It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens When You Don't Throw Anything Away For Six Months

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

What Happens When You Don't Throw Anything Away For Six Months

www.npr.org

Imagine what it would be like to stockpile your garbage for an entire year. Dave Chameides is doing just that to see how he affects the environment through consumption. Six months into the project, Madeleine Brand visits him at his home to check in on the state of his trash and ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
latimesblogs.latimes.com
www.365daysoftrash.blogspot.com
abclocal.go.com

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This was a interesting find today. Wow when I think about how much trash I have in 6 months to a year, and if I were to keep it that long... I don't think I could do it.

This man and his experiment has brought up his awareness extremely. There is a interview to listen to on this link and they have posted video footage as well.

www.npr.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Why 6 months?

If I don't throw away the trash 2-3 times a week its horrible.

C'mon now he could've avoid this waste of time with some common sense, oh well everyone wants 15 mins of fame I suppose.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Before I clicked on the link, I thought..OH GROSS!!!
His house must be filled and stink to high heaven!
Actually, I'm quite impressed.
What a great idea.
I hope it inspires others to be more conservative .
( not to store it all in your basement though)

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the interest and the post. The point is simply to learn more about my own waste footprint (and by waste i absolutely mean consumption as well) and get others to consider theirs at the same time. I'm cool with people thinking it's a waste of time or that I'm nuts and want my 15 mins (by the way, I had that through my first job long before this and didn't like it any better than I do now), but before you dismiss it, give it a read and see if there is anything that relates.

Consume Less, Conserve More!!!!

Dave

(removed personal links)

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I had a dispute with my garbage man and my trash ended up piled outside for six weeks. My neighbors called the police. The county came and got everything. Including my trash cans.

I saw how much my family consumed in that short period. I couldn’t imagine a year.

new topics

top topics

join