It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "ATS Effect"? (Does it have you?)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
And are we in a different meta-physical state as well?

Or is this mental, or soul changing? What do you call this? (and don't say aging, as there are all ages on this site)

oh i am SO with you on the "don't say aging". i have had some tell me that and i just want to shake them and say "you don't understand."

this IS different.......... well, i think it is, of course it is hard to say since this is my first time aging, but i don't recall adults around me (as a child) who were the age that i am now ever dealing w/ these kind of questions and journey; and i was a very observent child always asking questions (much to my parent's dismay lol).

when *snip* started REALLY hitting the fan w/ me (it was right before coming to this site) and my "eyes" were opening, for about a month i couldn't even carry a normal conversation w ppl. i would be sitting there w/ ppl or by myself and literally it was like someone had grabbed my mind and was removing something from it that was not allowing me to see things as they were.

i would have thoughts come into my head and i literally went to my sister and told her i thought i was going crazy. then i would go online and be searching for something completely non related to the thoughts in my head, bc i didn't understand them......... then i would come across things that explained quantum physics or biology or astronomy and i would freak out bc the things i was reading were not things i knew and yet this was the same info that was coming into my head. kind of like something/one was laying the foundation for me to understand other things.

ahh... to explain it better, this journey seems to be somewhat out of my hands now and everything that is brought to light is done in a very methodical way which is why i say i now do not deny there being a higher power who seems to be working in an unconventional, yet personal way.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more.
Although I am not out going anymore. I used to be.
The thing is when you start connecting the dots. you realize you are not weird.
Its everyone else that is asleep. Or they haven't had an experience to convince them that something isn't right in the world.
Perhaps its the validation that comes from hearing from other people that have had similar experiences as your own.
I cant relate to other people anymore because. You have to experience something messed up in order to know, all is not as it seems.

I don't talk to the people in my life about the things that have happened to me because they could never relate. And because their whole life's, they have been told these kind of things don't happen. And only crazy people think that they do. Therefore you shouldn't talk with "crazy people"

I let common sense do my thinking now. And I must say. I feel far more informed

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

reply to post by justamomma

Since you have hinted at it, can I ask you what puzzle pieces you have put together since you've been here? Or at least what area?

sure. one of the craziest ones to me was there was a guy on here that kept popping up in the threads that i was posting in. he wasn't always talking to me. well, the things he was saying sounded so oddballish to me and yet i couldn't quit asking him about it. i wanted him to explain it to me and he said it would be revealed soon when i least expected it.

basically he kept saying that the sun is what causes illusions and when we understood the significance to this, we would be able to receive and understand more.

i sent him to personal messages begging him to explain this (although i am not sure why bc he really did sound like a ranting lunatic). he never did respond.

a few weeks ago, my sis and i were laying watching a gorgeous night sky w/ meteors falling frequently. she (although she's "open" she still maintains the christian way of thinking) said that she wanted to confess that she doesn't like how the bible talks about after all is said and done and there is a new heaven and earth, god says there will be no night and that he will be the light that shines continuously.

then i thought of a vs that said "what is man that thou art mindful of him" (david speaking to god). it was one of those 'awe' moments where you realize the grandness of creation and i thought that i would hate to not be able to enjoy the night sky as well.

then bam, the things the man on here was saying about the sun being an illusion popped back into my head after about a month and a half of me forgetting about it.

it hit me hard that the sun keeps us from seeing the beauty and the truth of the Creator. and the thoughts just started flooding from there. i started realizing that daytime is when ppl get so caught up in their trivial life and how the colors that we see during the day are nothing more than illusions... everything we see during the day is nothing more than the way the sun hits our eyes, thus the illusion.

took it kind of further even thinking how ppl describe the "devil" (something i don't think of in the christian sense) is the "angel of light". just like most ppl are up and about their trivial lives during the day and find beauty in these colors that don't even really exist bc it is an illusion as interpreted by the light hitting the eye. that is evil...... true evil never shows its true form. those that appear evil (aka bush) aren't necessarily where the evil lies...... it is rather hidden behind something that we interpret as beautiful.

anyway, that is kind of rambling and there is a constant flood of ideas and thoughts to carry this line of thinking through that are still coming into my mind. it is really hard to explain because how do you explain something that you still don't have even have all the pieces to?

oh, and i tried to see if that dude has been on as i haven't seen him since he gave that "cryptic" message. just kind of like that was all he was here for maybe?

