It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange experience doing Promethius Rising Exercise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Very strange.

This happened last night. I was doing an exercise contained in the writing of Robert Anton Wilson and I felt as if my soul/spirit woke up, sort of "snuggled" in my body' shook itself and came awake.

I then felt as if I was observing myself type on a pc as I was writing.

It was very real.

Very strange feeling/experience.

Has anyone else had this result with the exercises?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

Wow. Must have been a rare thing. Has nobody read his books?

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
thanks! always looking for more info and light on subjects like this.

I have had many experiences like that as a child and young adult and was at first scared because I thought if I left my body I would die. Then I did die from an unconnected event and had a near death experience and after that I wasnt scared. It was as if I had a conversation with my soul.

thanks for sharing man

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
No, never read his books. Was this some sort of meditation technique? I'm curious, please elaborate.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Which exercise? He lists a ton in his book and most of them are hilariously funny

For example :-

1. Whenever you meet a young male or female, ask yourself
consciously, "If it came to hand-to-hand combat, could I beat
him/her' ?" Then try to determine how much of your behavior is
based on unconsciously asking and answering that question via
pre-verbal "body language."
2. Get roaring drunk and pound the table, telling everybody in
a loud voice just what dumb assholes they all are.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I had went to the cafe to do the "observe strangers"..."which is the prover and which is the thinker" thing and after i had returned I was typing my results in word and it was like my soul/spirit "woke up" and I observed myself typing.

It was very different. I was'nt afraid. I still have the feeling.....sort of like having a really good dream and then you feel the dream again when you recall it. (I call those dream hangovers)

I still feel somewhat "detatched"...observing..

[edit on 14-7-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
To add to the above post which I posted while half asleep I had been practicing some of his exercises on and off since my first read of the book.

I have found that what he says, many times, if practiced as he states, is true.

My awareness of others, how they may interpret the world etc has changed dramaticly.

The biggest change is my fight or flight response. As said in the book, if we are in a fight or flight..."emergency" mindset it turns off other ways of thinking concerning an issue.

If we can overcome that response (as he states in the book concerning military basic treaining) or train that response in a different manner it really does open up new worlds.

Anyways...thank you so much for posting. I will post any other finding I have as I try to go through the exercises. I have a long ways to go.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I just want to say another thank you...been reading this book and some of the insight I have received is priceless..

top topics

join