It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am living in between two realities

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Let me start by saying this has been a life long thing for me; I can remember me first noticing something amidst from quite young age. Let me explain to you in which the world I live.

I remember it was a winter day and my Mom was putting on my snowsuit for school. I looked down at my jacket and noticed the string attached to my zipper was different. Normally it was a little wooden whale but now it was a bright red streamer with a ball attached. I asked my Mother why she changed it, and she "I didn't, it was always like this".

Now normally I would agree maybe I just mistaken, but a few days later it was the little wooden whale again. Once again I asked my Mother and I got the same answer "It was always like this".

For the next 5 years I owned that jacket, I never knew day to day which zipper I was going to get. It is just not limited to that. I would noticed buildings I have never seen before, the next day the building will be gone, the day after it will be there again.

The sign that tells you my town’s population was always different; sometimes it would say 6127 and others 6294. I would leave town and it would be one, come back and it would be another. The next day I would leave down again and it would be back to the first number.

It is not only that, there are slight changes. There are movies that exist in one world and not another, and celebrities that are alive in one but not another. Paul Newman died in 1998 (Hence my name), I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news. I was in a furniture store looking at a new sofa when I heard a woman upset in the backroom. When I went to look they were watching a CNN with the headline "Paul Newman died of a heart attack this afternoon".

I thought about it no more until Cars came out, I bought my son the DVD and watched it with him. Imagine my dismay when I saw Paul Newman's name in the credits. To continue this, in my world James Dean died in a plane crash not a car crash.

I can list more to the brand of soap I use in the shower changing day to day, to which way I have to turn my facet to get hot water changing.

I have experimented with putting a number on my calculator than writing it down on a piece of paper. I would leave the number on my calculator overnight then check the paper in the morning, quite often the numbers would be different even though it would be impossible.

I'm not asking anyone to believe me, but if anyone has had any of the same experiences please share them with me, so I know I'm not alone in this.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Buble

Well you blow my theory I thought all these timeline collapses and one foot each in a different timeline started in 1998,your not alone your observant only this week the asx was trading in the 5000-5100 range and CNN was reporting 4900-5000.Yes theres a whole lot of weirdness going on.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Buble

Strange indeed, i was just going to post how can Stanton Friedman appear in an interview, when he died about 6 years ago? I just found out he is still alive, but I remember he died and all the TV reports from the time... (no, I'm not confused with Milton Fiedman).

Is time playing tricks on us?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenflt

First off that pic is was my signature on another forum. Its alright if you use it just thought I would let you know. Secondly, has the OP ever been to a pshychiatrist. I am sure there is a psychological disorder going on here.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I know what you mean, man.

I have several very clear memories from childhood. In one memory, I pushed my brother down the stairs by accident when I was three and he broke his leg pretty bad, had to go to the emergency room, and was on crutches for a month or two. I brought that up at a family dinner one time, and they told me that never happened. I also clearly remember for about a year or more, being dropped off at a house which was kind of like a private day care. I had friends there and everything. According to my mother, I was never put in a daycare. She said she always took me to work with her, which is true for most of my memory of childhood. This was also around the time when I was three.

Recently.... and maybe this explains why this guy acted so weird... I ran into a guy I knew for two years in high school named Jim. It was him, I'm 100 percent positive... but he said he had no idea who I was and his name wasn't Jim, it was Tyler. That guy definitely didn't have a twin brother.

Also, many of my friends have reported seeing ME in strange places and coming up to me and saying "Hey, what are you doing here?" and they would call me up later and get mad at me because they thought I was pretending not to know them. Well, it wasn't me. Not this me, anyway.

Time is a very convoluted thing. Not linear at all.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

You have no idea what you are talking about, man.

He is presenting this in a very sane way.

That was disrespectful.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

How was I being disrespectful...I was offering another alternative. Your belief in his story does not make it fact, just because I offered an alternative theory to his story and that he may delusional does not make me disrespectful.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by riggs2099]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
I am sure there is a psychological disorder going on here.

Why is it so many people automatically point out psychological disorders? How many people are locked up in psych wards, doped up on so many meds that they are pretty much in a perpetual catatonic state, but are really not insane at all?

Is it totally out of the realm of possibility that something like this cannot occur? Or would that make you feel too uncomfortable in your reality?

