It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "ATS Effect"? (Does it have you?)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
Is it because some of us are meant to have our eyes opened?

YES If I did not believe this to be true... I would have left here a long time ago and not waste hours, weeks, months... trying to show people what is out there... hoping that one or two will pick up the crumbs and look for themselves...

The road to 'enlightenment is a lonely road... the more you find out... the fewer people want to hear what you have...

But one thing I personally have found since I came to ATS... is MANY others who are on the same road... and have come to the same way stations along that road...

Perhaps this is the subconscious draw that keeps us here... and I do not belief for one minute the three amigos arranged this... it has just become a nexus... or a cross roads where many paths meet...

Why is it that most people couldn't handle some of the simplest ideas on this site. That it is "weird" and "out there"?

This was something that bothered me for a very long time... If a person is such a hard core skeptic, non believer etc... then WHY are they here?

Okay you can say some are trolls just out to mess with people... fine that accounts for some... but I mean those that keep coming to all the threads on a topic and are STILL THERE.

You know going in what the site is about... the sign on the door of most threads tells you what you can expect inside... yet they are drawn in...

My personal view is that like 'us' something deep in their subconscious mind is drawing them in... maybe trying to break through their own personal barrier...

I cannot prove this... but that is my hunch... they want t break the 'programming' and really learn the truth

As to why so many have trouble believing things like the 911 conspiracies...

Because it would destroy their normality... it would destroy their life...

As long as it doesn't effect their daily life its not so bad... atmosphere or bases on the Moon? Who really cares? How does it effect anyone either way other than NASA or the Gov is keeping secrets... and that hardly surprises anyone

Aliens are real and have been allowed to abduct people by our Gov?

IF that was proven real... despite what people claim about having an open mind... it would create kaos amongst those who have taken the Gov's word on everything...

911 was an inside job?

IF that was proven real... imagine the reaction to those who have served their country in good faith assuming it was all for a just cause, those who have had service people die in the name of that just cause?

So no they do not want to know... it would be to horrible to contemplate even the notion... yet they are drawn here... some to tell us how wrong we are... others because deep inside they KNOW something is not right with the world

I think that the idea is that there is an "ATS effect". Similar to an awakening. It adds to my disconnect, depresses me, and at the same time brings me hope.

Well since I have been here a little over a year actively... I have seen the awakening in many... and I do not mean the 'believers' I mean those who have taken the time to actually think on their own and follow the clues to find the evidence on their own...

Funny thing is many of these people will rarely post on those topics... but my U2U's and emails are so full these days I cannot keep up (sorry to all those who I don't get to in a 'timely manner")

And some of these letters are from some very interesting people who do not find it necessary to hide behind an Avatar and write me from WORK... like Boeing, NASA JSC and the like... ALL from participating here at ATS

So perhaps the trolls might want to remember there are some interesting participants here at ATS and behave a little more civilly

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Has it changed me? Not 1 bit and I'll tell you why.

With all do respect to ATS and it's members I have not found 1 thread that has solved or proven anything. All I seem to come across is a bunch of bickering back and forth. Whether it be a UFO experience/sighting, chemtrails or whatever. I have not seen anything other then hot air from self proclaimed experts of a given subject. It has been a big turn off I might add. Yeah sure some of the stories are very interesting, but there just stories. No solid proof on either side. If you need examples I will be happy to provide them.

If someone knows of some thread(s) that does not suffer from this and will provide Solid evidence that what the poster says is TRUE. Then by all means point me to that direction. You can U2U me as to not get to far off topic in this thread. Until then I guess I'll keep reading the back and forth stuff and getting no where......

I'll probably catch heat for this, however it is my honest opinion and unless you have a thread to back up your heat. It will not change my take on it one bit.

Sincerely

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

It's gotten so that I cannot answer all the wonderful additions to this thread. The poster before you brought up a very interesting scenario, one I have applied myself. Like now we are out of the programming loop or something.

But as for your post; I find it true in many ways. I just never can understand why there are some people who exist that refuse to believe that some answers may be right, and others wrong. Even after they see the proof that the gov't has tested on us, that the Constitution is being usurped, and that some corporations are preventing the use of certain breakthroughs and technologies... Well, it all adds up that maybe all of these conspiracies aren't wrong...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by john-Q

I find it amusing that you have read so many threads, and yet have not garnered a single bit of "evidence"?

