It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Explanation for Morgellons, the Disease that Makes Wires Grow Out of Your Skin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Swingarm

one of my old patients had it and no matter what med or antibiotic or placebo he was given, he continued to have dental work done to remove the bugs and eye wash treatments to remove the bugs but he still had bugs all over him

so he states, in his ears on his forearms

he was also not all there, so yeah, total psychosis

i dont buy into them being a physicality

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Here's an interesting report: www.dldewey.com...

A disease in which individuals have the growth of fibers from their skin that burn at 1,700 degrees F and do not melt. (20)(* see below) A private study to determine the chemical and biological composition of these fibers has shown that the fibers' outer casing is made up of high density polyethylene fiber (HDPE). The fiber material is used commonly in the manufacture of fiber optics. There is no history of the individual in that industry or coming into contact with this material. It was further determined that this material is used throughout the bio nanotechnology world as a compound to encapsulate a viral protein envelope, which is composed of a viron (1/150th times smaller than a virus) with DNA, RNA, RNAi (mutated RNA) or RNAsi linear or ring plasmids for specific functions. (21, 22) Toxicological pathology identification of tissue biopsies from an individual diagnosed with Morgellons revealed the presence of continual silica or glass tubules with the presence of silicone.

Delusional, indeed. Heh.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Despite common belief, it is extremely easy to determine if fibres are truly growing out of someone's skin. You remove the existing fibers and put a cast over the area and wait, or you put the person under observation. That this has apparently never been done astounds me!
A simple shaving and a couple of days wait would be enough.

Surely one brave victim whome the experts consider to be a "prime" candidate for the real thing, would come forward and eagerly volunteer for the position. If they don't know by now, they don't want to know.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
here is an interesting link i found recently concerning prince charlie's stance against GM crops and their dangers.. i also created a post with this information but it did not get much traffic and only one reply so i am glad to see something happening on this thread.

and for those of you whom still think this is a figment of the victims imagination have just one thing to say to you.. you are dillusional.. sorry but i can't see what you can.

Prince 'must prove anti-GM claim'

The environment minister has challenged Prince Charles to prove his claim that GM crops could cause a global environmental disaster.

He said huge multi-national corporations involved in developing GM foods were conducting a "gigantic experiment with nature and the whole of humanity which has gone seriously wrong".

source

Agrobacterium & Morgellons Disease, A GM Connection?

this is from a crowd calling them self's the Center for Research on Globalization..

Article written by Dr. Mae-Wan Ho and Prof. Joe Cummins

Global Research, August 20, 2008

The Agrobacterium connection

Vitaly Citovsky is a professor of molecular and cell biology at Stony Brook University in New York (SUNY). He is a world authority on the genetic modification of cells by Agrobacterium, a soil bacterium causing crown gall disease in plants, that has been widely used in creating genetically modified (GM) plants since the 1980s because of its ability to transfer a piece of its genetic material, the T-DNA on its tumour-inducing (Ti) plasmid to the plant genome (see later for details).

Citovsky’s team took scanning electron microscope pictures of the fibres in or extruding from the skin of patients suffering from Morgellons disease, confirming that they are unlike any ordinary natural or synthetic fibres (see Fig. 1, assembled from Citovsky’s website [8]).

Figure 1. Scanning electron microscope images of fibres from skin biopsies of patients with Morgellons Disease - a, white fibre with calcite, scale bar 10 mm; b, green fibre with alumina ‘rock’ protruding, scale bar 20 mm; c, various ribbon-like, cylindrical and faceted fibres all coated with minerals, scale bar 10 mm; d, skin lesion with fibres stabbing through the epidermis, scale bar 300 mm

They also analysed patients for Agrobacterium DNA. Skin biopsy samples from Morgellons patients were subjected to high-stringency polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests for genes encoded by the Agrobacterium chromosome and also for Agrobacterium virulence (vir) genes and T-DNA on its Ti plasmid. They found that “all Morgellons patients screened to date have tested positive for the presence of Agrobacterium, whereas this microorganism has not been detected in any of the samples derived from the control, healthy individuals.” Their preliminary conclusion is that “Agrobacterium may be involved in the etiology and/or progression” of Morgellons Disease.

