It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The movie SIGNS is a SIGN

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by qwee3

I thought what was important about the movie was the vulnerability of humans when confronted with something extraordinary..... the foil hats, the terror, the lack of combining with other humans to figure it out..... I thought that was actually kinda spot on. They made no attempt to communicate with the creatures, they simply perceived them as malevolent, and secluded themselves and protected the fam. Given the same conditions, I expect I might've reacted much the same, in the absence of any perceived benevolence of the "aliens".

Beyond that, I don't see much of a message....... perhaps as with other alien movies, the introduction of the idea to the masses that we are not alone. Cloverfield......... spiffy special effects, and left the crux of the movie unresolved. Phooie.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
An explanation for global warming?

Uh......the Sun?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Don't worry. I've got my supersoakers loaded and ready to go. Now, if I can only figure a way to keep the little ones away from them. It's a hot summer in Texas, you know!

Everyone, rent the movie Signs! Mel Gibson is on to something!

Didn't he make fun of the jewish people?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
*cough Tell Juaquim(sp?), (or whatever his acting name is, like I'd remember his characters name)

"Swing Away...."

"Swing Away...!"

What cheese.

The ONLY good scene is when he's watching the news report footage, of the latino kids party, and he's yelling at the TV for them to get out of the way of the camera shot, then one of those aliens quickly walks by, a good jump in your seat scene, his (the actors) reaction was great.

As far as the Village, decent idea, but poorly done imo. Needed a bit more action/scares...., and something else was missing, I just can't place it, i mean I watched it, but wouldn't reccomend it to anyone , at least anyone I liked. heh.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by starcraft
An explanation for global warming?

Uh......the Sun?

the sun has been around forever and its never been like this before

anything that anyone says about pollution or whatever is just the government covering up the truth because they know aliens exist and know just as well that its only a matter of time before they show up

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
How about the coming movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still" , Keanu Reeves, will it be good?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I thought signs was a good film................showing how an anonymous family delt with there impending doom.

Pretty realistic if you ask me ...................i didnt see no FBI coming to fly by.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
i dont get why you arent taking this more seriously

dont you guys care that there is going to be an alien invasion VERY soon??

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by qwee3

Its obvious that "global warming" is preparing us for an alien invasion.

Sorry, but you have failed to correlate global warming to an alien invasion in my opinion. Why are the aliens here but waiting for the polar caps to melt further if their weakness is water? I would prefer this kind of stuff to be posted in Skunk Works next time. You may want to read more books on the phenomenon and watch less Hollywood scripts.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by qwee3

Acutally "SIGNS" is a complete work of fiction written by a fiction writer. Not one thing in that movie is factual or a representation of what has or will happen. Nice try though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join