It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Brought the Slaves to America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Dubyakadubla

Am i to understand that having no opinion of your own is what caused you to repeat the same citation that i called biased?? I already read somewhere that leader of certain school of propaganda in 20th century said that if lie is repeated often , it is no longer treated like a lie.
Spaniards brought African slaved first to America continents.
To US first slave were brought by:

John Colyn Jope was the mysterious captain who brought the first Africans to Virginia in August of 1619. Major Jope has graciously shared his family history with the author, giving us as well, the name of the Dutch man-o-war which, along with the English man-o-war "Treasurer", captured the Portuguese slaver "Bautista" in July of 1619 and brought the first Mbundu ancestors of the Melungeons to America.

Erizo sold the "White Lion" to his Calvinist minister, the Reverend John Colyn Jope of Cornwall. Captain Jope had to overhaul the battered ship; a project which took him ten years."

www.eclectica.org...
Once again, i know that there were Jews involved in slave trade and their involvement was not marginal. But it takes a certain state of mind to disregard all others (who were a majority) , as in almost all other cases, and pinpoint it on those Jews.
I know that you will not answer it, but probably bombard me with another citations from equally "objective" site. Keep on doing the good work ,then.Keep Dening ignarenc!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

So you're taking from a site...that praises Nazi Germany for getting rid of the Jews?

It's time for you to hush, child. Your bigotry has no place here.

Cecil Roth wrote about the daily life of Jews in England through the centuries; A History of the Jews in England. However, he never exposes any high profile criminals like the Rothschilds (even though he mentions them) so the value of this book is more about understanding how the Kings of England through the ages have had to deal with the Jews. It's not a book of great help for us today, but still of some value for those of us who are interested in history.

www.iamthewitness.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Op seriously, is your keyboard blown and now you can only cut and paste with the mouse? This sort of crazy rambling gives WN a bad name.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Op seriously, is your keyboard blown and now you can only cut and paste with the mouse? This sort of crazy rambling gives WN a bad name.

Try to accept and live with the Truth.....it's good for the Nerves.

Did you know that the 1st Jewish Slave Ship that landed in America was named Jesus Christ......can you believe that, please don't try to deny that as well.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Sorry dude but you need to take a break from www.jewwatch.com
Find something postive and post it and see how it makes you feel deep down inside.....

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 38181
Sorry dude but you need to take a break from www.jewwatch.com
Find something postive and post it and see how it makes you feel deep down inside.....

You got it wrong, Dude...the movie is not www.jewatch.com.....it is :
www.iamthewitness.com...

Watch it, it will free you from ignorance

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
In the end, people are people. Blaming any one group of people for slavery is like blaming your neighbor for the crime rate in your city.

Face some facts: in earlier times, slavery was a common practice. So common in fact, that it was not uncommon in some cultures for children to be sold into slavery by their parents, or for some people to sell themselves into 'indentured servitude' (time-limited slavery) themselves.

There were many many people from various lands, backgrounds, and ethnicities who brought slaves to America. Slaves were a common thing, and considered very valuable property.

All slaves were not whipped on a daily basis. Some were treated pretty good, especially compared with a few of today's labor practices. We live in economic slavery even today. (That is not to condone slavery, but to make a comparison.)

Every civilization since records were kept has had some form of lower-level worker class who did most of the work for little, if any, of the 'profit'. That's human nature.

Sorry if throwing some light into this conversation bothered anyone.
I now return you to the race-bashing...

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
So common in fact, that it was not uncommon in some cultures for children to be sold into slavery by their parents, or for some people to sell themselves into 'indentured servitude' (time-limited slavery) themselves.

Still goes on in some places today. In Sudan one can buy a slave for $50 (and they are probably cheaper but that is what the Christians pay in greenbacks), in India one can buy a child for as little as $12.

Makes me laugh when some people say things like "its just a dog, you can buy another one". Sheesh years ago I spent $1200 on a dog, so I guess that means my dog was worth 24 Sudanese slaves, or 100 lower cast Indian child slaves.

Of course that is silly, my dog was priceless, plus one has to factor inflation in (it was 20 years ago) I am just using it as an example to prove a point.

Point being, even the most "biased" among us, the least pc, still laugh at crazy ideas like "Jews talked Columbus into bringing 500 slaves back from his voyage". Granted most Semetics, including Arabs, do excel in spin, and I think we could blame a good number of problems on the linguistic/sales skills of Arab slave traders in the 1600's, but that is a whole other issue.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by TheRedneck
So common in fact, that it was not uncommon in some cultures for children to be sold into slavery by their parents, or for some people to sell themselves into 'indentured servitude' (time-limited slavery) themselves.

Still goes on in some places today. In Sudan one can buy a slave for $50 (and they are probably cheaper but that is what the Christians pay in greenbacks), in India one can buy a child for as little as $12.

Makes me laugh when some people say things like "its just a dog, you can buy another one". Sheesh years ago I spent $1200 on a dog, so I guess that means my dog was worth 24 Sudanese slaves, or 100 lower cast Indian child slaves.

Of course that is silly, my dog was priceless, plus one has to factor inflation in (it was 20 years ago) I am just using it as an example to prove a point.

