It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Recurring Doomsday Dreams?!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This is the first thread I've started, so forgive me if I make any stupid mistakes. But I have had the same recurring dream the past couple nights and was just wondering if anybody else has been having similar dreams.

It starts off with me standing in a field in North Carolina, where I live, and seeing a huge mushroom cloud go up in the distance. I don't know how I knew in the dream, but I was sure that it was a bomb set off in Atlanta, Georgia.

I turn around and see another mushroom cloud in the distance, north of me this time. I knew that this one was set off in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I turn to the east, and see the same thing from what I knew was San Francisco, California...and then another mushroom cloud over Austin, Texas.

None of those cities have any kind of personal background to me, for I have only been to Philadelphia once, July 4th, 2001, and none of the others. Just wondering if somebody might be having weird doomsday-like dreams over the past couple nights?

Also, I had no clue what the date was in the dream, so I don't mean to sound like I believe it was a prophecy or anything of the sort. I just haven't had a recurring dream since I was about 8 or 9.

Edit to add: I don't really know where to put this thread either, so I apologize in advance if it is in the wrong topic.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Alexander_Supertramp]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
You didn't happen to read about Atlanta being nuked in another thread here at ATS today did you? I certainly hope you did because that is the second or third reference to such an event I've read here today. I would point you to the thread I'm referring to but I don't remember which one it was. Yikes, I hope there isn't any truth to this because I live only 2 hours north east of Atlanta and I'd be toast.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Mine were different. Two nights ago, the strangest ever. Camping somewhere in Denver, in my dream, waking up--in the dream--and seeing triangular craft everywhere. They would soar back and forth from Rockies to edge of the city, weird.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker Mom
You didn't happen to read about Atlanta being nuked in another thread here at ATS today did you? I certainly hope you did because that is the second or third reference to such an event I've read here today. I would point you to the thread I'm referring to but I don't remember which one it was. Yikes, I hope there isn't any truth to this because I live only 2 hours north east of Atlanta and I'd be toast.

No, I hadn't read anything today when I posted the OP. I have, however read the thread by the FBI worker from Atlanta in which someone mentioned it being nuked. I read that after I posted since you said you had read that somewhere else.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
Mine were different. Two nights ago, the strangest ever. Camping somewhere in Denver, in my dream, waking up--in the dream--and seeing triangular craft everywhere. They would soar back and forth from Rockies to edge of the city, weird.

Was this a dream you had only one time or more than once? I was hoping to get some responses from people who may have been experiences abnormally weird, preferably repeating, dreams lately...but who knows I could just be having a rough mental week and I'm trying to cope with my inner "explosions"

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I've had dreams about a city being nuked recently, although I don't know the city as it was a dream. Then had another with bright flashes and mushroom clouds in the distance and running away from the city.

Most likely it is just the result of your brain getting a hold of SciFi posts, TV shows, radio, or anything regarding fear. Then it just holds the ideas around in the brain that results in a doomsday dream.

I've had around 5 doomsday dreams in a row before, the world is still here.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by ragnarak]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ragnarak

I don't believe the world is ending because of the likes of my dreams, I just found it strange because those cities in particular don't mean anything to me, and these are my first apocalyptic dreams as far as I can remember.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

in may i had a great series of dreams that took place in the year 2000 around new years day just after the millenium, i the dreams was a cult who basicly went insane and started killing each other and a psychotic girl forcing me to drive her home over and over again, it all took place in a desert town and surrounding area. the dates in whihc the dreams occured were always made extreamly clear, though in the past few weeks i have returned to my dream free self

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Is there anything specifically important that ties the 4 cities together? (Atl, Philly, San Fran, and Austin)

Although I am about 99.99% sure that my dreams are nothing more than some interpersonal message I need to interpret metaphorically to better my character, they have felt more real than any dreams I've had before. I figured maybe if I brought it up here on ATS I might get something out of it. Anything would be helpful.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
You could be dreaming of a location that looks like a certain place so you assume its familar surroundings. I know Iran are testing long range missles so you could be seeing a Middle East location if its a prophecy if it looks like the same area. Isreal or Iran maybe?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
You could be dreaming of a location that looks like a certain place so you assume its familar surroundings. I know Iran are testing long range missles so you could be seeing a Middle East location if its a prophecy if it looks like the same area. Isreal or Iran maybe?

I've never seen much of Iran other than what's showed on the news, and it doesn't look like what I've seen from there. Could be Isreal though, as my friend recently went there and showed me pictures that do indeed resemble the places in my dream.

