It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "ATS Effect"? (Does it have you?)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
When I ponder on your post, it makes me think about 9/11. Not as a conspiracy theory, or anything of the kind, but having experienced it while living in DC.

You see, we had F-18's flying over our house every night for weeks. Which was a fine sound when I worked on an Aircraft Carrier, and oddly enough brought me the same sense of security I had while on the carrier. However, then we had the Anthrax scare, economic difficulties, and everyone around me was either splitting up or making a commitment.

I started watching world events for the first time really. My friends began to call me the "prophet of doom". And I longed for some people with whom I could share the news stories I was seeing, and my theories about them without bringing them down.

Six years passed before I found ATS. Ever since, I have had the luxury of debating hot topics with some of the most brilliant and most moronic people on the planet.

Oddly enough, it's this syncretic experience that has actually taught me how to relate to those around me who I might find to be "less than aware" of certain topics.

Now, I know that I don't agree with most of the viewpoints I see on this board, but I do agree with the search for knowledge. And being able to see a cross-section of personalities which search for knowledge is a very interesting study in human behavior.

Finally, being able to question my reality in both the light of the ATS and Non-ATS worlds brings me a strange and ironic sense of balance.

We should have an ATS CONspiracy where we could all have the chance to finally meet each other in person.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
Oddly enough, it's this syncretic experience that has actually taught me how to relate to those around me who I might find to be "less than aware" of certain topics.

Now, I know that I don't agree with most of the viewpoints I see on this board, but I do agree with the search for knowledge. And being able to see a cross-section of personalities which search for knowledge is a very interesting study in human behavior.

Finally, being able to question my reality in both the light of the ATS and Non-ATS worlds brings me a strange and ironic sense of balance.

great perspective!! if i am reading this correctly, you think of your interactions w/ ATSer's vs non~ATS's almost as a study of sorts, right?

even if not, gonna run w/ this idea bc i like it and it may make things not only easier to cope with, but quite interesting.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

That a good story. You did'nt forget to take off your ats name tag did you?
It seems to be a common theme among people who punched through the tick tock consume and die mentality if you will.There is something that turns on in people. Do you think it's a phenominem thats always been with society, or do you think it's somthing more recent? When I think about it many people would argue we have more free time now than we did in the past others would say the oposite. Are people more or less conected to there surroundings than in the past ? Seems to me in the past it was a little harder to pull the wool than today, but somthings starting to happen.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Swingarm

Oh she grabbed a handful of mybigunit maybe thats why she liked me so much
In serious though I dont know what it was. I was shocked I was having these conversations with a stripper that is what got me. She threw me her number and told me to call her. Then this thread comes up and this is something I have been thinking for a few weeks. Interesting.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
reply to post by dunwichwitch

THats funny that you say that.

My girlfriend watches a lot of reality t.v. Any kind, actually.

But I want to shoot my self within 5 minutes. I feel bad for everyone. I mean, really, genuinely, bad for them.

You know, I look at people, and I think to mysef, "You really have no idea what is going on around you." When they act just like everyone else and I feel alone almost, if not insane. Do I really believe half the stuff I know? And the answer is yes, cause I am not a gullible person. I really am not. And It takes a general amount of knowledge to satisfy me.

And I completely know where you are coming from when people try to avoid you and how when you try to discuss some of the things you read on here, and its eating you up, how they change the subject or do not stay on it to long. And you just go with the flow because you can imagine the terror it'll cause if you bring up the topic once again. I have this problem with nearly everyone.

Amazedly though, my Grandmother, believes and is intrigued my most of the things I can come up with. Now whether she truly thinks about it, I am not sure. She reads alot, and she has heard of government conspiracies enough to give me breathing room to bring it up and hold a decent fifteen minute convo about it. And that makes me feel much better - even if she is a little off her loon.

I don't know about most the people on here, but from what I do know, I feel for the people who have absolutely no idea how much their world could and might change drastically at any given time. They live the illusion that it's never going to change. What will happen to them when it does and nobody, out of fear, will tell them a thing? It's a sad existence we live. [You know, us the Crazies.]

I'm glad you posted this, because it was driving me mad not more than a day ago how much I felt alone. ^_^ But we've all been there.

But one thing is for sure - I'd rather know what I do now, than be clueless and living blindly throughout my life.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Same goes for me, but you know what ! i rather know the truth then living in a lie all my life, plus the world is just more interesting with UFO theories instead of watching how Britney Spears got fat and Fugly
if i watch Tv i just watch Top Gear with Jeremy Clarkson anyone knows who he is ?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

Sheeple are NOT awake.
No. Nope. By definition, they are not "awake."

