It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "ATS Effect"? (Does it have you?)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The "ATS effect" did not change me..it ENHANCED me.
I was always considered "WEIRD".
When I was in grade school, I read books on witches, ghosts, aliens and ufo's, Loch Ness, and bigfoot, vampires and demons.
It was never ending.
Throughout the years I expanding in my range of topics. Most recently as of a few years ago, Government conspiracies.
ATS only brought so much more to my table. A virtual buffet of knowledge.
With that in mind, Iam a picky eater, and only digest the good stuff.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

mmmm, I was a little like you. Ive always love a great conspiricy but coming to ATS has just provided this wealth of people to talk to and informatino that would otherwise not be accessable.
But I love it though and its changed me for the better being here nods*, Ive meet people that I will never forget and I think its been a really good experience for me.

-fm

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
When I was in grade school, I read books on witches, ghosts, aliens and ufo's, Loch Ness, and bigfoot, vampires and demons.
It was never ending.

Lol, I was a lot like that too. When I was in Primary School, I always used to get books on UFOs, ghosts and all those types of things to do with mysteries. Like the Barney and Betty Hill case and the Bermuda Triangle.

I also was really into Astronomy (still am), dinosaurs and crystals (to do with geology though), but being from a Christian family I believed the Young Earth Creation viewpoint.

But yeah, I was always into these kinds of topics, even though I come from a Christian family. I even remember me and my sister, when we were little, pretending to be witches in the woods and making potions with glitter in it and stuff lol

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Yes, I can relate to you. As far as I am concerned, it is all about IQ and how you feel. This stuff seriously stretches the mind and you need to have the brain power for it. Furthermore, if you feel like your life is crap (always working, on the go to pay those damned bills, too tired to even tie your shoes, envious of those "slackers" out there that f-ing don't work and so on and on and on) you do not give a monkey's ass about stuff that is "out there". Hey you are happy the credit collectors are not calling you! Who cares about aliens or whether ghosts are for real, just to name a few weird things.

The thing is this, do you want to be your self or a "proud member of the stupidity collective"? Just discuss these matters with people who are alike, whether in real life or on the net.

I work with people who find it strange that I am 36, single, a vegetarian and very obviously doing what ever I am doing like going out (MIND YOU! 36 and stillllll going out!? There must be something wrong with this woman!). They have not said this in my face but I can read their reactions. I do not discuss anything with them, but you know how it goes. Your colleagues ask questions and before you know it you have said something which you think is ok but they feel is weird.

A while ago a colleague actually said this when seeing people walking in the street: shouldn't these people be at work? When he noticed that he had shown his real face he "admitted": Oh I am only jealous. Wow really?? You think that a person who is bothered by people in the street while he is working is going to get bothered by out there stuff?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I stared and flagged you after reading the OP. I really do not care what the general consensus is or others opinions, I agree fully with you and think about it often.

I wonder if after 911 the true lines began to be drawn in much deeper way, a much deeper almost unconscious level.

No matter what we produce as truth, eye opening awareness 101, no matter how 'gentle' we are it still feels like the sheep are being lead to slaughter, and people that were once open, intelligent and moving forward seem to be in a waking sleep mode which nothing said or done can change for them.

I have found that even if I say nothing, they somehow seem to know I know something which would shake up their comfortable existence if they allowed me in.

In my own personal world which is pretty darn limited, for years I have been expressing my thoughts on the upcoming trends economically, socially, politically, and so forth, they (my family and friends) have seen over and over confirmation of my said ATS wisdom's. Still they do not connect the dots or EVER remember that I had told them prior.

If I remind them, they almost get pissed.

So yes I can fully relate to what you say in the Op. I will be reading this thread for some answers...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Text Maroon

I can relate to how you feel 100%. People are dumbed down these days... too much flouride & junk in the water & food suppy I imagine??? You are not alone... the good news is that there are folks out there that are waking up from their slumber... keep learning, keep researching for yourself... remember, knowledge of truth is a powerful thing and I do believe the truth will set you free. Lots of the sheeple think I'm strange too... I don't care... I'm grateful I can still think for myself and not just believe what someone is telling me. Take care!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I was in ATS chat theother day and was talking to a member who said that their first impressions of me was someone who wasa bit wierd.

I have to agree.. but then after a while of chatting with them and doing one of my 'readings' for them, their opinion and how they talked to me toally changed.

They were much more relaxed and warm and open.

Most of my close friends of many years, swear blind I'm from another planet.

We all have varying levels of IQ but that is of no matter... intelligence comes in many different forms and abilities and I think that for those who have woken up before coming to ATS or woke up after being here are now more prepared for all that the world may bring to us.

This is what sets us apart from the rest. You could say, we are a minority with a priority.

