It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof That The Cydonia Face On Mars Is Artifical

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hey folks,

First, if this thread is in the wrong place, please move it, as yes I'm a n00b and this is my first time starting a thread. Thanks.

Second, i had a search for this topic but couldn't find any existing threads, but if there is then please feel free to take this thread down.

So, i have been reading ATS for about 5 years, made a few posts, this is my first thread, we have all most likely seen the Cydonia Face on Mars, and i found this...

www.metaresearch.org...

Hopefully the URL above has linked properly.

Take a read, it's quite interesting stuff.

So let's discuss it!

Peace.

Mod Edit: Fixed ALL CAPS title

[edit on 7/12/08 by FredT]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Some of that is a bit over my head, or at least tough going. They seem to conclude that they have disproved a 'natural' origin for the face.

I'm willing to go along with it as the parts I understand seem to make sense, but I'm eager to hear what people who know more about it and understand it better will have to say.

Thanks for posting it!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I'm wondering why they're not using the more recent, high(er) res images, that just don't seem to show anything (at least if they have been unretouched they don't...) I would be substantially more impressed if those were the images they had used.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Because this was written in 2000.

But the fact remains that people point to this article as proof of artificiality of the face when the new high resolution photos show that the 'a priori' hypothesis (according to the article) that it would look less a face if it was a natural feature is true.

And this was posted on some thread about other Martian feature, but I don't remember which.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Here is the real "face on mars" I present to you:

The real "face" on mars. Looks like a....gasp...geological formation to me. *shrug* Oh well...

[edit on 7/13/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

Mod Note: Forum Image Linking Policy – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

The more recent images.

From Mars Express (rotated to look more as a face).

From HiRISE.

The above was resized from this 2.048 x 1.612 image. The original 26267 x 20676 (358.7 MB) version is available as a JPEG2000 file here.

PS: the thread that I was talking about on my first post is this one, and it had the same subject, my memory failed on that point.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
well im not saying yes this article is true or that it isn't i do believe there is/was some form of life on mars personally.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neomax
well im not saying yes this article is true or that it isn't i do believe there is/was some form of life on mars personally.

I agree. If one reads the Terra Papers (link in my sig), one learns that the civilization on Mars was wiped out, even to the point of slagging most of the buildings and structures. I wonder if the "natural features" we see in the new pics could be slagged structures...

top topics

join