Who's to say this is real or isn't real. It sure seems real to the OP. I won't discount his experiences at all. They sound fascinating. Just because we're not able to experiment with these events with a control group and return consistent results, doesn't mean it can't happen. As the saying goes, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

However, what we know today in the fields of science can't even begin to understand these things. It would be like explaining astrophysics to my cat.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Could this be happening to select people? I say this cause i've never experienced this. VERY interesting however. I'm somewhat jealous o be honest. I'm going to agree with dunwichwithc and suggest riggs2099 apologize, you pretty much called Buble mental, that would earn a slap of the foe or ignore button from me.

Now that Buble has brought something of this order up, i'm gonna keep an eye spy out for anything out of the ordinary.

But Buble, could you do something for us? You say sometimes you type a number in a calculator and the next day it changes, what would happen if you recorded it? Would it be sunject to the same fluctuations as everything else in your 2 worlds? We'd see one, you''d see two on two different occasions? One time you watch a video it's solution A, next it's solution B but for everyone else it'd be either A or B. Try it please, and tell us what number A is and what number B comes out as please. Just a suggestion however, not a demand.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099

How was I being disrespectful...I was offering another alternative. Your belief in his story does not make it fact, just because I offered an alternative theory to his story and that he may delusional does not make me disrespectful.

It takes a lot of courage to come forward with what this person had to say. If you can offer something constructive that is something different.

How about asking if the person ever sought help before you slam them?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Check my first post. I never once called him loony or whatever you feel i said. I only offered an alternative. Check all his options before he goes and makes a fool of himself type of thing.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Buble

No problem. It is just start. Soon you shall realize that there are much more realities.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Interesting... a few that i recall; Mr T died sometime around valentine's day 2004 (admittedly, this might be a hoax i'm not aware of because my memory of this comes from reading an article in the paper that i haven't been able to find/find reference to since).

I clearly remember having an older half-sister on my father's side as a child who does not and apparently never did exist.

I remember a vacation in Kamloups BC from my childhood; nobody else in my family does.

I very clearly remember several incidences of reading something in a book (and remembering it word for word) then looking back later and finding the part i remember had 'changed'. this happens frequently, and i'd think it was just a bad memory if i didn't have a nearly photographic memory for short snippets of information (like single important sentences which i can see clearly in my head).

I have a feeling there are more incidences like this, but i can't really remember any specifics off the top of my head. this is definitely a 'real' phenomenon (even if it's only a phenomenon of the mind), for whatever that's worth. it was also written about in the novel "John Dies At The End" which is sort of a combination spoof/horror/thriller/philosophy book. you can google it; there's a sequel online and it's currently being made into a movie. it's not intended to be taken as fact (uh.. i think) but it's still an extraordinarily interesting read.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
There are many of us posting the same types of experiences in this thread. Celebrities who we KNEW were dead or died twice, things changing or appearing and disappearing. The sky colors and the brightness of the sun, ect . . .

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
...what the hey...I'll chip in:

I've experienced some wierd things in my time...right from a young'un. Small things really - that just seemed out of place or caused those "What the? Am I mistaken?" moments.

...things like letterboxes of houses around my neighbourhood changing colour (I used to deliver the junkmail, papers etc around the nieghbourhood as an afterschool job when I was a young'un) and shape. I saw the mailboxes pretty much every day...some were very memorable, such as a specific bright colour or a specific shape - yet there were a few times I'd be doing my paper route, stop and go "Ummm, hang on, #24 has always been an orange mailbox, how come its now purple?" Yet it'd be orange again the next time or on my way back home past that mailbox again.

...other things such as cloud formations, position of trees on hills surrounding where I lived, changes in what I remember my environment to have looked like moments/hours/days before...and then changes back to what I remember...

...of course the most logical explanation was that my memory wasn't as flash as I had thought and that I was merely convincing myself of what I believed I remembered.
I even started jotting down these things that I thought different - such as "#24s mailbox is purple" when I remember it as being orange. Yet when I recheck and its orange again...well...eureka I thought, got you! I wrote it down! Yet I check, and hello, what was written on the paper was "#24s mailbox is orange"

...so I just chalked it up as something I wasn't going to get to the bottom of anyway - irregardless of if it was real or a confused/false memory...so figured I'd pay it no mind and go on about my day/life...

I still notice things occasionally these days - but to be honest hey, if the world is being flipped like a switch, I'm seriously not overly fussed by it and just keep rocking with my day...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I've had this happen to me also sometimes. I remember doing a maze in a book I had. Not sure how old I was but I was probably under 5. Anyway I had to make a line from the rabbit to it's home or garden but I remember the rabbit being unhappy. Once I drew the line to the end the rabbit was smiling. I was with my sister and she said he was always smiling but I do remember it was not.

