It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

giant alien catipillar bug

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
found this vid on youtube was posted 2 months ago... this thing is weird... but notice the low buzzing like a wind up toy and also notice how the legs that it uses to walk dont fully touch the floor which looks to me as if it's a well crafted toy on wheels... but check it out and lets hear some of your theories on it...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Pretty sure this has been posted here before.

Yep..here it is....www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
And......here also..... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It's a peekineseapede!

I tend to lean toward an artificial thing too..... I watched the different segments of the "'pede" and some of them seem to move perfectly the same each time. Also, is that a lampost? DANG! I hope not. That's a big critter, if so. The poster of that vid had another featuring weird creatures, some of which I am certain have been debunked. That doesn't mean this one is a fake also.

Okay, so having said that, here's where it would be appropriate for someone to pop on and tell us that this is a chilopada of some sort.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by b.monki

OH. Brother. Anyone notice what looks like a seam on the side facing us? It looks like it's a little animal wearing a weird fur suit. A puppy? I dunno, but that is no centipede. They made it out of faux fur from the fabric store. Look close. Seriously; is it just me, or is that fur?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It's a Puss caterpillar. I thought I'd seen this before...

en.wikipedia.org...

She was right to say don't touch it. It has terribly poisonous spines, that embed into your flesh.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
"Seriously; is it just me, or is that fur" im guessing youve only seen those green catipillars in the garden huh? you should see someof them, fur, spikes, spheres, crazy stuff on them.

and if you think its weird for an insect to have fur...never seen a hairy trantula before i guess?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
So this caterpillar is actually found in (at least parts of) Texas? I'd have a hard time running around barefoot outdoors, knowing something like that was inching around! And to think, I've encouraged my son to handle the little fuzzy caterpillars around here, to help him shake his fear of bugs!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I live in Texas, and we have those things around here. They arent big, only about an inch long. We call them asp's here, and we have always been told not to touch them as they are poisonous. I have seen them multiple times around plants and bushes, and they tend to just wander around. Just leave them alone in you find one, and im sure they will leave you alone too.

new topics

top topics

join