Just a question, have you tried other forums? Look in automotive, or science/technology.

Try the political forums. Yes, it's true that most forums fill up with bickering, however this thread has not ended up on the front page, and although I wonder why not, (due to the views and flags) I also realize that this is why there haven't been that many harassing posts yet.

Just try digging. Some of my threads hold a lot of truth. It's just that they are missing flashy accusations...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by john-Q

What you say is indeed true of every thread I have seen here..

BUT only as a thread as a whole... it seems no matter what the topic there will always be those who enter the thread for reasons other than the seeking of truth...

trolling, name calling, off topic and just general derailment come to mind...

Some may be deliberate to throw off any serious info...

On the other side of the coin are those that no matter what evidence you post... they just simply refuse to even look at it much less consider it. I am not saying you are one of those... but if someone demanding proof, then ignoring what is offered... and still saying "I see no evidence..." well I have to consider that persons opinion from then on worthless...

One small example... in one thread we discussed the existence of the "Looking Glass" project... dealing with time travel...

I found a document directly from Los Alamos National Labs that not only confirms it exists but explains what they are doing...

That document got stuck in skunkworks and very few responses...

You cannot find truth if you won't even look

I posted another document in several threads that I use for a 'test' to see if anyone is really paying attention to anything... so far only 21 have responded and only 2 spotted the obvious...

I will be glad to send you the links if you wish...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I know what you mean about feeling like a Jehovah's Witness.
My friends are avoiding me. My family thinks I have gone off the deep end. But I find myself not caring. I can't turn back now. I can't go back to sleep and wouldn't want to if I could.

I also find that I am not interested in the things I used to love. I can't take part in most conversations because they seem so shallow. I want to yell...Don't you know what is happening!!! Don't you care??? Wake Up!!

I was trying to tell my nephew about 911 yesterday and I know he thinks I have lost it. He told me that I would probably think there were planes flying over spying on me soon because I was so paranoid. I didn't tell him that I had taken pictures of chem trails just that morning.

And I feel like I was led to this site. I read some Eckhart Tolle stuff and everything just took off from there. I had no idea that waking up would lead me here. I thought it was just going to be a spiritual awakening....but I guess this is all a part of it. Who knew??

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Hm, interesting question. The only answer from me is "we change". Just keep an eye on who controls that changes. How often do you walk in the forest? How often do you look to the skies? Can you look onto the sun?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the super fast replies!
I somehow knew someone would pull the "evidence" card on me. lol

jasonjnelson

I see you have had similar problems based on this thread.
Are we really denying ignorance?

Just a question, have you tried other forums?
I pretty much stick to the recent post, where ever they take me. To tell you the truth, most of the time i don't look up to see what board there on.

I will certainly be going through your threads as many seem interesting. Just note that I try to stay clear of politics and religion, I often get sucked in though. With that said, if i wanted to argue those issues I certainly wouldn't come to this forum to do it. I'm a member of to many forums that give me ample opportunity to do just this. Which is a big part of the reason I came here seeking more intelligent discussions. If you follow me. Thanks for the info.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zorgon
Just to know I believe in a tons. John Lear Theories, Chemtrails, NWO, UFO's ect. I would venture to say I believe more then most around here based on my reading. Without the need of much evidence. I just cant stand the dis-info police around here.

So please by all means point me to anything you deem fit. I will also look at your threads.

Thanks to you both!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone wanting to U2U me ANYTHING, go for it. I'm not one of these people that will run to the mods about it. I want to know, so send them, please.

Thanks!

[edit on 13-7-2008 by john-Q]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

justamomma, You asked "who benefitted the most??? That is a great question and I remember thinking that exact same thing. I think that is an extremely important question to ask. The answer almost always leads you to the culprit. I am going to make that point the next time I try to discuss this with someone who is doubting. A star for you!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zippy1958
reply to post by justamomma

justamomma, You asked "who benefitted the most??? That is a great question and I remember thinking that exact same thing. I think that is an extremely important question to ask. The answer almost always leads you to the culprit. I am going to make that point the next time I try to discuss this with someone who is doubting. A star for you!

that may have been THE thing that saved me from making a huge mistake in voting for 'dubbya' the 2nd time around (not that it mattered for any other reason than having a clear conscience).

yes........ when i DO talk to ppl, i try to plant the same seeds such as that question into their minds in hopes that down the road something could "click."

i have had short term "success" w/ ppl, but nothing long lived.

i will not lie : I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW RIGHT NOW, INCLUDING ME! (i think
)

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I see sheep, who only want to discuss baseball...

jj, solid post...but what did baseball ever do to you!!!