(i sometimes look at the stuff i say and know ppl are going to think i am nuts lol)

[edit on 13-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

I agree also with what you say here.

However any more from me on that subject, and I'm afraid I will actually begin to quote the Matrix.

I feel like I'm running and everyone else is just standing around.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

The fact is, I actually came to this site after I called into Coast to Coast one night.

It was weird, a story I haven't shared on this site yet. I actually got through on my first try, and the screener accidentally hung up on me. Odd thing again, I called and got right through again. (anyone who has ever tried to call that show knows how hard it is to get through...)

Anyway, one thing the guest was talking about led me to do all sorts of searches, and I kept coming back here.

I think some of us are at a different place, and without explaining everything that was going on that night, I can say that I think that so many people here have little "pieces", but very few are willing to understand the bigger picture.

I know there is a creator. I know that Jesus existed, and was God's message of love. I long have preached how sad our world is, when we have such simple rules to end our suffering. However, maybe we search to deep, and have let the Churches of Men sway us....

That aside, I know that there is so much more out there.

I think some of us are closer to getting there though...

[edit on 13-7-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

makes me think of one of my favorite songs. i understand the lyrics in a way that i have never understood them before. schism by tool.

i know the pieces fit..... just can't figure out which piece goes where. some on here and other places have said that it won't all fit until 2012. guess it is good time is speeding forward so fast cuz i wanna know now lol.

i came across this series of vids the other day and although at first i thought it would all be "weird" i found myself sucked in and it has brought even more pieces to my attention.

www.youtube.com... (if link doesn't work, the video is called "david wilcock knows too much"

this is a series and by the 3rd i was drawn in bc some of this stuff just makes sense.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceara

Excellente!

I have found that this process of awakening really leaves you no choice but to completely abandon your old ways. I mean, you don't want to, and maybe you feel guilty about leaving people behind, and maybe you feel afraid about even leaving your former ego behind (it's like an old friend dying but instead of just dying he keeps punching you in the gut until he dies), but you have to in order to keep going down this rabbit hole. Like Dominicus told me, "You're already too deep. You gotta go all the way."

Despite what people think. Eventually, they'll follow. A good idea takes time, and it gets worse before it gets better.

Or maybe I'm just completely psychotic, but I think it's quite the opposite.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
you arent alone...
what you said resonated alot within. but I have found that if you can add some humor that you can subtly pass info without repelling people.
You have to realize that the people who shy away from such topics are scared. If you can get them to laugh and shine light on subjects that they may be fretful of than you are doing your part, IMO.
I think the american society at large need to wake up, and I honestly do not care what other people think.
The funny thing is that all the chefs at my restaurant call me ''cia''. And they call me a conspiracy nut et c, when I have never once brought up any crazy conspiracies. The people who use these terms seem all the same. They say the same things, and when they seem to be proven wrong they just try and ignore it so it doesnt pop up in their reality.
Its okay to me because I don't care and I drop bombs of knowledge anyway.

At my job we have a dry erase board, and I always write quotes from historical figures that are as pertinent today as they were in their own time.

I try and chisel what we talk about on ATS into the brains of almost everyone I meet.

I feel that a lot of people on ats are speaking and talking about some of the most important subjects today. If everyone was aware of the things that we are discussing, debunking, revealing, and uncovering, than I believe that we could be doing ourselves a favor in the long run.

Look at the desensitized, brainwashed, roboticized, and easily led youth of today. They are the future...we gotta wake every one up, but I think most importantly ourselves.

