It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VANTAGE POINT...Would YOU help or would you tuck that information away for President Bush?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I just watched the movie Vantage Point...and having been a member of ATS for awhile now and getting ideas on the thoughts and personalities of members I thought..hmmmm..I wonder what the ATS community would do if:

Imagine your in a city where President Bush is giving a speech. People all over the place taking pictures and video, secret service is there, police out in numbers, and the President making his way to the stage. You are filming the entire event because its your first and maybe only chance to ever be this close to the President. News crews running around and there you are trying to take it all in.

As President Bush gets on stage you quick turn to see the crowd cheer or boo, and as you do a gun shot rings out...and in your viewer you catch the shooters position and see the shot being taken. People scatter and run, and you follow..you beat feet and get back to your car as chaos ensues. None of the agents, police or other people notice you leave with your video camera, and you make it home. you download the video and low and behold you DO have the position of the shooter on camera. You may even be able to make out other characteristics of who was behind the assasination....so..I ask you...as President Bush lies dead and YOU were a witness to it...what would you do?

- Call the FBI or Secret Service and turn it over in hopes to find the shooter

- Download it, burn it to a disk and never speak of it again unless you can use it to your advantage

- Download it, realize your in over your head...delete it all and never speak of it to anyone and pretend you were just another citizen at the rally and didn't see anything

- None of the above...you have another idea in mind

I know since Bush took office he has split people down the middle...so I am curious what people would do if given the key to unlock such a door?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I have a feeling that some people are going to be too scared to answer this question.
I'm kind of joking, yet at the same time, I think I'm too paranoid to touch it. I guess that kind of gives what I would do away, though. Am I just being too paranoid?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
i'll bite!
hypothetically if this situation were to occur, if the shooter appeared to be an american, then i probably wouldn't do much. after all, it is w/in our rights as citizens to prevent what 'dubbya' is doing; HOWEVER, i personally could never kill anyone unless to protect my family from direct harm, but i don't see how that person would be violating anything if we are looking at this strictly under the documents handed down to us by our founding fathers.

now, all that being said, let's all recognize that i will never be in such a situation as i am perfectly fine keeping a safe distance from me and ol' 'dubbya'
he can go ahead and run his little gov't sponsored war games so long as they stay out of my life. i am more of a peaceful civil disobedience type person who will have no problem standing my ground should they try to tell me what to do.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Just to see if the footage changed over the years... I'd have one backed up somewhere. I would never speak of it again to anyone but put it somewhere really safe with a note and my story for someone to find if anything happened to me. I'd give it to the police, but I think now matter how much trouble it'd get me into I think I would put a copy of it on the internet. On ATS, YouTube, make a torrent of it... anywhere. Just as long as the truth got out.

Frankly though I don't ever see myself in this type of situation. LOL.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
My thoughts exactly...make a copy and see how DIFFERENT the media or government changes the events. I don't know if they would, depending on the situation, but it would be a good way to see how they steer the public from the truth, as they do now!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Heya, RC-

I saw the movie also; it kept repeating almost to the point of annoyance!
It kept repeating almost to the point of annoyance! It kept repeating- - -

Good question, tho- what if it were ME who filmed it? I think you know my answer-as much as I think he's a war criminal, it would still be my duty to persue the shooter that very second!

I'd be haulin' butt towards the location (much like the witnesses in Dealey Plaza running up the grassy knoll).

I know, I know, I would be giving up my anonymity, my exclusive rights to my film, and possibly my reputation, if the events were revealed to be different, later; but as an American Marine, I'm sworn to uphold the Constitution, including those who've shredded it!

As the swarm closed in on the shooter, I'd like to think I will be one of the first to reach that rat bas&%#rd!!!

Hope I could hold on to my camera during all this, but I'd rather help solve the crime, than hoard the film!

top topics

join