When I arrived in the country i am currently in, those I met and talked with all had this pre-defined idea of my thoughts and opinions based mostly on what the TV had shown them. When I began to explain things, show them things on the internet and play a few dvd's of various related subjects, their opinions and thought processes took a turn too.

Firstly, I'm English, but they couldn't get it in their head that that means I'm not American. They had been conditioned to think that English IS American.

They had no idea of how money has no value or how certain aspects of their every day lives had just been completely upturned. What was interesting was how they took this new information on board.

My point is, that with this information learned, we have changed. A part of us now radiates an almost 'parallel universe' feel. We are connected to everything, but we have a knowledge that sets us apart from the rest and this is noticed subconciusly by everyone we meet.

We have the ability to see and hear things and see the lie, or truth, behind it, whereas everyone else will, as you say, be talking about some celebs babies etc.

Our subconscious minds and our built in natural ability to sense odd things make us stand out from the crowd. In a way, we have been empowered.

Maybe, the two words "Wake Up" have a far greater meaning than we have previously been aware of. Maybe the waking up is an actual physical and psychological event that is the secret the elite don't want us to achieve.

Maybe, waking up opens the third eye.

After all, you see many comments and suggestions on how the elite want us all to "stay asleep".

Another principle of this has just come to my mind. I once read that we should not 'wish' for things..instead we should put in an 'order' to the universe to help us obtain that which we would have 'wished' for. Apparently, wishing for things does not work as it is akin to a fairy tale or a walt disney movie. But putting in an order with the cosmos sets things into motion.

Wether it works or not is another thing, but it's worth a try. It's a bit like praying to a god. You pray to a god asking for help or guidance, yet we also say things like, "oh I wish I'd been more aware" or, "I wish I knew what I was doing"... etc.

You can't actually wish for help before an event, but there are those who pray for help, in other words, put in an order from there god for a delivery of guidance/help.

I feel we are all on the verge of something. We have all gained some insight. It may never be of any use to us, but without the ATS experience we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I really do not care what the general consensus is or others opinions, I agree fully with you and think about it often.

I wonder if after 911 the true lines began to be drawn in much deeper way, a much deeper almost unconscious level.

well, bc of the first line in the *above* quote i am sure this reply will go unnoticed

however, that is a good point that you brought up.

i didn't really buy into the TRUTH (not consp. theory) about what happened on 9/11 but i didn't NOT buy into it either. i didn't know WHAT to think.

but when speculation of the events were growing, someone planted a thought in my head. just one thing was said "who benefited the most."

as time went on, i was soaking up all that was going on in the world and in this country.

was ONE of the many things that HIT me unexpectedly when i went into the voting booth the last election fully intending to vote in 'dubbya'.

who benefited the most? who benefited the most? who was it that i should be more worried about when it comes to my right as an individual to protect my family and maintain my freedom to speech, have personal beliefs, etc.. suddenly bin laden paled in light of who was really the threat to me, my children and their future.

for me, i get all this infomation that makes no sense whether by something i read, saw, or just random thoughts........ most of it i acknowledge and then just "forget" about; and then at the most unexepected times, one thing can trigger these stored away pieces of knowledge and suddenly i understand why "that" was an important thing to know. (if that made sense
)

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I left a lot of replies without answers, but I just woke up, so....

There were three or four negative posts, and I'll address those first.

1-I only said what I did about myself to drive home the point that I am not some "typical" blogger, (by my own stereotypical view) and that I can actually have friends if I wanted them. But then again, maybe I'm just imagining things.

2- I have a lot of positive things to say about this subject.

But talking about how I think I was born to be a leader, and that I have something important to do, I just know it, leads the people who attacked me for admitting I was average.

But I do know that there are positives. Like opening someone's eyes (if they are ready for it)

But I guess it's not about "feeling special".

Quite the opposite, really. Hence me writing a thread about how all of a sudden I feel weird around others.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well JasonJNelso, you're not of above average intelligence, you're mind is just not clouded by the government brain washing/mind control.
How ever, I will tell you this, A lot of Zietgiest is crap, at least the part about Christianity, it makes it's case based on opinions, not facts. Jesus wasn't born on Christmas, He didn't rise agian on Easter, that's a bunch of stuff the Catholics invented. Jesus was actually born around mid to late summer (read the Bible, you'll figure it out). Jesus didn't rise on Easter, the original passover Begins on the 2nd of April and ends on the 19h, so Jesus (His Hebrew name is Yeshua btw) probably rose agian somewhere around the 22nd of April. Easter is in March.
Zietghiest trys to make you believe that there where only three Egyptian gods and claims the Jesus is just another sun god, this is not true in any way at all. There are MANY Egyptin gods:

Amun
Anubis
Aten
Atum
Bastet
Bes
Geb
Hapy
Hathor
Horus
Isis
Khepri
Khnum
Ma'at
Nephthys
Nun
Nut
Osiris
Ptah
Ra
Ra-Horakhty
Sekhmet
Seshat
Seth
Shu
Sobek
Tawaret
Tefnut
Thoth

There is no Egyptin God Trinity, there is a plethera of Egyptian gods.
Plus the faiths are incredibly different (I've studied them).