You already know everything there is to know about the universe. The answers are already yours...the true process is re=remembering things you already knew..

the amount of synchronicity I experience on these boards are astonishing...
thanks to all of you for contributing to the expansion of thought and the revolution of the mind...

peace and positive energy!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Very good points and I must agree, the same feeling that the majority doesn't want to see, or know is my perception. Until the moment occurs, which causes themt to question, and keep questioning happens for them, they are only going to stay in their bubble of ignorance.

People have to want to know, or change how they see the space out side that bubble, no one can force it upon them. "A person forced against their will, is of the same opinion still."

We can't help those who won't help them selves, but we can help each other.

That David Wilcock video is interesting also, just started #3, and the vibration thing reminds me of an ancient teaching I once studied diligently. It talked abojt how certain stones could hold a vibration for a long time, and how those tones could be "keys" in a sence.

May be worth looking into again, I'm very interested in finding out more.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Conspiracy draws those who most want to be special. Those who most want to believe they have some knowledge that no one else knows or can know. Its not about being correct, or actually knowing anything, its about the feeling of believing you've got it all figured out. It turns our complex world into something very simple, and it comforts those who previously could make no sense of the complex geopolitical processes that govern our affairs.

There is something about conspiracy theory that causes people to draw false lines in the sand and to make everything overly simple so that they can believe they understand the world more than anyone else. Look at the threads on this board: its the masses versus the elite, corporations versus the people, people versus the government. All of these, false dichotomies, created so that people can better understand a complex world.

And yet...such things are wrong. It isn't that simple. There isn't one massive conspiracy. And when something happens that don't fit into these simple, dichotomous conspiracies, I find great amusement in watching the hand wringing and hysteria ensue as people here literally make stuff up to make sure reality conforms to their worldview.

I admit, I'm drawn to ATS because I love watching the train wrecks in progress. I'll admit it - watching people think they are so intelligent and so enlightened actually amuses me. Not because I think I have all the answers, but because I know no one here does either.

Truth be told, if conspiracy theory ever went main stream it would die out immediately. The satisfaction conspiracy theorists get from it comes from believing they are special. If everyone else were to believe, they'd no longer be special, and it would completely fizzle out.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   

You sound a lot like me. I do a lot of stage acting / theatre. I work for an advertising firm and when we need to present a campaign to a client they call on me immediately for my people skills, friendly nature, and easy-going attitude.

However...and this hasn't started to effect work yet, I have felt disconnected even with my best friend of 16 years. It just seems everybody's so wrapped up in their busy lives, watching American Idol, eating McDonalds, and it's really pathetic. Nobody pays attention to this stuff, and that bugs me because true or not it's fascinating material that should be taken at least for entertainment value. Either way, it has been strange lately. Didn't really start until the summer, after Memorial Day for me. Oh well, I won't feel one bit sorry for these idiots when it all starts going down...if it all starts going down.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Please!!!! This thread is ridiculous! Keep your daydreaming to yourself and put it to use as a form of entertainment when sleeping at night. Your outlandish conspiracy theories and beliefs are just paranoid delusions created by your imagination. How can you possibly believe that large scale conspiracies are possible and you are unique because you have "seen the light".

.....Meanwhile.... the % of people that think you are crazy is higher than the few % that will agree with your insane stories. You are immature and selfish for utilizing your mind as a tool to freely think that humanity does'nt know everthing! Trust me...! The majority of the human race knows everything there is to know about life and the universe.

I believe it was Albert Einstein that once said..."The important thing is not to stop questioning." Wow!!! So wise.. ,yet so simply put.

I'm sorry if I offended you! The words I posted above were just to help you understand that you are not alone. What you felt in the first lines of my post was an example of how some of us share the unique ability to not fear the unknown. You are not alone!!!!

You my friend are part of a small but important group of people that should be known as philosophers. It is people like you and many others on ATS that sometimes change the world.

I often feel the need to discus many topics I enjoy reading about on ATS but I don't dare bring them up in an everyday conversation.

Why?

I like my job.

I like my friends.

Even if they don't understand that knowledge is a never-ending process. I will still love them and feel sorry for them ....because unlike you.... they cannot think for themselves.