When we moved into this house I had this circus themed light shade thing on my light. Every once in awhile I would notice things would change in that. I know a color changed and some clowns moved to new places. I never touched the thing I always thought it was haunted. I finally did get rid of it and at the dump that was the first thing to be thrown out and broke.

I've had a ton of movies where I remember seeing them on tv and then nothing months or even years later I would see a trailer for it on tv again and nobody else would remember seeing it.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Buble

The only thing strange that has ever happened to me of this nature was when I was marking down movies from our TV guide because there were certain programs I was interesting in watching.

I wrote the date and times in my day planner, when I went to watch the show it was a different program so I went back to the TV Guide and checked it and it never showed the program. I was 100% sure it was there before because I specifically copied the program, date and time.

I told my husband about this and he laughed it off thinking I was pulling his leg but I swear to this date I have no idea what happened. It wasn't just 1 program it was like 8 of them and they were no where to be found in the TV guide after that ever.

If it was only 1 program I could easily reason with myself and say ok I was delusional and copied down a wrong program but it was 8 of them.
I am sure I couldn't have copied down 8 names of programs with specific times from my mere imagination that weren't there. The TV guide is still with me I have kept it from that experience. (I have looked into the parallel universe theory)

It's also possible whoever is doing all the time travelling is screwing up everyone's reality something like in Back To The Future.

Or our entire lives are nothing but an illusion like a 3d virtual reality show.
(Many theories out there but no absolute answer with evidence to be found.)

Are we possibly living in some kind of Matrix?

Ya never really know.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Malevolent_Aliens]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Strangely enough this brings back memories of my child hood from about 1991 to 1997 - 1998. About the time I turned 9 or 10 for some reason I woke up one day and was back in 1989 - 1991 (my memory is a bit fuzzy sine I was so young). I was the age I was supposed to be at the time, but with one difference I had memories up to the day I was 10. I thought it was all very strange either that I was dreaming about the past or I had dream of my life up to the age of 10. After about a week staying this age I felt that I simply dreamed of future, but I noticed a few oddities. One thing was that I constantly surprised my parents over how well I spoke as if I had learned more then I was supposed to. Years later I took developmental psychology and I found it odd that I broke the chart taught at which age first memories and the ability to speak to about 1.5 to 1 years early then I should have. Secondly most notable events that happened to me up to the age of 10 I knew would happen. One example is that there where these snow banks when I was about 3 and a half. My dad dared my and my brother to jump on one. From what I thought was my dream of the future, I remembered I jumped on it at that time and it collapsed into a puddle of water and my dad laughed at me because he knew it would happen. So, knowing this I got my brother to do it instead. The same routine happened but with my brother in my place. There were several other events that happened and many that I disliked I changed for the better. It was all very odd. Once I got back to the time I was supposed to be or dreamt to it just went on to today. I never really understood what happened, did I dream of the future and predicted things in great accuracy or did I travel back in time? Too bad I lived in such a secluded farm land at the time, I am not able to pin point any changes in the world except for the ones I made in my secluded life at the time. The date 1998 just brought all this back, so is there something special that happened at 1998 that causes all this?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Ive seen versions of the Matrix and Wars that would blow this timelines Directors minds,including a Star wars battle scence worthy of Lord of the Rings meets Bannockburn,those lightsabers are better than Kill Bill.

Also a version of the Simpsons that is about Republican election fraud that was hilarious as Lisa visits the graveyard to find that the dead have risen and voted republican,the diebold voting machines were one armed bandits where you pulled the lever and three Sideshow bobs would come up,Mayor Quimby lost to sideshow bob 1 to 101percent with a 1% margin of error I was in tears of laughter and no there never,ever has been a Simpsons cartoon that funny in this time line.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
You're not alone, that's for sure.

I think this is an effect of dreams. Not meaning we dream things and perceive certain things to be real, but rather just an effect. I came to a conclusion a while back that dreams are simply consciousness experiencing different realities or possibilities. Hence the reason we do not feel as if we are in control as we do in our 'original' reality. After a long time of writing down my dreams, this is the only explanation I could assume logical. Whether that is true or not, it's 100% true to me.

That being said, I (as do many) believe there are many realities. What happens when me in another reality experiences(dreams) this reality I perceive to be my original? I think it effect us in the ways you are describing.

That's my take on it, but hell who REALLY knows?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join