It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chips anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
So you have all heard of the comments being made recently, by members of congress. Ron Paul for one has mentioned something big is coming.
Also in the UK, from what I understand. Local authorities are extending new powers to "traffic wardens" giving them authority to detain and arrest people.
The story I heard is that they are expecting massive civil unrest. And are extending these powers in the event that local civil, police and military are unable to contend with massive civil unrest...

The thing is people are apathetic. We just don't care about anything anymore.
When was the last time you seen massive civil unrest in the UK?
I don't believe that has ever happened in my lifetime. And to be perfectly honest with you. I am a lazy dude. Its true you know. I mean I would get there and protest if I thought it would change the world for world peace or something.
But lets be honest. Most of you are just like me.
Sure you might not like what you see, or what you see coming. But other than reading and writing in here what are you going to do about it? Nothing, that what.
So what is it then? What has the UK so worried that they are giving traffic wardens the power to arrest people? What has the US so worried that they are building massive camps all over the country? What is going to happen? What would make people look up from their computer screens get up out of their chairs and hunt down the people responsible for???
For what indeed. The only thing I can think of is this scenario.
Lets say hypothetically. That you wake up tomorrow morning and the TV is out. 1 day later the TV comes back on and you find out we have been hit with multiple nuclear devices.
Now in order to secure the nation we must seal our borders. But they are to big and open. So we must bring in Canada and Mexico and seal their borders. To protect us all we have to know who is who. ID cards are crap they can be faked. I know how about we chip everyone. That way you cant enter or leave an area without us knowing who you are. That way those damn terrorists wont get away with another sneak attack like that again.
What's that you say your not getting a chip. Well that ok we have a special camp for you to hang out in until you change your mind.
I don't know about you but that would get me out of my chair.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Also in the UK, from what I understand. Local authorities are extending new powers to "traffic wardens" giving them authority to detain and arrest people.

Any sources on that?

The problem with this country is that there are too many people who are afraid to make their voices heard. I'd be out there tomorrow over fuel prices and road tax if I knew I wouldn't be the only one! Problem is if it's just me:

1) I won't be heard
2) I'll probably be labeled a crack-pot or trouble-maker. I might even get arrested for "breach of the peace".

What we need is a general strike and this present government kicking out of office. We need to show the government the People are still in control, and that they do what WE ask them to.

Just look at how it isn't even reported that that guy lost in the high court over his action to force a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty. Forget people being apathetic - the majority don't even know about it!!

Whilst we let the government get away with stuff like that, there is no hope at all.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Sources
www.guardian.co.uk...
Its a shaky one. I just googled this to provide you with one.
I originally heard about this from a David Ike video. (Yeah I know).
But the guy makes an awful lot of good points. I used to laugh at him. Although I must say I have changed my mind after watching his vid. He is developing a big following now. Thanks to the book he wrote 15 years ago in which he made a lot of very acurate predictions of what was coming. Turns out he was right on a hell of a lot.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Problem is, we are being bombarded, with too much.
We have lost the focus on what to focus on. In this day and age info is all around us and people pay less and less attention to every one of them (issues).

Mental overload is the bigger issue than lazyness, other forms of mental overload is just trying to pay the bills with a shrinking paycheck/inflation ratio out of whack.

I want nothing - right now! I don't want to get involved, because right now, I am too involved.

Or I too am just lazy; the world made me that way.

new topics

top topics

join