The world is what you make of it. Don't make it anything but your own!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Hey OP, I still think that you should think about what I said, and try not to get into the mindset where you just lay back and waste your life. All I've seen you do in this topic was complain about how everyone else in society is. You never focused on the positives... you've only focused on the negatives. Yes, there are lazy people in our society, yes there are people who are naive in our society, yes, there are people that are completely unaware of what's really going on behind the scenes in our society, but, there are many good people out there. I think that the attitude that you have is very negative, and, I think you should start focusing the negative energy you have onto positive energy, and start by connecting to people who will talk to you, and start making more out of your life. I'm not telling you that you're crazy. I'm just saying that you are really would be wasting a lot of your life and you would not be much better than all those other people who just mindlessly carry on their lives by just complaining all the time.

Don't waste your life. If you don't talk to other people you won't like them. Talk to people you're interested in. It doesn't hurt to be social.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
The isolation and non mainsteam thought is what made me seek out these type of sites, i was the way you all are describing before the internet was even popular, in the early nineties i had 'an awakening' and could see clearly, but lost vision, ever since i've tried (probably too hard) to explain and regain the experience, i came to the realisation that i am god, we are one ect... or we are the universe experiencing itself, and that in turn has lead me to these type sites, so i did a search on google for 'godlike' and found inevitably the 'rival' site to this one, and from there found this site.
Either way it seems we're all tredding the same paths to knowledge, but i still am not sure whether i'm jumping from the frying pan to the fire or vice versa, but intuition guides me and it feels right, but is it possible for my intuition to be infiltrated?.....maybe, maybe we're the ones who are being mind controlled!?....but it feels so right

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   

You have a responsibility to think as widely as you can, surely. It may be lonelier on a different level but you can occupy your time to develop and channel your awareness. Maybe start on an exciting path by first developing some personal observation methods that work predictably to determine fact from fiction.

E.g. When you watch a video documentary of some guy giving a lecture on abduction... does he ever try to tell a joke or is he just "poe-faced" serious through the whole thing? It's one way to spot a fantasist, that I figured out. With other "tools" developed over years I feel I can watch these videos and pretty much "know" who's a faker. "Gordo" Cooper's (astronaut) video testimony on aliens holds up as legit.. (seek:youtube)

And if your clever you have to be careful. A desire for complexity will encourage the mind to match associations and events oh so cleverly into a string of beliefs that are probably false. Unfortunately, 99% of life is not complex at all. Work; a project with a specified goal; is the only reward.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   

I once heard from a palm reader, that due to my "aura" and such, (i don't really believe all of what she said) I would be well liked, but not really feel connected to people.

It's not that I don't want friends, and nor do I care about someone's opinion of me, (outside of work issues) however I have just noticed a difference in how people treat me.

My G.F.'s parents are definitely on that train. Thats the last time I discuss Ron Paul at dinner.

Methinks you have a way to high opinion of yourself.
"your fun to be around, you are well liked, you state to be good lookin"?

People who say all of the above are usually the complete opposites.

Jesus mate get over yourself.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I don't think you're weird btw

I'm only 19, but I've felt disconnected from people nearly all my life, except when I was a kid. In high school I was always one of those people in the middle group, not popular, but not on the other side of the spectrum either.
I guess why I feel disconnected is I feel I'm too nice and most people don't care to be nice to people they don't know. I'm always nice and I care about people I don't even know, but it feels as if everyone else is in it for themselves and worrying about celebrities and all that pop culture stuff.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm normal in the sense that I still know what's happening with Britney Spears and that Angelina Jolie is having twins. But I don't worship any celebrities or feel the need to look like a movie star in order to have worth.

Everything just seems so trivial! It feels like someone who has a lot of money in their wallet who knows they should probably check to make sure their money is alright or move it to a safe place, and a thief is about to steal it. But the person doesn't notice because they're watching a puppet show or circus or something. And they won't look away because they might miss what happens next, when it doesn't matter as much as being stolen from!

