It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: Attacking us is idiocy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bios

oh well sorry for misinterpreting your post. i guess watching the world slipping into the 9th circle of hell is making me a little sloppy.

im glad we are in agreement this is a horrible idea. just because something can be done dosnt mean it should.

and im not even as sure as you are that it could be done correctly in the first place.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I didn't mean to imply it's a good idea or that we should. Was just pointing out that's the way it would likely happen should it come to that.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
it would a death blow to the US economy if USA attacked Iran , with oil supplies crippled , the US economy will be in chaos , and potential of martial law in USA becomes high

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bios

stupid statement , for US economy will have to bear severe consequences '

According to the latest data from the U.S. Department of Energy, the United States is importing 12-14 million barrels of oil per day. At a current price of about $115 per barrel, that's $1.5 billion per day, or $548 billion per year. This represents the single largest contribution to America's balance-of-payments deficit, and is a leading cause for the dollar's ongoing drop in value. If oil prices rise any higher -- in response, perhaps, to a new crisis in the Middle East (as might be occasioned by U.S. air strikes on Iran) -- our annual import bill could quickly approach three-quarters of a trillion dollars or more per year.
www.countercurrents.org...

As a result of your addiction imported oil, you have become a different country, weaker and less prosperous ,in potential recession. Whether we know it or not, the energy Berlin Wall has already fallen and the United States is an ex-superpower-in-the-making.

after it is said you reap what you sow

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

well obvisouly you have never studied war. There is no such thing as "peace without conflict" There is always...alwaaayyys going to be somebody or something that wants to take your liberties and force you into thier line of thinking, or you die. So before you get on your peace pedistol remember that the pedistol your standing on was built on the blood of fallen soldiers.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
So what? Everyone here just wants to wait and see what Iran is going to be capable of before we do something about? That is the absolute dumbest thing I have ever heard! Yall want to wait until people die to take action. The loss of life of a few always outweighs the loss of life to many.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

.....what??? wow...thats just...wow i dont even have a response to that. propaganda much?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
I;ll haftya take some time out from my break in sin city to back Bios up on this.

Have any of you been in on logistic meetings dealing with what assets would be needed for certain scenarios?
Or have you been in on meetings where goals are required for certain programs to be determined a success?
Bios has.

PS: honey, I'm up 700 - thank me later... ;-)

And the real question, what is the point of attacking Iran? Nuclear ambitions? How about India? Is it because Isreal is in distress over the countries surrounding it? If you have 10 people and 9 hate 1, how about asking why to the 9 and not jumping to help the one. American Ideals being spread around the world? If China tried that, Chinese Ideals spread around the world, there'd be instant war as they would invade other countries as the states do. But money talks.

And as titled in the OP, Attacking Iran is idiocy, unless US intentions is for Israel to be destroyed.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Wow, you know, I love my country and what it stood for all those years ago. But in light of what seems to be down the road for us(a possible war with Iran). It is hard to fathom just what is in the minds of those in charge of this country (really, I do know). Where is the logic in fighting another war we can not afford? I see it`s clear the powers that be, don`t really care about our economy, and the affect another war would have on it. What the he&& happened to"take care of your own problems here first", before sticking your nose into other countries problems? Maybe this is the question that all of us need to send to our representatives and the White House (if only they would listen).

Are we that dumbed down that we can`t even ask that simple question of them? I have asked that of my rep., and no, I didn`t get a responce back, but who ever does? People, the shoe needs to be on the other foot. They need to be the ones who should be scared, scared indeed, of us taking their power away from them and slapping them in the face with it. Ask them where our Constitution is, and why they don`t follow it? Remember people, even though our country is controlled by the banks, the banks are owned by people(humans), and they CAN be taken down just like any other person can be. They can set in cells just like anyone else that breaks the law can. They are the biggest thieves of all time. They bleed and hurt just as everyone else does. This is my opinion.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by usaf60ces
reply to post by tezzajw

well obvisouly you have never studied war. There is no such thing as "peace without conflict" There is always...alwaaayyys going to be somebody or something that wants to take your liberties and force you into thier line of thinking, or you die. So before you get on your peace pedistol remember that the pedistol your standing on was built on the blood of fallen soldiers.

I have. And there are two opposing views on this issue - one whcih Americans have, the one you are sprouting as gospel being realism - sovereign nations existing in a global anarchic state with war as the ultimate arbiter - and the globally accepted norm of a global and regional interdependent economy based on institutions to solve crisis, there is hte English School, the post structuralists, neoliberalism, neorealism, post modern liberalism, feminist theory - actually there are many- it just so happens you only know of one - and there fore as all simpletons think it is only possible one, and the right one.......

[edit on 13-7-2008 by audas]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I can't believe people are falling victim to the same rhetoric used to justify attacking Iraq.

Yeah, we thought they had WMD's, we we're told they had links to Al-Qaeda.

Nope, flat out lies.

Now we're being told the exact same things about Iran. Give me a break.

Regime change without occupation? Not going to happen.
Without occupying Iran, you wouldn't be able to destroy their government.

The US simply doesn't have the manpower, finances, nor evidence to justify an attack on another country. But they're certainly going to try to push for it, especially when that country is where they intend to lay their pipeline.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bios

Hi, i have 2 questions.
I would like to know when this saga between a nuclear Iran vs the world begin or when Iran start their nuclear program.

My second question is when do you think Israel and or USA will start the war against Iran.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

There is always...alwaaayyys going to be somebody or something that wants to take your liberties and force you into thier line of thinking, or you die.

Like how the USA smashed up Afghanistan, Iraq and is now heading to Iran to instill 'Western Democracy'?

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

We have no interest in regime change, that will happen on it's own.

And to the poster who said we are an ex-super power, care to provide any evidence to support your claim?

During WW2, U.S. debt was 110% of GDP. Now, it's about 70%. Also, durig WW2 our economy was geared towards supporting the war effort. Our economy has been churning along supporting two wars for the last 7 years.

Debt s nothing new to our country, we have been in debt since inception. At the end of the revolutionary war the treasury was $75 million in debt. $75 million in the 1700's was an astronomical sum of money.

Please keep your hyperbole to yourself.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

As long as there is money to be made, greedy people will sacrifice everyone's lives but their own to make a profit.

It's always politicians who start wars, the public who fights it, and the corporations who profit from it.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

There is always...alwaaayyys going to be somebody or something that wants to take your liberties and force you into thier line of thinking, or you die.

So then Iran has threatened to take away our Constitution and bomb us if we don't believe in their line of thinking? If so, could you please give us some quotes or evidence?

[edit on 13-7-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This is how these Oil Speculators do it.....it's the most justified way to hike Oil Prices, without even going to the Auction, and everyone is a winner in this Poker Game of Toota Boota. The only losers are the same old suckers, who rely on their favorite daily Media Ration. Gas will soon be hitting the $10 Lotto. This may be the best time to buy a Bicycle, but make sure that you can ride that thing, don't fall down like Dubya

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by crisko

please read the article in my ex quote , it provides evidence in relation to that

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join