Christianity is about loving God and loving your fellow man as much as you love yourself (this includes your enemies as well), you put a roof over your head and food in your belly right? Then you should do so for your fellow man. You can't take anything with you when you die, so the best you can do is try and make this world a better place, love everyone.
And another myth about Christianity is that God wants your money, He does'nt, He requires something much more valuble, your love, your devotion, your heart, save you money for the poor, give it to them, share everything you have with everyone else, this is the true meaning of being a Christian.

The Ancient Egyptian religion was about pleasing the gods (which were real beings, but not actual gods, just "god-like") beacause they were afraid of them, later after the fall of there gods they started to worship the stars (which is where there gods were from) and tried to keep the "god" bloodline intact with the pharohs and so they tried to please the pharohs, they didn't care very much for there fellow man, they cared more about there own preservation, but after a few thousand years they figured out that there was no more "godblood" in any of the pharohs, but they kept the government going. The pharohs believed that they had to preserve there bodies in order to be able to pass into the after life, they also tried to take all there possesions with them by burring them with them in there tombs. The Egyptian pharohs and gods enslaved anyone in the area so that they could be glorified with carnal wealth and possesions, they cared nothing about there fellow man, only serving themselves and pleasing themselves.

All the other refernces are lied about also, but I don't have time to go through all of them.

We're all weird here on ATS acording to the rest of the "blue pill" worlds satandards, they just want to be happy, to be pleased, nomatter what the cost, they don't wanna learn that they are being lied to, manipulated and killed. Man wants power, man will do anything to get more of it, man wants money, man will do anything to get it, money can purchase power and power in turn purchases more money, the longing, the love of that, the want and crave for more and more money and power is the root of all evil. Absolute power corrupts absolutly. The nature of man is evil, many say it's not, but those are people who are being lied to as well by the world. Look around you, do you not see the world you live in? If man's nature is not evil, then why does it exist? If man's nature was good, then that is all he would do, but his nature is evil, his nature is greed, his nature is self pleasure (that is the reason why some people get married even, because the other person pleases them, not because they actually love that person, but are infatuated with them).

So as long as there is a carnal being ruling our governments, there will and always will be evil in that government.

You're not really weird, you're just trying to find the answer to the inconsistancies you see around you, you're trying to piece thi all together, trying to make sense of it and trying to think for yourself, there's nothing wrong with that and people who are decieved will reject and ridicule you for it. They just want to pleasure themselves and will pay any price to get that pleasure.

Peace,

-Jimmy

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It takes time to warm up people so they reveal their theories. And trust me - everyone has its own conspiracy theory. They are afraid to discus it because the concept of conspiracy is ridiculed by media and authorities therefore people try to avoid discussing it. I just take it gradually by asking what they think and throwing in suggestions occasionally. And it works - every single person on Earth has its own secret theory of WHAT IS GOING ON

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Paganism and shamanism provide direct and more valuable experiences than Big religions - Islam, Christianity, Hindu, Budism. Those religions have taken away from individuals the ability to make a direct contact with spirit world and are pretending to a medium between you and God. They are telling you things - what to do, how and why and how things work. In contrast, shamans are learning, growing spiritually and finding their way through spiritual experiences and direct contact with other realms.

Am I missing something?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
To comment on the op. Some things you just can't talk about. It's no wonder you're bro doesn't want to talk about UFO's with you.. its crazy! Why would you want to talk about UFO's? You can't convince people of some things, and really you can't talk about some things. To me that's why a forum like ATS is good, you can talk about it and no one is going to say wow, you are crazy, stop posting threads like this, lets talk about basketball.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

Thanks, but my issue was that my brother used to talk to me about the subject...

On a different note, I've noticed that I lost a couple flags. Is that normal? Can people take flags away?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think people ridicule and laugh at what they fear.Most people do want want to be different or stand out from thcrowd as this leaves them vulnerable.But I also think that humanity,as a whole ,is intrinsicly good and can't really understand why all the crap happens in the world.So they believe the 'acceptable' conspiracy theories-God's wrath ,the Communists.Al Qieda etc.This life is a double life.The life of scary monsters and super freaks and the life of shopping,tv,celebrities etc.Myself I'm as shallow as they come .I love celebrities and reality tv.So what.Is the world going to end cos I watch Judge Judy,no.But then there's no going back now(drama) is there?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

You're missing a little. Back in the day (like around 5,000 years ago), people had priests (including the egyptians) to commune with God, well the bible says that now we(Christians) are our own priests and we can commune with God whenever we wish and that we should commune with him more and more.