Kidding aside, in these challenging times, at least my beloved Detroit Tigers are above .500 going into the All-Star break.

NOW, since you called out people for 'only' wanting to discuss baseball [what are you, a pinko?!??!] and, uh, Angelina Jolie's babies [God bless the whole family, I could not care less...it's none of my business].

So I will agree on the breadth and depth of so much here on ATS. I'm new, and I am very glad to be here.

Go Tigers.

[edit on 7.13.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Not feeling on the same plane is not necessarily a bad thing. I want to say that the idea is universal, because everyone really is on their own separate 'plane'. But then, that's the thing; at the same time it couldn't be farther from the truth. Maybe some of "us" are "drawn" to this site. I started looking in on the topics here originally because i was doing a paper to scientifically prove the NDE phenomena, and i found the most fascinating information on the planet Saturn (odd link, other than my curiosity) anyway, i don't think at all being here makes "us" "weird"; I'd say it means we're curious. (Those in the paranormal forums with me would know that's the case!
) Anyway, think of it this way. The 'forced' feeling you get, it is not your fault for being interested in different topics. It is not only you distancing yourself. It is the other people in question as well, distancing themselves. Someone here (sorry, forgot the name~) said it herself. She talked to a guy, wanting to think on things seriously, and all he wanted to speak of was the relationship. It is because people's minds are generally very limited. She wasn't talking about anything alarming, nothing dangerous or shocking or wrong. It was his state of mind. It is the common state. It is like this, i find: people only want to hear so much, and they are selfish. They think they have such personal interests, yet they will ask you on your opinion, and then walk right out of the room in the middle of whatever you're saying. People can only stand t oget so close to eachother, and yet look at what happens when they're suddenly completely alone ("Cast Away"!:lol
They are just- the brainwashed- and sometimes those who've come awake just the same, they generally have limited capacity for sincere interest in others. They're not comfortable with anything more than a handshake and "how are you?" - and expanding their personal knowledge is not in any sphere of interest. Especially not by listening to what someone else has to say, even if only in opinion.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Hi Jason and yes the ATS has me too. I think the following comments you made sum up at least why I am here.

But I rarely talked about those topics, except with my brother.

Well, ever since I have joined this site, I have felt like Neo, and I took the damn pill.

Even though I have a heavy filter on when I roam this site, the sheer attitude and depth of knowledge that certain members provide, steers me in the direction of truth and new discoveries. (It's nice knowing you're not the only one that is awake).

I don't believe in a lot, but the truth I have found has changed me. (Once you have taken the pill there is no going back to sleep).

I look around, and I see the matrix. (It's all around us now).

I see sheep, who only want to discuss baseball, and Angelina Jolies' babies (and Britney Spears not wearing underwear).

Back in the 60's and 70's people talked more, there were more rebels and and free thinkers and fewer "Corporate American Drones".

So many things, including people have changed in 30 short years.

For myself, I began to suspect "somethings up" when George W. Bush Jr. became president. Having a person like Bush running our country, with his lying about almost everything, our media refusing to issue anything but "party propaganda" and all the other stuff going on, something's amiss, I just can't put my finger on it yet but so many people, the majority out there are just remaining inactive and asleep.

It's great to come to this site and see so many interesting and intellegent posts.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by john-QI just cant stand the dis-info police around here.

Hehe well with that heat yer avatar is packin I don't see an issue...

Personally I LOVE the silence like when they blast us about 'secret astronauts' and then NOVA comes along and does a one hour special showing names and pictures of those very people... including interviews with those that are still alive who are now all generals and such..

Now THERE is a thread that was peaceful... not a peep from a troll skeptic or other similar lifeform

But as I said I wasn't singling you out

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

So am I weird, or am I not alone?