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

Sheeple are NOT awake.
No. Nope. By definition, they are not "awake."

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
1ST! OFF ALL THANKS FOR MAKING THIS THREAD.

2ND! I BELIEVE YOU MADE THIS FOR A PURPOSE( LIKE A REAL PURPOSE, FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE LIKE MINDED)

You know why I say that?Just tonight me and my Wife were talking about me changing and growing into a different person. She's scared that I might evolve into someone else, that would look for some else just like me(which I wont, I love my baby) the thing she doesn't realize is that she still hasn't awake yet AT ALL.

If you were to see me you would of thought I was a young 23 yr old Puerto Rican from New York, that had no knowledge and only into Hip-Hop and Clothes. From the out side I look like a normal New Yorker but I'm not. I too feel disconnected from other people (most actually) I feel so awakened its NOT EVEN FUNNY. But I can make the easy transition to the Matrix state of mind for other peoples sake.

I feel like our quest and thirst for knowledge is for some sort of a reason, a divine one sometimes. I don't know I really feel like every one is a zombie around me content and not asking questions about whats actually going on around the world, an I feel deeply sadden by it sometimes pity.

Great thread man I will be back!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I joined this site in 07 but had been looking at it for years before that....This site makes me feel eerie...yet I am compelled to return and feed my cynical side. But sometimes I just avoid the site all together because most of it is...pessimistic..

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Over the years I too have noticed that I become more and more withdrawn from society and all the nuances that go with it; however, I have noticed that it has increased to quite a degree since I joined ATS. I have always been a "lone wolf" so to speak due to a myriad of reasons such as having to "grow up" faster than a lot of my peers, an exceptionally high I.Q., and morbid obesity as a child (happy to say that genetics and kung fu kicked in and solved that problem though...pardon my kicking pun).A lot of my questions have been answered here on this site just as a lot the experiences I am meant to have on this path that I am on have come pass in the "real world". I am aspiring to be the best HUMAN I can be, unlike so many others and I think knowing a bit of the truth of our world due to ATS and other mediums as well as my spirituality have contributed to an awakening of sorts that differentiates between the uninitiated and myself. The "real" world just lost its appeal. So, I can see an "ATS Effect" in my life as well. You all are not alone. We have each other as sappy as it may sound.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
You are definetly not alone in this, I have had this problem for many years now. It is very hard to find people that will relate to the type of topics on this sight. When i found ats last year i was so happy to finally have a place to discuss these things. But i soon quickly realized Even here there are many that are just here to Mock, ridicule, and flat out harrass others.

But all and all, this is the only sight of its kind that does its best to keep it all in perspective. And there are many great minds here that dont follow the norm in our society. I am very passionate about alot of subjects that so called normal people dont ever discuss. My wife doesnt even have a clue to any of these things. I am totally disconnected from the world around me and i have no problem with that.

Some would say im anti social But i believe the correct term would be a-social. I get along and converse well with others most of the time. My advice to anyone that is questioning there beliefs is to dont give in to pure pressure and always go with your instinct. Most of the time you will find the answers you are looking for.

I believe the problem with writing your thoughts on a forum like this is, You cant always express what you have to say because It may be taken out of context. Much easier for me anyways to talk in person. Also Alot easier to really feel if others are just bs'ing you or telling the truth.

I wont Keep rambling on about this, I could talk for hours about this.

Thank you ats for giving us all A place to discuss our views and beliefs.

Russ1969.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The ATS effect is a resultant affectation of mankind cresting the eshcaton - that transcendental object at the end of time.

ATS is in many ways a Fractal representation of the Library of Alexandria.

It is the place of dissemination and association, which draws out the Thinkers amongst us. These are the Interesting times. We who's minds are linked and know this to be true are taking advantage of this brief moment in time, a brief period where novelty has chosen to express itself.

We turn thoughts into electrons, and shoot them across the world unimpeded into each other's minds. This is a rare event in space and time, a confluence of events and personalities that has never happened before.

There are those amongst us who appreciate, who see this for the treasure that it is - a fractal Soliton beginning to present itself for the first time in our history.

ATS is a product of the modern Bifrocation; we are the ones we have been waiting for. This is the waiting room in which we converse, waiting for the chance to heed that unheard call.

I have no doubt there is an "ATS Effect"

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

WOW! what are you a Scientist or a Monk? No disrespect. but you blew my mind away because your right on everything you said.. We have to talk sometime because you seem to have complete self-realization and
understanding. (no kissing as) I wish I could be able to express my thoughts like you just did.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Any well trained ATSer would be highly suspicious of a total stranger initiating such a conversation with them. That's on top of the suspicion of anything that ever comes out of a stripper's mouth. LOL hope you had your tinfoil hat on!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I wish that I could comment on all of your wonderful posts. This has been a very "open" kind of thread and I am getting above and beyond in response department.