In the dream, though, every time I see the mushroom cloud I specifically think to myself "Atlanta just blew up!", etc.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I have about 5 reacurring dreams about a nuclear explosion, though they where all a little different. All of them I am inside my home, and all of them the explosion seem to be in the same place in the distance.

One; I believe the first, I seen it outside then the aftershock or whatever actually blew away the house along with me in it. EXTREMELY realistic and was really quite scary. Like if you could die in your dreams then I would of then.

Another I was just looking out the window and seen maybe 2 different mushroom clouds in the distance but nothing happened after that really.
I have had maybe another one like this one though. The cloud is always out the same window and in the same place really.

I decieded to look where it would be at so I found out the explosion was north of me. Well I live in rural Kentucky and about 100miles away or less is Fort Knox.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I remember reading a report some time ago that stated Bin Landens next plan was to coordinate mulitple bombs in multiple US cities, did you read this report? Perhaps it has influenced you.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ClinTrojan

Those seem to be very similar to mine, thank you for sharing. I never die in mine and nothing really happens after I see the explosions, I just feel utter fear and they are the most realistic feeling dreams I've ever had.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
It's closing in on 5:00 am EST now and I just awoke from this dream again. I can recall more details this time.

I am not in a field as I had thought before, I was in a graveyard; only there were no tombs, just lumps in the ground like freshly dug graves that are too shallow. I wonder what could have caused so many people to die, and that's when I look up and see a large mushroom cloud.

Once again, the cities are the same...but I don't see any details of them, I just 'know' the location as I see the clouds. Same order, too. After I see the four mushroom clouds (upon which seeing each one I felt not only terror but a deep sadness), I see a bird flying through the air from one mushroom cloud towards another.

I remember thinking to myself that this bird looked like an eagle of some sort, but I am not sure. Then I wake up.

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Alexander_Supertramp]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

Hi There. Dream Expert Lauri Loewenberg here. You're getting this dream again and again because your inner mind is nagging you about an issue going on in your life right now. Typically, end-of-the-world dreams suggest that your personal world, as you now know it, is coming to an end. Any big shifts or changes happening in your life right now? Or are you currently working on wiping out a massive part of your life?

The graveyard setting means you are in a place in your life where you are laying certain things to rest. Have you buried any grudges or ended any relationships or even behaviors lately?

The four cities represent four specific things. What four things are changing or ending right now?

The eagle is there to show you that this purging you seem to be doing will free you in some way, perhaps even enable you to rise above where you are now in life.

When big changes happen in our life we'll often dream of death in destruction as it is the way we mourn what we are letting go of or moving on from.

Once your change or shift has come to completion or once you adjust, the dreams will stop.

Let me know if this helps!

Sweet dreams.

Lauri Loewenberg
www.thedreamzone.com

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Just thought that I'd mention I had this dream again, only during the day when I took a nap this time. This makes 6 days in a row of having this same dream, and it feels like it's getting more realistic every time.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Oh crap. I had a doomsday dream the other night about a tornado, then last night I had one about a nuclear holocaust. I rarely get these kind of dreams but with two in a row, I decided to google it. I stumbled upon this thread and now I'm really freak out to hear others have been having this. I'm not superstitious or religious or anything like that but this is really freaky.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have had been getting migraines since 2005, one every few months, lately more frequent. They started behind my eye, going vertical behind my skull. It hurts. So now worse and more frequent, I will fall asleep and wake up with them.

Anyway, my dream last night was disaster movie for sure. Everyone screamed, but me, I was thinking how death would not get me. A train encounters an outside force acting upon it, some armageddon-force or something or other--and the train, on tracks above a city street--lifts, turns, and goes crashing to...the street? the tracks? I don't know. I think it was going to be the tracks...we were going to live. (I had the advantage of seeing everything from a better vantage-point despite being inside the train with everyone else.) Everyone was screaming like death was coming. And I was silent. Makes me wonder....

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Strange... I've had the same two dreams several times since the age of eight (I"m now 28). One, the sky is dark, there is what appears to be a second moon, blood red. I'm filled with terror and the dream ends. Second, dark sky again, with lightning. A feeling tells me to go outside. I look to the sky and there is "god, jesus, whatever" fighthing a dragon (I do not believe in god). This "god" looks to me and uses his mind to tell me I am some "chosen one". I am to fight this dragon. Then it ends...

You should really think about what your dream means to you. Your mind is trying to tell you something important, listen....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join