Like I said, everything just seems so trivial! And no one cares! They could be watching the news and see something about people in need and maybe they feel bad or something, but then something comes on next about Britney Spears or something. And they completely forget about the story on the people in need.

I only have a few close friends, and I love them, but I definitely feel as if I'm on a completely different wavelength to them. They have different interests to me, and none of them are interested in alternative topics. Although, my sister will sometimes talk with me about some stuff, thank goodness

I kinda feel like Neo too, sometimes I think "why did I take the red pill?!"
. But then I think to myself, I'd rather know the truth than not. And even if no one else wants to care, I like caring and will continue to do so, it's just apart of who I am. And even if no one else wants to do the right thing, I like doing the right and I will continue to do so. Sometimes it's hard though, to do the right thing. But then I remind myself, it's the right thing to do and it's what needs to be done, so why shouldn't I do it? What makes me so special that I feel I shouldn't do the right thing, you know?

And yeah I've become more open minded since joining this site. Some things are still hard to understand, but I try. I came here because after awhile of watching Stargate SG-1, I kept thinking, "what if it's real??". You know, like what if aliens really are real and all that. So I went looking and found this site and here I am

I don't know. Somethings up in the world, and I feel anxious, waiting for my role.

That's how I feel. For some reason I feel like I'm waiting for something. But I don't know what.

[edit on 13/7/2008 by Sparkly_Eyed777]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I originally came here researching 9/11 when I was about 15, I then registered at age 17 and I'm glad I did.

It sounds awful but I have two groups of friends. One group is what I'd call the "Awakened" people and the other I'll simply call "The Sheep". Unfortunately, "The Sheep" group is massive compared to the "Awakened" group. The "Awakened" group only consists of my best friend, a girl I know, my mum and that's about it.

I decided I would speak to one of my friends, who I have known since I was about five years old, about the possibility of Aliens and he straight up LAUGHED in my face. I was crushed and felt completely isolated from everybody.

It makes me feel sick when I'm out on a night in the pub or wherever and all I see is sheep, talking about TV, football, etc. It's quite frankly BORING.

I was out last night with a group of friends, they went to the bar and I was left with my best friend who I trust with my life and we've taught eachother alot about life and we were laughing at how pathetic most of the people in this pub were and how they NEED to be like everybody else to fit in. They're afraid to be different and have their own god damn mind.

Anyway, I don't think you (OP), myself or anybody on here is weird. The "sheep" are the weird ones. They're like bloody clones, just having a different appearance to each other is the only thing different between them. They're so brainwashed, they don't even realise it.

On the flip side, having this knowledge, although great to have, I feel it causes depression, especially if none of your friends know the same things you do and all they talk about is crap. For me, this knowledge makes me look at people in a whole new light, most of the time in a negative way, and I PITY those people.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I myself was drawn here because i changed.
When i was like 11 or 12 i started to feel things were not right. The world was not right.

It al started with a feeling that i didnt belong on this world. I remember it clearly, i must have been 6 or 7 years old and i was playing hide and seek with some friends. I was outside and as i looked at the dark sky filled with stars i started to feel very homesick. Now i was 6 or 7 years old, i had no idea what stars were, i had no idea what aliens were, absolutely no idea about the universe.

Then i got to dream i was at motherships, going to school, attending classes with alien teachers and that stuff.
Again, i was a little boy and i had no clue, i never saw a sci-fi movie or whatver.

Well, like i said, some years later, when i was like 11 years old i guess, i got this feeling that nothing ive ever been told about this world was right. I started seeking out websites about lucid dreaming, astral projection, cover ups, alien lifek, etc etc.

Thats what got me deeper and deeper in to the rabbit hole. You are on a site, you read interesting things, you keep reading and then those websites have link on which you cant resist clicking on. Finally i got on ATS.

I guess people just dont change after visiting this board, because people dont know of the existence of this board if they are not believing or interested in these kind of topics we discuss here.
The change comes first, then comes the belief, the interest, and the seeking of boards like ATS

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join