However this communion with the spiritual world of which you speak is not what you think it is, it may appear to be that you are communing with good spirits, but they may not be. There are many evil spirits out there and there are many that pose themselves to be people that you once knew and pose themselves to be beings of light and such, but they are only posers. They may tell you things that are amazing and interesting, but the things they tell you are a lie (most of them at least). I have known wiccans that came to know Yeshua and accepted Him as there friend and Messiah, they have changed completely around. Speaking to spirits is very dangerous, you are opening yourself up to any demon that wishes to enter you or commune with you. Communion with the Creator of all thing (YHWH) is the most imprtant thing of all, Shamans dies more spiritually, it may look like life, but in reality it is a death, the more you are away from God, the more you die spiritually.

loving one another is a way of worshiping God and getting closer to Him, this is one of the most important things ever.

Hope I explained my view a little clearer.

-Jimmy

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Its rather easy to let conspiracies take over your thought and not question them, turning people into "Conspiracy Sheeples". I say let it balance between alternative thought and "normal" thought and always keep an open mind.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Yeah, even my wife gets sick of it.

Part of my family is Jewish, part is Luthern. My Jewish Aunt yelled at her son and I for even bringing it up, citing that 'its obvious that muslims started the anti semetic rhetoric. We simply challenged her to 'fit the plane in the hole' and dropped it out of respect.

Well, that sucks H O W E V E R:

Since coming here I've learned a lot.
I've learned how to spot logical fallacies, and better yet how to construct my own logical arguements.
I've re-learned the scientific methiod and how to use it.
My research skills have improved.
I've learned to be more tolerant.
I've learned that there is a such thing as a respected foe.

Meh, what are you gonna do?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Most of the stuff he is very interesting and it is always nice to get different peoples point of view. However I also consider this an entertainment site. When one of these predictions that all you make come true maybe I will change my mind, but all the predictions that have been made here have not come true. Not One. I just can't wait till 2009. That way another 20 predictions will have past and not come true. Like the total collapse of the USA economy and george bush delacring marshal law

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I had the same thought! I've always been a skeptic, and maybe a touch paranoid, as in not trusting people as much as some do, but I think that keeps me alive and functioning well. I'd rather be looking way down the tracks for the train before it becomes a wreck.

Here's an example of how I am more sensitive to things since reading this site: Last Monday at work, we had a meeting. We have one every Monday about various topics. Days before the meeting, there were signs posted shouting that CHANGE was on the way!! Move over to the fast lane!!!

I went to the meeting that was supposed to start at 0650, but the speaker was already talking at 0645. She talked about different kinds of changes--personal, work, life, etc.. She had Power Point slides. She asked questions and wanted audience participation. Rah, rah, rah!! She asked how we felt when we heard there would be change. This went on and on. Thirty minutes and she had not made a point. I was expecting to hear about some particular KIND of change. Somewhere in all this she said, "For example, if someone told you your shift would be changed, how would you feel about that?" Instantly my radar went up and I thought she had probably slipped up and let some information out.

Some corny movie followed to illustrate how we can make the best of our situation if we choose to. (What situation, and why would I need to make the best of it?) We can resist and be miserable, or embrace change and make the most of it, go with the flow, and be happy and stress-free. If we don't, then our unhappiness would be a result of our attitude. (45 minutes later, she was still talking about change, but she was dwelling on change being a negative thing. That was another red flag to me.

After the meeting, I said to some coworkers that what I got out of that was the company is about to put the screws to us somehow. Maybe due to the bad economy?? They won't tell us what it is yet, but if we complain, it will be our fault for not making the best of our situation and having a bad attitude.

All of my coworkers gave me a funny look and said they thought the meeting was just about change. These are college educated people who glue their faces to the lobotomy box (TV) during lunch and breaks, and are more worried about what Paris Hilton is doing, or who is on some morning show, more than anything else.

I read a lot about science and have tried talking about amino acids being found in space and sure got some funny looks! No one had a clue. Oh well. I thought it was cool. I've mentioned a few things that I've read on here. Nothing too "out there" mind you, but I pretty much get a blank look. I don't dare discuss anything I read here with my friends.

Now, am I being paranoid and the company meeting was about change, or am I seeing what other people don't see because this site is making me think there are ulterior motives under every rock? Am I becoming more weird than I was before I found this site? Maybe I'm on here too much and need an ATS diet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join