It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GTA IV: The GREAT Let Down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Been playing GTA.

First let me say, amazing graphics, and I like the physics.

Here begins the bitching:

Why would I want my GTA to have realism? I enjoyed it being UNrealistic and CRAZY!

I can't move up in the gang world, I don't get my own gang.

I can't become a made man.

I can't buy mansions and all that good crap from past GTA games.

ARE all the missions the SAME?!

The steering on the game is whack, just wtf rly, if I want this kind of realism I'll go play some sort of damn nascar game. TURN LEFT!!! TURN LEFT AGAIN!

The Cop/Wanted Range isn't too bad but its a pain in the butt I suppose.

DATING? WTF?! Internet dating site? WHAIOWHAI?

The first mission I drove Roman to his house? Then my next one is to take some beeotch bowling??? JUST WTF!

If I want to play a dating sim I'll go dl one of those damn hentai tentacle rape dating games!!!

I had figured this game wouldve built upon San Adreas. WRONG.

It's like they took out half the damn game, no gym? Bicycles? GETTING FAT?

ONE CITY?
A smaller city at that.
no forest. no desert.

RPG system? NOPE!

I feel like I'm playing a beta and awaiting the rest of the game to be implemented.

GTA IV was a let down, now some of you might be in denial, or just insane rockstar fanbois in denial but the truth as been spoken.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Apparently I can become a made man? As Allisone said in chat.

I guess I've just not gotten that far, however one more of my moans be that:

No custom music tracks? BAH!!!

Suppose thats what the xbox dashboard is fer?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I will say the driving physics are absolutely ludicrous. I took a right turn and ended up going left.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I've gotten use to the driving although I'm not nearly as good as a driver as I was on previous GTA games.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
i havent even finished san andreas, and i spent a night at my friends house and almost beat GTA 4, far to easy, and you cant abuse certain game physics like the vid below

some fun stuff, that game devolved, thats all i have to say

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by outrider

aw man I miss doin' crazy crap like that, might have to fire up SA on the PC again.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
i still havent beaten SA yet, that goddamn plane mission where you have to turn around on it sucks bad

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Question Fate

THATS WHAT IM STUCK ON, i cant even get my pilots licence, so hard, hating it

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate
i still havent beaten SA yet, that goddamn plane mission where you have to turn around on it sucks bad

Do that plane missions, once you master that the entire game after that point is very easy, and yeah Vice City was the Hardest GTA what with their gimped overly sensitive gun aiming.

Also I tend to compare GTA4 to GTA3. This is a sequel to 3 not SA. Hopefully they'll start expanding and bringing back some of the old systems, and I hope they get rid of the dating and phone buddy system it was sooo annoying. They gottta get rid of Lazlow too, he's not nearly as funny as he once was. His best stuff was in San Andreas. I was very disappointed that they didn't get Darius Fontain on the show again(unless I missed it). Him and Lazlow going at it was some of the best stuff.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
its not the pilots licence missions, those were easy. im talkin about the one where you have to intercept the assassins plane in midair. you start out flying towards their plane but you dont even see it. and then at some point youre supposed to turn around and land/hit it.. its all very frustrating so I just stopped playing it.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I beat SA three times, loved it every time.
I like the realistic approach of IV, and you gotta understand that they pretty much restarted from scratch to make a new series, the next ones will have more stuff to do and be better, so plz don't give up on them just yet, you gotta have faith.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well it's certainly no San Andreas. I always enjoyed flying around the most part, so the lack of air vehicles is my main gripe. Also, I thought SA was funnier.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

its not the pilots licence missions, those were easy. im talkin about the one where you have to intercept the assassins plane in midair. you start out flying towards their plane but you dont even see it. and then at some point youre supposed to turn around and land/hit it.. its all very frustrating so I just stopped playing it.

That mission isn't that hard, you just need to get lucky once. You basically just fly out there and use your tail rudder to turn without banking. Eventually you'll be able to time it just right so as you come around you should slot right up behind and just under the circle. Now Catching it before getting to SA is the final (annoying part) but if you got the setup correctly it shouldn't take you more than a couple of tries using that technique.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
they should have just remade vice city or san andreas with better graphics, nothing more nothing less.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I had the same problem when I was playing that mission, I finally beat it. You will be really glad that it enforces this training because it will help you navigate the game alot easier. The problem is after you beat the plane missions you have to enter a helicopter training and mission and it is annoying. Be careful not to enter the ped riot cheat until after you beat the game because it will prevent you from playing any missions in the future.

If you have it for pc I can beat it for you and send it back to you and you can play the rest of the game.

I havent played GTA 4 yet? Seen some of the previews and i dont understand the whole dateing scene either. The cool thing i thought is you can toggle the computer in the police car i guess for vigilante missions.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

that one is not that difficult. Basically what you do is fly out towards the yellow icon and it will take a minute or two. Now focus on your radar the second you see the yellow avatar enter radar range (it moves towards you quickly) immediatly turn around before it even reaches you. That way because it takes so much time for you to turn around by the time you finally do it will be just catching up to you and pass you by a little bit. Stay on its tail try to keep the plane level. You might be able to gain some altitude by diping the plain down a bit. After that shoot the dudes on board and then fly the plane to vice city and take out a building full of dudes and then you are off. if you use cheat codes should be easy.

top topics

join