It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare 'Star-Making Machine' Found in Distant Universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Wow, this is incredible.

Rare 'Star-Making Machine' Found in Distant Universe

Astronomers have uncovered an extreme stellar machine -- a galaxy in the very remote universe pumping out stars at a surprising rate of up to 4,000 per year. In comparison, our own Milky Way galaxy turns out an average of just 10 stars per year.

There are so much we do not know about the universe. It seems that the universe was "designed" to keep creating things, and maybe even life.

Things like this makes me believe that there are countless of planets with life.

Another link: New found galaxy leaves scientists star-struck

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Deaf Alien]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

"Before now, we had only seen galaxies form stars like this in the teenaged universe, but this galaxy is forming when the universe was only a child," said Capak

Does this mean that advanced civilizations could be even older than previously theorized?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious_Agnostic

Yes, that is a very strong possibility. I believe that there have already been so many advanced civilizations before. Some are probably laughing at us "monkeys" thinking that we are superior and all alone in the universe.

I have always believed that the universe was primed for life.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Its highly improbable that with the space of the universe we are the only life-form. But everywhere i look anymore tv,video games,movies theres 'aliens' all over it. also the whole deal with the catholics and extrateresstrial life kinda pushed the whole thing over anyways so to say. As for the 'star making galaxy' thats good stuff, maybe its the creators of the universe making more stuff
could be a civilization that runs off the energy of stars that made a machine to make them so they have an infinite power supply

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I think the universe maybe actually be a living thing on something else. In example like mitosis now think of galaxies merging. The universe if you really think about it, has functions like other living cell organisms that exists everywhere, and like cell organisms that live in us. What if... were living in something bigger. What if our planet could be viewed threw a microscope by a giant living organism like we view cells threw microscopes.

new topics

top topics

join