont take this the wrong way.
Its just you strike me as being very young and "wrong" in your assumption. That your opinion is far superior than that of 99% of the rest of the majority.

Best regards.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
If you hate it so much, why are you here?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Why is 98% percent of issues on here crap?

the reason be so many issue here be crap is people dont know no grammar

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Does anyone actually read
. Geez for the last time and this is for EVERYONE! I am hear for enjoyment and to escape reality.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Another grammar cop
. Ok you got me now are you going to answer.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

Thundercats! Ho!

Yes, I agree with that sentiment. There are some crazy ideas and even more so, crazy people, here. What a great place for discourse I say!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If you find that 98% of the stuff on here is crap, then you have successfully escaped your version of reality then. Quit your complaining.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Basically i believe 0 %. Not even my own threads.

(Add lol for the two line thing).

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
OK..maybe i should have changed the title to how many people actually believe the stories they read on here. I got be carefule da gramma polize are out and aboot.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
to answer your question truthfully... i actually hate grammar police and i am a horrible speller your title was just really bad so i had to throw that in there.

now about the crap.

do i think there are reptillian mind reader lizards living in my toilet?
no.

but the whole point of this website is that there is no one to sort through the crap for you. all you get is raw information. if you dont belive in reptillains in your toilet go to the next thread. but you might just come across something intresting.

like the iranians photoshopping missles. if you want filterd crap watch the news. if you want to find the truth for yourself come here!

and watch out for the reptillians.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by TheRepublic]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Lets see here, you create a post which says 99.98% of the stuff on here is crap. If that is so, it seems you have only visited the 911 Truth forum.

There are many Topic threads on this Forum that actually deal with Military Weapons, Weather, etc. Most of the topics on this forum aren't true conspiracy. Maybe that is why this is the MOST POPULAR "CONSPIRACY THEORY" website in the World.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Why? Children like to play on the computer.

This site is for entertainment purposes only. Crap in. Crap out.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Ok I am mainly talking the paranormal aspects of the forum...have got to be more clear next time
...lol. I am not saying all paranormal stories are junk but these people appear to just go overboard. I mean c'mon reptiles are running things....soul catchers on the moon...I live in two realities....CIA have been bugging my chinese food.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
. Geez for the last time and this is for EVERYONE! I am hear for enjoyment and to escape reality.

Oh really???
What do you consider enjoyment and reality?
We come here to gain knowledge, bounce our ideas off one another, and have a general discussion or debate with like minded people.
No one forces you to believe what you read. Your brain has it's own filters.
Originally posted by Riggs2099

I believe there are things out there that are truly unknown and that we do not have all the answers, but this forum has so many crack pots and loony bins on here that it is so hard to be taken seriously. You can't refer someone to this place if thier trying to find some answers, because if your like me your here because of the break from reality it brings me. This is like the weekly world news of the internet
. I may have made a mistake by saying 98%, more like 99.98% crap. I just want to know how many people on here believe...hmmm...lets saying even ten percent of the stuff on here.

You are entitled to believe what you like..but all throughout history there are so called "Crack pots" who turned out to be correct.

"In the world of the blind, the one eyed man is a delusional idiot."

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099

You can never escape reality when real people are involved, real life issues will always spill out into the virtual world, probably more so because it's easier to talk about your problems behind a virtual persona than face to face with people.

I would however like to congradulate you on contributing to the so called 99% of crap here (I don't really see it as crap personally but whatever) and to advise you if you don't like reading all this "crap" then to not read it, noone is forcing you to be here and if you're trying to escape reality (who isn't?) and you aren't succeeding then perhaps it's time to change to some other form of escapism ?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It's not about what we believe. It's about the reason(s) that we come here, what it is that we need and whether or not we are getting it.

Well, I started coming to ATS to find some answers...mostly regarding UFO's.....I'm still looking for those answers, and I'm no closer to finding them than I was on the day the I registered, but I'm having a h*ll of a good time while I'm looking. I'll gladly sacrifice a few loads of laundry and a clean house all in the name of seeking the truth.

Why are we here, typing away on ATS? It's a personal thing for each and every one of us. Everyone keeps asking you...'why are you here'? Don't take that offensively....just think about it. If you are looking for answers, then good luck. I came to ATS seeking one answer to one question...'are we being visited by extraterrestrials'? Well, now I have a bazillion questions and not a single answer.

But somewhere, deep inside this place are some of those answers and I've got time, so I'll keep digging. But this subject that you lay upon us has come up so many times in the past. No one is going to drop the answers, or the good threads for that matter, in your lap. And you never know when that one crack pot or loony bin might have an answer, might have a piece of the truth that you want, that you need. I would be far more angry as a member if this board let a single piece of truth slip through their little keyboards because the thread couldn't make it past some imaginary screening process.

I know it's totally frustrating when the more crazy the thread the more attention it gets, that just seems to be the way it is. Why? Because those crazy topics generate a ton of discussion. "Let's give them something to talk about...." and so on. Why does the (and I'm NOT quoting, lol) 'aliens are eating our children' or 'I fought an alien and won' threads get so much attention, more so then my well thought out "is it a ufo or the space station" thread? Because......ready?.........

This is a conspiracy forum....you gosta think like a conspiracist man!

And when your not feeling all conspiracy like, then hang out (as someone else mentioned) in BTS for awhile. That's where I now spend 90% of my time, the other 10% is still looking for those ufo answers. LOL

Rush

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join