Point being, even the most "biased" among us, the least pc, still laugh at crazy ideas like "Jews talked Columbus into bringing 500 slaves back from his voyage". Granted most Semetics, including Arabs, do excel in spin, and I think we could blame a good number of problems on the linguistic/sales skills of Arab slave traders in the 1600's, but that is a whole other issue.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Sonya610]

It does not help evading the "Topic"

Subject is :

(Who Brought the Slaves to America)

Is it so difficult to Focus

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Dr. Levy, a Jew.... Admits His People's Error

A Jew of standing, Dr. Oscar Levy, well known in English literary circles and a lover of his people, has had the honesty and the wisdom to meet the Jewish Question with truth and candor. His remarks are printed in this article as an example of the methods by which Jewry can be saved in the estimation of Twentieth Century Civilization.

The circumstances were these: George Pitt-Rivers, of Worcester College, Oxford, wrote a most illuminating brochure entitled, "The World Significance of the Russian Revolution," which is published and sold for two shillings by Basil Blackwell, Oxford. The book is the result of unprejudiced observation and study and agrees with the statements made in THE DEARBORN INDEPENDENT about the personnel of Bolshevism. The manuscript was sent to Dr. Oscar Levy, as a representative Jew, and Dr. Levy's letter was subsequently published as a preface to the book.

That the reader may understand the tenor of Mr. Pitt-Rivers's book, section XVI, pp. 39-41, is herewith given in full, and is followed by Dr. Levy's comments. The italics throughout are intended to remind the reader of remarks on similar lines made in this series:

It is not unnaturally claimed by Western Jews that Russian Jewry, as a whole, is most bitterly opposed to Bolshevism. Now although there is a great measure of truth in this claim, since the prominent Bolsheviks, who are preponderantly Jewish, do not belong to the orthodox Jewish Church, it is yet possible, without laying oneself open to the charge of anti-Semitism, to point to the obvious fact that Jewry, as a whole, has, consciously or unconsciously, worked for and promoted an international economic, material despotism which, with Puritanism as an ally, has tended in an ever-increasing degree to crush national and spiritual values out of existence and substitute the ugly and deadening machinery of finance and factory. It is also a fact that Jewry, as a whole, strove every nerve to secure and heartily approved of the overthrow of the Russian monarchy, which they regarded as their most formidable obstacle in the path of their ambitions and business pursuits. All this may be admitted as well as the plea that, individually or collectively, most Jews may heartily detest the Bolshevik régime, yet it is still true that the whole weight of Jewry was in the revolutionary scales against the czar's government. It is true their apostate brethren, who are now riding in the seat of power, may have exceeded their orders; that is disconcerting, but it does not alter the fact. It may be that the Jews, often the victims of their own idealism, have always been instrumental in bringing about the events they most heartily disapprove of; that perhaps is the curse of the Wandering Jew.

Link : www.iamthewitness.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Nice to know one man speaks for his entire religion!

This is pure unadulterated ignorance.

I only hope that this will serve the purpose of showing people what a thread on ATS is not intended to be.

Btw... your other thread on the protocols continues to show your standing on things!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
This post needs to be locked and deleted and the OP needs to be banned. The sole purpose of the thread anti-semitisim.

Not really the kind of thing for this site.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by nowhackohere
I disagree. Racism and hate flourishes in a dark corner of anonymity, but wilts quickly in the light of truth. I say let it wilt, let it die, let the light shine!

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Just another fine example of mindless blame game tactics of an anti-semite!! Your truth reminds me of the many published remarks of Goebbles and Himmler, Lenin and Trotsky. I sincerely hope that if you realy consider yourself an American you ditch your foolish and missguided hatred and become a human being. Your on a path that only leads to total failure in that regard!!!

Zindo

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
This is just a friendly reminder to stay on topic here.

Discuss the topic, not the members.

Thank you for listening. Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

TheBorg
Forum Moderator

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

You're actually quoting a website named jewwatch? Oh i'm sure that's not a biased source. The slave trade had white people, black people, spanish people, all trading slaves. It really was a global phenomenon, there were even some oriental pirates having a small part in it. To blaim it on one group is to completely ignore history.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
slavery was in america before white people came. indians took other tribes as slaves long before anyone came. anyway everyone had a hand in the african slave trades. of course that was 150 years ago and i still have people acting like i should apologize. i wont say im sorry because i didnt do anything. since this is based on the civil war id liketo ask a question.does anyone really believe it was over slavery?before you answer think about the question.if u think thats true then you think that half a country of people all of a sudden found interest in helping someone from another culture that was being mistreated with absolutely no personal gain. if you think slaves were mistreated by the confederacy you should look up the photographic evidence of the north pow camp in cook county illinois compared to the slave photos. i had 6 relatives die at that camp in 2 years time

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Wealthy Blacks in the Northerns states had black slaves. Slavery is alive and well today and perhaps practiced more now than at any time in history. Over one million people (mostly women and children) go "Missing"every year. The world is not-our-home, it is very close to hell and we need to see it for what it is. Complacency is our worst enemy. Believing we're now safe or the "Feds" are making things safe for us is not a good thing to buy into.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join