Some of you have mentioned about how they have always felt "older" than others.

Does anyone else feel like an "old soul"? Would a ""young" soul even make it to this site?

I think that in this complex puzzle that are the mysteries of life, this site, and other forums like it, (I guess, never been to another one) can present answers to questions many people didn't know they had.
I see many threads from people asking why they feel this way, and the theme is always the same.
I just don't think we can write it all off as delusional thoughts.

And even though this site has it's share of septics and harassers, there are many who are just waiting for the right time to use their strengths, and dive right in.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Yes, it makes sense what you are saying and you might be right. Though, could you elaborate on your claim that Shamans are spiritually dead? If you could bring in some valid points and/or proof your comment would be clear.

Also as a side note - in order to love someone I need to have a reference point (object or person). For me it is hard to love ideology or anything abstract (concept, invisible spirit...). That is why I brought up an example of Shamans (and others people) who are able to make a direct contact with other realm/s.

Would you also consider the possibility that the the skill to communicate at a level you can not be harmed is a matter of training and psychological state (state of love rather than fear). If your answer is no, how are you preparing yourself for the inevitable contact with other realms after your death?

Do you think that somebody will take care of you (like Christ)? If yes, how are you gonna know this is not somebody cheating you (I say it based on your claim that Shamanistic contacts with spirit world can be dangerous because spirits can cheat and lie) and pretending that he/she is Christ, for example or an angel?

Thanks for your answer in advance

edit - grammatic

[edit on 14-7-2008 by FIFIGI]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
wow,

What a forum!

So glad to have stumbled upon a wealth of information, people and ideas!

I have felt the aforementioned "ATS" effect, when having group conversations with friends family you feel bored and reluctant to contribute because the topics are frivolous and stupid!

You know you felt the ATS effect if:
-you dont care about Brangelinas new adopted kid,
-you care even less about britney's hair cut
-you enjoy sport, but dont see the need to discuss transfers, wage increases and greatest players
-you enjoy meeting new people, and when it comes to the opposite sex, you find the majority of potential partners are nothing more than good little consumer units. Only fit to one day become trophy wives/husbands

YOU ENJOY- the look on someones face when you bring up questions and possibilities they have never discovered

you ENJOY- connecting with real people, or bringing about the REAL person who is coasting through their existence on cruise control

Great forum guys I cant wait to become a member!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Sometimes the ATS-Effect makes someone become a smart ass wisecrack who thinks he´s "superiour" in depth of knowledge toward the "sheep".

But if you´re smart (in contrast to a smart-ass) you will maintain the ability to relate to, communicate with any reality-frame and any person on their level.

The basic fallacy of communication is "I am right, you are wrong". This trap is fallen into by non-ATS-members and ATS-members alike. We just do it with other subjects here.

Ironic: While purporting to expose the elite we become elitist ourselves in seperating between "us" and the "sheep".

Deep within the heart of a conspiracy-theorist, there is an elitist.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

I'll tell you the truth. I think the real ATS effect is having people use words such as "red pill" and "Matrix" way too much to describe the situation we are in now.

I do understand what you are talking about because I go by every day just thinking, constantly thinking, observing the manipulation, observing its effect on every body, my friends my family. I can't sleep sometimes because my brain will not shut off because of the information overload.

As it was mentioned early in the thread, I have also experienced a disconnect from all people because of the things I may think are true. But, I had experienced this much earlier than after I started using this site. Since I can remember I have had an interest in many of the subjects that are covered here, and now I have learned more.

With this in mind, I still have friends, I still have my family. I talk to them about all of these subjects all the time. I have friends who even ask me what else have I learned, or if anything interesting has happened recently. Plus women like hearing about stuff like this...you know, conversation wise...

Maybe I'm wrong and I have thought about it many times, that I use the word sheep when talking about the "brainwashed ones". I even call my sisters sheep. Yeah, maybe it is true that they are not ready to "wake up". But I don't care, this is happening now, it was happening a long time a go, and it will keep happening.

These sheep need to realize that the supposed differences that we have, the small, trivial things in everybody's life, are not the center of the universe. That we are all living on the same piece of rock, blindly "floating" around in space. That their actions and inactions, greatly effect us all as a species.

ATS is just the name and the place. It is the people here who make learning some truth possible and proves that if everybody just tried to work with each other, like it was said earlier, help the fellow man, then, maybe things would not be the way they are now.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by souls]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join