It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Fantasy Football League

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Sounds fun.
I'd consider joining in.
What are the prizes again?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
What are the prizes again?

A pat on the back. Which you'll have to give yourself.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'm in NOM if and when we get'er goin'.

And no, the T and C don't apply on ESPN. There's do though, but I don't know what they are.

Hope yer all ready to get your butt kicked.

Oh and smack talk is allowed here but it does have to be T and C compliant.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Any ideas for names for the two divisions? Need good ideas!!

I'm making the league.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Obnoxious Skeptics and Gullible Believers

Stephen Hawkins and John Lear (no offense intended)

Reptilians and Greys

BTS Flimsies and ATS Powerdogs

Bret Favre and Aaron Rodgers

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProTo Fire Fox
I guess ill join, but i know nothing about Yankee Football, to me its just rugby for woosies lol. Anyway ill go with it...

I am in the same boat as Fox in terms of not knowing anything about American football . However I would be willing to enter to make up the numbers if needed as a service to BTS .

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I would prefer people only play if they truly want to play. Its not a big deal that you don't know much about American football. I'm sure some of us could explain it to you so that you know how to play fantasy football, but if you don't really want to play, taking up a spot would sort of hurt the league.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

Obnoxious Skeptics and Gullible Believers

Stephen Hawkins and John Lear (no offense intended)

Reptilians and Greys

BTS Flimsies and ATS Powerdogs

Bret Favre and Aaron Rodgers

Aliens Vs Predators

mr commish, do we have a set-up of the roster yet?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The league is done. I will start sending out invites, but two things are needed: You will need to create an account at ESPN.com. When you have done that, please send me, through u2u, the email address you used to sign up at ESPN so that I can send you an invitation.

Again, please do not sign up unless you are completely committed to playing.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by beastamerica
mr commish, do we have a set-up of the roster yet?

Yes

1 QB (3)
2 RB (5)
3 WR (5)
1 TE (3)
1 K (2)
1 TEAM DEFENSE (2)
7 BENCH

(max amount of players at each position you can have)

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I am a Fantasy Football Junkie.

And i offer myself to ANYONE who wants some help with it, or tutoring. All i ask in return, is that we get this league going...

... and mabye you explain rubgy to me... but thats all...

Ive played ALOT of Fantasy Sports, and Fantasy Football is the best.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Here's a list of members confirmed to be joining and a list of members interested, but not confirmed:

CONFIRMED
NovusOrdoMundi (joined)
TKainZero
SantaClaus
Bunch
beastamerica (joined)
ProTo Fire Fox
GAOTU789
xpert11 (joined)

INTERESTED
Techsnow
black_fox

If any of this is incorrect, please let me know.

As I said before, the league is done. Please register a username at ESPN.com, or if you already have an ESPN.com username, and send me a u2u containing the email address you signed up at ESPN with. I will then send you an invitation to the league.

There are currently 12 team spots, with 9 of them available. If we need to add or remove teams, that can be done.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where we should hold the draft? Should it be on BTS? Should it be at the home page for our league? Through email? Through chat? Chat would probably be the quickest, but there's no guarantee everyone will be able to get on at the same time. And I'm not sure if we could get away with creating a separate thread on BTS dedicated to the draft.

EDIT: to add draft questions and update invited/joined

[edit on 7/23/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Fair enough . Providing your willing to accept a complete novice I am willing to give this a go .

reply to post by TKainZero

I'm not a huge rugby fan but I am happy to pass on my basic understanding of the game .

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Can I pick all of the monsters from those bad japanise monster movies? Mothra, Godzilla, Rhodan, etc?

if so

I win
YEA ME!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Fair enough . Providing your willing to accept a complete novice I am willing to give this a go .

Do you have at least a basic understanding of fantasy football, such as how it works, how you play etc.?

If not, let us know and we'll teach you the basics.

Fortunately for you, you don't have to know too much about the NFL and its players to play. ESPN, if I'm not mistaken, provides stat projections. So all you have to do is put the players with the best stat projections on your starting roster.

But it would help you alot if you had a basic understanding of the NFL and knew at least the top players at most, if not all the positions.

It shouldn't be too difficult though. With the stat projections as well as the draft rankings, all you really need to do is put in or draft the best players available and you should be fine.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Well if fantasy football is anything like my other experience with other fantasy sports then you select a team and your score depends on how your chosen players perform and the scoring system . The draft will be new to me but it is an idea that I like .
I have heard of Brett Farve and Tom Brady before . Other then Quarter Back I cant say that I am familiar with any of the other positions. This could prove to be quiet interesting .

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Yeah, thats basically how all fantasy sports go.

The draft is simple. We'll order the teams in the league 1-12 (or however many teams there will be), and when a team's turn comes up, they will pick a player from the entire NFL player list. Typically you want to go with the best available at the positions you need, which is every position at the start of the draft.

We'll keep doing that until all of the positions on every team is filled.

You'll have player rankings available to you, so no worries about not knowing many players.

The thing about fantasy sports is you don't really have to know the players or the sport that well to participate. With stat projections and player rankings, it makes it easy.

There are some things that give someone who knows, for example, the NFL and its players an advantage over someone not familiar with the NFL, such as maybe if Team A is playing Team B, and although Team A has a better record and better team, they can't seem to always beat Team B. So of course someone following the NFL more closely would know that and would avoid starting players from Team A given the chance they might not have a great game.

And there's other variables like weather, maybe a certain player does or does not play well in a certain kind of weather that they will be playing in that week. Obviously knowing the players and the NFL would help with that.

Other than that, its a pretty level playing field.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

for fantasy newcomers:
here's sample yahoo head-to-head projected scoring. it's basically a stats battle.
whoever gets the highest points based on stats (toucdown passes, passing yards, rushing TD, etc, etc) wins. every week you have different opponent. then theres playoffs. (mr NOM commish, correct me if i'm wrong)

if you have any questions just post it here.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by beastamerica]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beastamerica

Yeah thats right.

There's a league scoring system where you get a certain amount of points for touchdowns (6 points), passing yards (1 point for every 25 yards) etc., and some negative points for interceptions thrown (-2 points), fumbles lost (-2 points) etc. There's more categories for points. I'm sure you can look at them all in the league settings.

That point system is matched with each of your players' stats for that particular week in the NFL. The points are added up and compared to the team you are playing. The one with the most points gets a win. The other team, obviously, gets a loss. The next Sunday, you play another team in the league and do it all over again.

There will be 14 weeks in the regular season of our league, meaning you will play 14 games. Week 15, 16 and 17 of the NFL season will be our playoffs. Right now, the top 8 teams with the best records will make it to the playoffs. This may change though.

For those that don't know, Week 17 is the last week of the NFL regular season. Fantasy Football playoffs end when the regular season of the NFL ends because not everyone's players will make it to the NFL playoffs, meaning they wouldn't be playing any games, which means no points. That wouldn't really be fun.

[edit on 7/24/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well Im in! Norvus the email address was correct, so my team is already in...

......let me present to you the Sleepers from URanus of the John Lear Division!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join