It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA, Mafia, Drugs, and Prohibition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
My theory on why drugs are illegal.

When watching the history channel something came to me. A show was on about the beginnings of the mafia in the US. How they came over from Sicily, and set up shops in NY, Philly, Chicago etc. Then they gained power and got into politics. This is in the 1900's-1920's.

Getting to the point, I bet that many of the politicians that backed proabition were in the pocket of the mob. Reason being, when it became illegal, the mob was the only ones that could smuggel the booze into the country, thus making huge profits.

Fast forward, 1950's and 1960's, CIA is rummored to have connections with the mob. While Nixon declares the war on drugs i.e. proabition. Then CIA and Mob starts running drugs, while the government cracks down on any competition the CIA might have (drug running).

So basicially the war on drugs is actually the war on illegal drug competition. What do you think?

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by Wgatenson]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Lots of politicians during the prohibition did take bribes, that seems to be a fact. Booze (and other illicit drugs) were naturally a great underground income both for the mafia and the paid off authorities. As to how much that applies to our modern society, that is still to be seen in lack of actual evidence...

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
seems right to me. but what do i know

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
www.wealth4freedom.com...

Read this, It kinda goes with what your saying. I have tons of info on the subject.

Alot is already on this board.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
well ...... yup yer right
one theory that really isnt theory

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
My Great Grandpa was one of the bootleggers during prohibition. He was caught several times, but was always released. The reason: the state had to pay for his seven children (at the time).

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
www.wealth4freedom.com...

Read this, It kinda goes with what your saying. I have tons of info on the subject.

Alot is already on this board.

awsome link!

new topics

top topics

join