It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "ATS Effect"? (Does it have you?)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

Originally posted by Swingarm
It must be dificult for couples who do not.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Swingarm]

i think this is the #1 reason why i stay single. i remember seeing this stuff on and off again during the course of my marriage, but the ex always made me feel "silly" and thus, in order to keep the peace in the home, i relinquished it until the time another trigger would come along.

this is very important to me and i just don't think i can settle to be w/ someone and then have to feel divided again.

that is the situation for a lot of us,jam; after years of confrontation due to my views and perceptions i,like you, am staying out of a truly confrontational situation, for unless a partner could be found that shares and respects these points of view it is nothing short of an un-ending struggle; i have bigger fish to fry.

seeker

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
you know what - Ive been thinking about starting a thread like this but just didnt know how to express it....youve done a good job there and I feel exactly the same as you.....certain things brought me here from personal experiences which lead me to believe that some of the stuff here is true...with so many people from round the world sharing their experiences its a wonderful place to be....a lot of misinfomration here so you have to be careful when trying to discuss them with the big brother people.......

I often try talking about aliens, 911, etc and always get the "You weirdo" look....it gets me down sometimes because you cant actually talk to anyone about it apart from people on here or similar site (this one is the best by far).....

Sometimes I just want a landing of aliens and say "HA"....look, all this stuff Ive been banging on about for ages is true.....and see the look on everyones faces....they would have no idea...(I havent either) but at least Ive kept an open mind about it and wont be in total shock if it does happen in my lifetime....anyway....your not alone in this but sometimes you do need to talk in person about this......

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

I often get frustrated, but more than saying "ha!" when this does become reality, I look forward to the final hurdle being cleared that will allow progress on many important issues.

Although I'm sure you feel the same way, I'm just furthering your statement.

I, as well, will have my secret little "I told you so" 's

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hello people, this is my first post here, I'm new to the site.
That being out of the way, I can understand what some of you here are saying. I also feel somewhat, not totally, but somewhat disconnected from other people at times.
I constantly see the loss of freedoms in our society, under the guise of protecting us from the terrorists, but I know the terrorists are factions in our own government, I know religion is the oldest form of government (control) and a huge scam, the war on drugs will never end, short of legalization, there is no law requiring American citizens to file or pay income taxes, the federal reserve is not 'federal' at all and my eyes which are blue will never change to brown. These things I know to be true... not opinion, but true facts.
My frustration is why don't more people care? Why don't more people look at the real picture? Ask more questions... do more research, in regards to those things that truly affect their lives and the lives of their friends and families...Open their eyes... and all I can think is..... Man I must be nuts or slightly unstable, even though I know that isn't the case.
It is just that people overwhelmingly are scared, of what might happen.

For instance out of everyone here posting in this thread.. how many continue to pay taxes on your income? I would guess... 95-99% continue to pay. Sorry this is just an example question to prove the fear factor is there even amongst most people here.

Don't just open your eyes, but step forward and stand.
This is why I become frustrated and feel somewhat different... because of my willingness to stand most of the tim alone and watch others close to me take a step back...

Sorry, for my long windedness here...lol, but i have enjoyed what I have read in this thread.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingGryphon
For instance out of everyone here posting in this thread.. how many continue to pay taxes on your income? I would guess... 95-99% continue to pay. Sorry this is just an example question to prove the fear factor is there even amongst most people here.

Don't just open your eyes, but step forward and stand.
This is why I become frustrated and feel somewhat different... because of my willingness to stand most of the tim alone and watch others close to me take a step back...

i agree w/ what you are saying. i have had to really take an inward look and "clean my house" (so to speak) of any and all things that were unnecessarily keeping me bound to the very things i want to "fight" against.

taking a stance can be the hardest thing, but not taking a stance while complaining isn't doing anyone any good, and in fact, could do more harm than good when others don't see you putting your stances to practice.

never ever bite the hand that feeds you. if you don't like the hand feeding you, make sure you are feeding yourself before biting

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Yes ATS has got me. I love this place.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
i am amazed at the many people who feel this way. i also often feel isolated, have been called weird by my peers for the things that interest me and the things that make me who i am, but that doesnt make me want to change. although many of us have opened up to all those "out there" ideas such as UFOs, we dont think that is what makes us weird to other people. the fact is, things that effect the "sheep's" belief system, makes them feel very unconfortable. it all stems down to a fear of the unknown, and the horrible effects of the status quo.
people have always ridiculed me for my beliefs, and my imagination, and other than a close circle of friends who support me to a level, i just feel like an outcast at times, and in my point of view, everyone around simply doesnt want to see the truth, and simply shrugs me off whenever i even bring up a subject that exells "the norm".

just dont let this discourage you, because with the big number of people who have the same unlimited mentality around here, somone you can relate to is not that far away.
just because you believe in the possibilities, that everything is not as it seems, doesnt make you weird. it makes you different. it makes you special.
all of us in this perspective are constantly driven on a quest for the truth. we want to know more. we want to break free from the normalcy because it is BORING. it drives us batty because we believe that there is much more than what we are told, and what is seen on TV.
this stuff had brought on a whole new world to me, and i now dont take it as isolation as much as i used to. i take it as extra time to pursue the quest for truth, and even bigger bonds to the ones close to me. it didnt start when i began studying the subject of UFOs and conspiracies, and anything paranormal only recently, it started the moment i began to realize things. things beyond many people's wanted comprehension.

a change is coming, i can feel it in my bones, and can see it in my mind. a change that will open the range of human understanding and make us no longer ignorent and cavemen, huddling inside our caves and fearing the unknown, but powerful knwolage seekers, who are no longer afraid of the dark, and are open to possibilities.
people that will make the world a much better place.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

i know 100 percent what everyone has to say.i feel bad for the blind people.people need to know the truth.great post btw

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join