Am I being affected by this site, or did I come here for a reason?

You're not alone and not imagining this jason. I can say the same for myself. Seriously. Few people are willing to talk for more than say 2 minutes about any one topic typically seen at ATS.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Everyone what Im about to say is the honest truth. Yes ATS has changed me. I used to be one of the sheeple who went through life watching what was on the MSM and entertainment networks and living my life and basing decisions on what I saw there. I have my jock friends and we talk sports and all that fun stuff. Well then I found ATS via some UFO search. I heard people talking about the collapsing of the dollar, and rights being taken, and politics, and this, and that and now when I talk to those same friends I too try to talk to them about the issues that affect us today. They respond to me by looking at me like I have lost it.

I ask people about Ron Paul and no one knows who he is. I talk about the international bankers and the FED again I get the same looks. I talk about the propaganda machine rolling high to start wars with Iran and again they look at me like I went looney.

So this past weekend I was out with some friends and went to a strip club. A few strippers come over I kind of brush them aside and then one comes and sits on my lap and says "You know I like you" and I had not said one word to this person. So I reply "Yeah thats what you say to all the other guys Im sure" and she told me "no theres just something about you" So I kind of chuckle it off and she asks me if I want a lapdance and I say no. She tells me she wants to give them to me for free. So Im like great sounds like a plan so I get my lapdances and she sits on my lap and we start talking small talk. Then she brings up propaganda and the push for the war with Iran.

At this point Im shocked. I look at her and next thing you know it we are in this deep conversation about EVERYTHING from Iran, to our rights being taken, to the FED and our banking and currency system, to our world policies, hunger, UFOs, MSM, I mean EVERYTHING ATS Style. We talked for a good hour and kept giving me free lapdances so the powers that be in there wouldnt think anything. But the weird thing is what brought her to me. I mean how did she know this is what I dug. I mean I talk and hang with a lot of intelligent people in their fields and none of them talk about this stuff or even have no clue for that matter.

My point is Weird things really do happen and its weird that I can talk about all this with a stripper but no one else. BTW she is from Italy so I dont know if that will make a difference or not but ATS did change me. I now look at crap WAY different than I did before. Not to say that ALL threads are factual because they are not but if you dig through most threads you will find SOME truth and sometimes you have to take all those little tid bits and put them together. Sorry for the ramble.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
There's two ways of seeing this:

a) WE(ATS) are awake.

b) THEY("SHEEPLE") are awake.

When we talk about things like "The Truth" & "What's going on" in the world, what truth do we speak of and what do we say that is going on?

For one, I think you have to have a basic moral set to know the truth that we speak of and the finer details of "what's going on" are far too complex for those people in one sit down discussion and we / you end up overwhelming them maybe.

In a nutshell we are enlightened with no real leader. We are a disorganized peer-to-peer gone wild chaos that grabs a new theory almost too fast and almost hopes the worst conspiracy is the true one. It shows in what posts are the most popular. not that we wat harm to ourselves and the world but the adrenaline gets flowing that way.

I think what scares people off of us is that we are far too anxious to awaken those around us and that its actually us that are making the "sheeple" WANT to stay asleep.

One by one, people will seek and they shall find.

Rather than discussing the Ron Paul / 9-11 / UFO thing you can take it their speed by saying "yeah I saw something about that on a website last night, it blew my mind and had to turn it off. Too much data in the site that was flipping me out. One of these days, when I'm older and wiser I'm gonna look into that site again." By now you've set them up (notice the repetition of SITE) to ask "What site?". Tell them you'll email the address as you don't know off the top of your head. Now you've got their email, send them the link and go from there. You've also found another inroad to communicating with them.

Consider their answers equally valid, as they might be! We have to keep our ears open as there's really nothing to govern our own awakening when we close off the world, awaking us to the wrong train of thought.

Nice topic! Glad you posted.
You are not weird, you are a junkie of esoteria, like the rest of us! And with that an adrenaline junkie!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Just great zorgon!
I have such little time on these days, other than popping on and off, if you get lonely over on your thread send me a u2u and I will be there, other than that, it is NOT your threads, I personally LOOK for your work here, but I guess I need to start checking your profile more eh?

Light and laughter, j.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join