It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimbabwe sanctions vetoed at UN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Zimbabwe is a puppet for China/Russia troops for WWIII

news.bbc.co.uk

Britain and the US have condemned Russia and China for vetoing a draft UN Security Council resolution to impose sanctions on Zimbabwe\\\'s leaders.

UK Foreign Secretary David Miliband said their veto was incomprehensible, especially as Russia had earlier suggested it backed tougher action.

The measures had included an arms embargo and a travel ban for Robert Mugabe and 13 of his key allies.

Zimbabwe\\\'s UN ambassador said the UK and US had come up with flimsy reasons.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit:

* Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be moved, closed or deleted. Obviously, some editorial latitude will be allowed if the original headline is too long (gets truncated) or too obscure.

Please Review This Link

[edit on 14-7-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The absolute reality of this entire situation is that Mugabe is the puppet backed by China and Russia. Just like the Libyan oil buyout by Russia, Zimbabwe gives Russia and China a foothold amongst the oilfields of Africa. Both of these world powers(China and Russia) know oil drives tanks and moves civilizations, and the person whom is in control of oil makes the rules. We can see wold powers rushing to take control of these assets including the US(Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq). Mugabe will be the launching point for the conquering of the African continent's oil resources. Lets be honest here and just admit that European efforts to oust Mugabe are because they know this very fact. The rejection of sanctions in the G8 forum is China and Russia admitting their global aims, and being so painfully open about it that WWIII must be coming soon.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well, I don't think this is the onset of WW3. Heck, according to ATS, seems like anything out there means, "WW3 is coming!!!!!!!!".

But, I will have to agree that China and Russia are looking at the African countries as a place to get their resources. I usually bring this up when people here talk about the US and Empire building, but for some funny reason, it gets ignored.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I will say this....they sure are making a big deal about Zimbabwe so you have to ask yourself why? What significance does this little country in Africa have. Are the powers trying to draw the lines on where to have the 3rd WW? Is Africa going to be the location? Interesting but why all the attention to Zimbabwe if there was no significance.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Jerico65 said it well it is an area where they are looking at oil interests. Zimbabwe is not so rich in oil. But if you place 50000 troops there and raid the areas around which are...tada..... instant all your oil are belong to us.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This just show you how little the UN cares for the rights of the little people. The UN is all about how much can be skimed off the top to lined thier pokets. It doesn't matter how many die.

The UN out of the USA, The USA out of the UN.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
China and Russia made the right decision based on whats best for the African people.

The US and Britain are always too quick to pull out the sanction card.
Who suffers when sanctions are posed on countries?
It's not the governments, anything they're missing they just take from the people... hence, ONLY THE PEOPLE GET PUNISHED BY SANCTIONS.

And did they deserve it? What did they do? It's their government who's corrupt, not the people, the people want the madness to end... and along comes the US and Britain deciding, "Hey, lets impose sanctions." IE, Lets punish the heck out of those civilians.

Good job China and Russia, you made the right choice... the last thing the Zimbabwe people need right now is another reason they can't eat, or earn money.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
And did they deserve it? What did they do? It's their government who's corrupt, not the people, the people want the madness to end... and along comes the US and Britain deciding, "Hey, lets impose sanctions." IE, Lets punish the heck out of those civilians.

Good job China and Russia, you made the right choice... the last thing the Zimbabwe people need right now is another reason they can't eat, or earn money.

You mean the Squillion dollors for a loaf of bread? Do you have a suggestion on how to save the people from Mugabe?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Someone here posted that China and Russia need to be hailed as saviors of Zimbabwe...China and Russia are the ones giving Mugabe the weapons to stay in power so he can squash his own people and others. I research these things thoroughly and have been watching the Zimbabwe thing since before it became cool to talk about it or the country had any recent notice at all. The US and UN only cares because they are serving their own interests not the people of Zimbabwe. They want to support their current control of the oil region. No China and Russia are there because they want the oil and want to send the entire region into a genocidal war spurred by Mugabe and all the foreign weapon and support technology that can be sent to his country.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
While normally I don't support sanctions, I think that an arms embargo and a travel restriction on the top guys would have been a good course of action. It's really a shame that Russia and China would continue to support Mugabe.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well they have every right to veto....dont agree with their decision....but again they have every right to...

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Things will not change in Zimbabwe until the people who actually live in the country decide to change it...

The outside world can condemn, sanction, do whatever the heck they want, but nothing much will change until the people of Zimbabwe decide to do for themselves and damn the cost.

When that finally happens, lots and lots of innocents are going to die, there's damn all we can do about that, short of invading, but then again, lots and lots of people, innocent and otherwise will die then, too. So...Hobsons Choice, folks. Tears, no matter what.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well of course Britain is mad ,Zimbabwe was their bread basket now its not.
America votes with The British Empire as the oligarchs that run the British Empire Run America as well, in effect America is part of the British Empire.

The UN functions well considered the way it is set up

This reminds me of when the US and Britain veto all un sanctions against Israel

I would love to see a world Government that is set up, by the people and for the people . But that is not what the coming world govt is about .

Both Russia and China know What is coming for them, they both know the empire is going to strike them both down or attempt to do it . The NWO agenda
calls for a one world govt both of these and I assume many other countries will resist the coming tyranny.

Seems to me the failure of world cooperation came when America defaulted on the Breton woods treaty , when the US could no longer back it's money with gold.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Things will not change in Zimbabwe until the people who actually live in the country decide to change it...

The outside world can condemn, sanction, do whatever the heck they want, but nothing much will change until the people of Zimbabwe decide to do for themselves and damn the cost.

When that finally happens, lots and lots of innocents are going to die, there's damn all we can do about that, short of invading, but then again, lots and lots of people, innocent and otherwise will die then, too. So...Hobsons Choice, folks. Tears, no matter what.

Thats the situation so many countries, perhaps at some point our own, are in. I just read a thread here about the G-8s meeting about poverty, while women in Haiti and others made mud cakes filled with shortening for their children. There was a real hardnosed response. i didn't post, but did a search on the economics. I thought instantly the burden being placed on families was the blood that would spill to attempt to reform the country, and for what in the end? I looked at my own children and wondered how I would feel if to change my country they would die? Well I know that this is beyond what humans should go through. And in the end, if an ideal situation emerged from the blood of innocent children, the CIA would move in and establish a puppet regime to repress them yet again.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

When a situation has reached the point that only blood will be the catalyst for change, such as Zimbabwe and Haiti, you have two choices; shed the blood and work for the change you are after, or you can keep the same situation and shed the blood anyway, in all likelihood.

It's easy for me to say this, sitting as I am in a living room thousands of miles from these situations. I can only imagine, and that poorly, the fear and terror that such a horrible choice would make me feel. Your children at risk, no matter what you do.

top topics

join