It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Probably Don't Communicate Via Primitive Radio Waves So Why Is SETI Looking For Them?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Actually , SET has an "all-e, all-e, in come free day" where all the ghosts, faeries, plasma dudes, 4th-10th dimensional beings, future humans, leprechauns and flying spaghetti monsters can make themselves known.

It's held the day after 'Roswell'.

So far, no one has accepted the invitation.

They spend the other 364 days looking out in space just to keep from being bored. Plus, telescopes and CCD cameras, way fun. ;D

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Darn it.

Duplicates

Dopplegangers.

Why is this happening?

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   

if there are ETs visting earth they certainly dont want to contact us. Otherwise they could have sent a signal to seti. So why not look for some who do want to contact us?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101

if there are ETs visting earth they certainly dont want to contact us. Otherwise they could have sent a signal to seti. So why not look for some who do want to contact us?

The Grays do want to contact us.
The governments of Earth have asked them not to.
We are just not ready yet.
However, ready or not.......they WILL contact us December 21, 2012.
Just hang there. It's not far away.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
if i ever see a grey i will be shooting on sight, just like this guy. I want the corpse stuffed & mounted in my living room.

starts at 1:25 www.youtube.com...

[edit on 18-7-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
At Whitley Strieber's website - unknowncountry.com - if you type Fermi (as in the Fermi paradox) into the Search box, you will get a number of interesting speculations about a range of techniques that could be useful in searching for ET:

www.unknowncountry.com...

Their comments do not yet rule out the continued use of radio wave monitoring.

The search option is free, but much other info on that site is for paid subscribers, of which I am not one.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The brilliant success of Seth Shostak and the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

Tell us, Corsair: where, what?

The SETI window is closing for Earth civilization; we're going silent (by design?).

The main thing Sethniks and previous taught us, is that there are no stupid nearby civilizations- or that there are none the gov't will let US know about (maybe the aliens are REALLY dumb with a DUMB religion)...

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join