It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing yourself in your dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I never see myself in my dreams. It's always from the P.O.V. of seeing my dreams. I'm there observing things. I'm doing things in my dreams but it's always from my P.O.V.

Last night I saw myself but it wasn't me from this universe.

I was working on this project that had to do with whales. I remember working on the project and the team I was working with.

At the end of the dream I got a glimpse of myself.

I had on a gray sweater, a white shirt and a red bow tie. I think I wore glasses, I had dreads and I was heavier than I am in this universe but I could tell it was me.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have had dreams in which it was from my POV and dreams where it's 3rd party and I can see myself. I'm not sure if I've ever had dreams where I knew it was me but it didn't look like me, but I have had dreams where someone else I knew was in them and I KNEW who they were, but they looked NOTHING like they do in real life.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I had dreams where it's obviously my POV but I "know" that I don't look like the way I do IRL. In it I'm either someone of "importance."

I find those dreams interesting. Makes me wonder if it's not a subconscious thing

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It was very vivid and I can remember waking up and saying, that was me.

I've had several dreams that I will never forget.

In one, I was being chased by Roman Soldiers. This is the only dream about the past that I can remember. I was carrying something religious and I buried it in the woods. I came out of the woods and they were standing there and I could feel myself being stabbed and killed.

The other one, I was on a highway and there were tents on this bridge. We were in a state of martial law and I saw military people and vehicles. I got pushed into one of the tents and I remember talking to the people about escaping and fighting what was going on.

I also had a dream where I was coming out of the library and people were looking to the sky because a war was taking place. Airplanes were trying to attack UFO's and the UFO's would disappear and the planes would crash into each other. People were screaming as pieces of the plane were falling to the ground. I went to the parking lot of the library and a UFO landed in front of me. It opened up and took me inside and that's all I can remeber.

These dreams were vivid.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by polomontana]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
In my dreams the POV is very pliable, when i'm lucid dreaming i can flick POV at will, however when i do it i'm not always as i am in reality, a lot of dreams i'm me but from younger days.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I've seen myself a couple of times in my dreams. It usually happens when I look at a mirror, in my dreams. Everything is always the same, except for my eyes. And when I see myself it's as if myself doesen't want me to see myself. I wonder who I'm lookin' at when I see myself in my dreams? Could it be me from another dimension

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordChase
I've seen myself a couple of times in my dreams. It usually happens when I look at a mirror, in my dreams. Everything is always the same, except for my eyes. And when I see myself it's as if myself doesen't want me to see myself. I wonder who I'm lookin' at when I see myself in my dreams? Could it be me from another dimension

I also think parallel universes exists.

I think these local realities are connected by what I call a hyperstring. In this hyperspace all possibilities exists and in these local realities one possibility occurs.

We are connected to these other realities but local observers are blinded to these realities because of decoherence.

These are some good books on these subjects:

Parallel Worlds - Dr. Michio Kaku
The Frabric of Reality - David Deutsch
Quantum Mind - Arnold Mindell

I think this could have been a version of me in a parallel reality. We would be connected in hyperspace but seperate in our local universes.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by quaple_pouge
I have had dreams where someone else I knew was in them and I KNEW who they were, but they looked NOTHING like they do in real life.

I get that quite a bit, when I try to explain to my fiancé about it he always asks how I knew it was them if it didn't look like them. I don't know how I know it's them, it just "feels" like them in the dream. I've also had dreams where there is someone that looks like someone I know but I know it isn't them, they "feel" wrong and out of place with the dream, like an invader of sorts, if that makes sense?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
My only POV dreams are normally when I can "feel" my body tense up and an odd sensation goes through my dream body, and I will summon some type of power, the usual are fire, and flight, although they normally go into POV when I rise to the occasion, and I can reason within the dream.Most of the time however I dream in a third person kind of view, like a camera is always around my dream body, although I can't control the camera, and I see me how I would in any mirror in the real world no differances in any manner.

I do have a question, and I don't mean to hijack the thread, if I have disregard this message, but has anyone just dreamt of images flipping or rotating in your sleep? One to about five pictures, most made no sense, like an abstract, they were just rotating and fading in an out, this went on for 2 total hours of sleep [fell asleep at 1:00am, woke up at 3:00am], I had had no sleep before then for 20+ hours, then I woke up full of energy. is this normal?

Again if it seems like hijacking please disregard the last paragraph.

[edit on 13/7/08 by Pursuetoknow]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix_zephyr
I've also had dreams where there is someone that looks like someone I know but I know it isn't them, they "feel" wrong and out of place with the dream, like an invader of sorts, if that makes sense?

I have never experienced this, but I do understand what you are talking about.

top topics

join