The unpublished findings have been posted on a website [8] since January 2007. They were further publicized in the “first ever” Morgellons conference in Austin Texas, attended by 100 in March 2008 [9]. A growing list of people are registered with Morgellons Disease, totalling 12 106 worldwide recorded by Morgellons Research Foundation [3], as of 12 April 2008.

source

Good topic OP

daz__
[edit on 4/9/2008 by daz__]

[edit on 4/9/2008 by daz__]

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Guess whos back, back again, Morgellons back, back again

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 02:42 AM
link   
From www.mayoclinic.com... :

What are the signs and symptoms of Morgellons disease?

According to the Morgellons Research Foundation, primary signs and symptoms of Morgellons disease include:

* Skin lesions, often accompanied by pain or intense itching
* Fibers — which may be white, blue, red or black — in and on the lesions
* Crawling sensations on and under the skin, often compared to insects moving, stinging or biting
* Joint and muscle pain
* Fatigue significant enough to interfere with daily activity
* Inability to concentrate and difficulty with short-term memory
* Behavioral changes

Other signs and symptoms may include:

* Changes in vision
* Stomach pain or other gastrointestinal symptoms
* Changes in skin texture and color

i have a few of those symtoms like

* Crawling sensations on and under the skin, often compared to insects moving, stinging or biting
* Joint and muscle pain
* Fatigue significant enough to interfere with daily activity
* Inability to concentrate and difficulty with short-term memory.

i was first diagnosed with fibromyalgia and told that the only treatment was anti depressants that did nothing
untell they tried Prozac.
i could not concentrate safely enough to drive a car and knew it.
i quit after two weeks

then i found out about gabapentin and my pain was cut by 80%

then because i could not work i did a lot of reserch and now i have found i don't have fibromyalgia

new research has found about 50% of people diagnosed with fibromyalgia really have small fiber polyneurpathy

since i also have sarcoidosis my research showed i likely have a known form of small fiber polyneuropathy as one of the well known co-morbid disorders found with sarcoidosis is "Sarcoidosis associated small fiber polyneuropathy"

i still have doctors that read my medical records and see the DX of fibromyalgia and blame every problem i have on it even though i tell them it was a old misdiagnoses and i really have is Sarcoidosis associated small fiber polyneuropathy.

it may take years for some medical researcher to put a name to the Morgellons disorder.

i believe its part neurological and caused by a virus and the Skin lesions, often accompanied by pain or intense itching are something like shingles causes by the chickenpox virus but long lasting.
it has many of the symptoms of a viral infection and i also believe the Morgellons fibers are just enviromental fibers caught in the Morgellons lesions.
i have eczema and about every 5 years i have to change medications because the Eczema lesions get larger and which leak fluid and crust over.
in these i have found fibers that are black and match the color of the pants i wear.

edit on 4-4-2021 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageofdeceit

I'd like someone to explain just how a delusion is physically present on the skin (unless the physical problem is being created by the individual concerned?).

A delusion is made in the mind and doesn't exist. These physically exist to the extent people can photograph them, and take samples. That doesn't make it a delusion.

I will go to extent of saying that the delusions themselves might exist however, but could be caused by the same mechanism as the Morgellons, or a by-product thereof.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

This one is actually pretty simple. Most of the "fibres" that people believe that they are seeing have prosaic explanations. They're fibres from their clothes that have become stuck to the wounds created when they scratch themselves, or are ingrowing hairs created when they scratch themselves. Or other fibers from their local environment.

The delusion isn't the existence of the fibers it's what they believe the fibers to represent.

The strange properties attributed to the fibers are typically due to armchair sleuths either not knowing what they are looking at or misunderstanding what they are looking at because they are not trained in the correct fields.

Everything that cant be explained by the above is usually a straight up hoax.

The "mechanism" of Morgellons is that people incessantly scratch themselves, and bit of their clothes or hair gets stuck in the wounds, and they freak out thinking that it's something that it isn't.

I can't remember the name of it, but there's a drug that's used to treat OCD and PTSD, which has a side effect of causing a slight numbness in the skin, which has proved to be the single most effective remedy to Morgellons.

When a drug that reduces compulsive behavior and intrusive thoughts, and makes your skin itch less, stops Morgellons. it seems pretty clear that all Morgellons is is people scratching compulsively.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join