It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let me get this straight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
So if someone called into 911 and said a lil girl is being held hostage in area 51 or that someone was shot dead in area 51 by area 51 personell, that the city or state police can not enter area 51 to investigate?

Is there a law that has an area more imporatant than an individual's life on the line?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

Don't send your girl to play there. It's not a play ground. For kids. That's like saying my kid is on the moon but the damn fire department won't put a ladder up there and bring her back down.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Woah, i never thought about that one, i live in Las Vegas, Nevada and i know that the laws here are pretty shaky, such as the amount of gambaling we have somehow makes us unable for any sports teams (hence the lack of an NFL, NBA, NH, or MBA team). But i believe Area 51 might be an area that has been claimed in the same manner Washington DC has been, it's not part of a state. But there's a great chance i could be wrong.

I would think that A51 would recieve the info contained in the 911 call and handle it themselves.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Area 51 is a military base.

The Air Force has it's own Fire Department, Police Department and EMS.

There would never be any need for any civilian agency to ever set foot on the base.

Edit -

Civilian authorities have no jurisdiction in military bases.

[edit on 7/12/08 by emsed1]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Its under Federal management just like the FBI come into a town and take over an investigation from the police.This is managed by the Department of Defence.
The Federal Criminal Regime.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The laws that apply outside of Area 51 don't necessarily apply inside Area 51.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

The camo dudes are civilians. They are deputized by the corrupt Lincoln County Sheriff Department. Cross the line and you get fined via the star chamber known as the Alamo Hall of Justice. The dudes park outside this building, the bus originated here, so basically you are guilty and that's that.

I managed to get out of a minor legal jam at the Alamo Hall of Justice by playing lets make a deal with the DA, but trust me, hard ball was required.

Avoid the Chevron in Alamo if you want to stay clear of the LC Sheriff. They like to hang out there and annoy underage girls.

All Hail Glenn Campbell
Clearly the best website for background on Area 51 bar none is the original UFOMind website from Glenn Campbell. It is required reading.

Unfortunately, the visitors guide is no longer sold. It is quite outdated anyway, but it has good background information.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
What phone are you going to use?

The pay phone in front of the 7-11 across the street from the gate?

The white courtesy phone?

Your own cellphone? Do cellphones work there?

You obviously will not be calling from inside the facility. So, obviously, you will be filing a false police report.

The 911 system knows where you are and who owns the phone before you speak.

Busted before you hang up.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Researcher
What phone are you going to use?

The pay phone in front of the 7-11 across the street from the gate?

The white courtesy phone?

Your own cellphone? Do cellphones work there?

You obviously will not be calling from inside the facility. So, obviously, you will be filing a false police report.

The 911 system knows where you are and who owns the phone before you speak.

Busted before you hang up.

You're assuming. The victim inside of course wouldnt be the caller as the hypothetical suggests. Ppl do help ppl in distress, you know, from the strangest places and distances. There is no law saying where you have to be in order to help someone, is there?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The operator is going to tell you to not worry about it becasue lil girl obviously not human anyway !!

Donno what else to tell you, but the answer suits the question!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
As previous posters have stated, any crime in Area 51 would be the responsibility of the Security Police on the base. And they are there. If they needed assistance they would call in the FBI. The civilian police would have nothing to do with it unless a lead took them to somewhere off base.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

You're assuming. The victim inside of course wouldnt be the caller as the hypothetical suggests. Ppl do help ppl in distress, you know, from the strangest places and distances. There is no law saying where you have to be in order to help someone, is there?

How is a person outside going to know what's happening inside?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This post seems to have yielded some disinformation and silliness.

Military bases have their own security. Area 51 probably uses military police inside the base (as such, they also have access to military investigators and the like for crime investigation). A civilian contractor is used to provide security for the perimeter of the base. The security force has limited powers--they can only arrest for trespassing and the like. They do not have law-enforcement powers like civilian forces on the outside and military forces on the inside. Security guards at a warehouse work in a similar fashion--they aren't true cops but do have some powers. Hell, even a civilian has arrest powers under the Constitution.

Military posts also have their own internal fire and medical personnel. During dire emergencies, properly cleared personnel could also access the base. Where I live, some members of the local PD and fire department have standing Q clearances and training to supplement internal personnel, should such a need ever arise.

top topics

join