It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple theory of the unexplained.... (by me)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Thanks for reading this.... just wanted to get it out there and see what others think of it....

My idea is that most of the unexplainable things such as: ghosts, ufo & other phenomena are definately real in a sense. I believe there are things out there that the human mind cannot begin to even comprehend or even realize that they are happening or exist.

The example i use the most is such. It is a fact that quantum physics exist. Now, no matter how hard you try, you will never get a dog to realize there are electrons whizzing around a nucleus made of neutrons and protons.

So, i conclude that there are 'levels' of understanding that may go 'up' infinately. We (humans) are at a certain level of this understanding. Humans may only be able to reach a certain 'height' of understanding no matter how much we learn or expand our thinking.

I hope that makes a little bit of sense to someone... (sorry if i posted in the wrong area)

And please be kind

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by Calculon386]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Yes, its called enlightenment. And some humans can achieve "higher" levels then others.

While some people have a "defect" that allows them to see without understanding.

And while others can understand but never "see".

So you are correct in your thinking.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I think I see what you're saying.

But do you think we're limited in our eventual understanding? A dog will never understand quantum physics by the nature of its brain makeup ... it just doesn't have the grey matter to ever "learn" concepts like that.
Humans, though, have what seems to be a limitless potential for learning. Thousands of years ago, humans didn't understand why things like lightning and and comets happened, so they attributed them to something supernatural; i.e. they explained them as something "godly." The process repeats throughout history for different natural occurances with different explanations.

I think we've got the capacity to understand the unexplained ... it's just that no one has stumbled on the concept that explains them yet.

-B.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Thank you for your reply...

Yes, okay.... I do find it mildly frustrating knowing all thats out there.... just out of reach... in the corner of your eye... Like its right there... but whenever you turn around to look.. its moves farther away...

Maybe ignorance is bliss??

Maybe we do have unlimited potential.. but maybe also there is an unlimited amount of things to understand?

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by Calculon386]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Just like trying to explain God or Religion or the supernatural to normal scientifically-minded people..they try to picture everything in their own mathematical and logical terms, that they have learned growing up as a human. Whereas some higher power being may have a completely different level of thinking and understanding of the universe, on a whole different plateau.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well.. what if God or Religion *could* be explained by mathematics or logical terms? Just some form or math or logic we dont know about...
(God^2/universe)-(3pi*religion)=new understanding?

who knows...

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
it just sounds like your saying some people are smarter than others to me.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtMonkey
it just sounds like your saying some people are smarter than others to me.

Me? I was refering to Humanity's understanding.. not one persons understanding in this matter...

Although...

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It doesn't necessarily mean smarter--just a different level of thinking. Just like comparing a dog's intelligence to a human's. You can't really..or similar to trying to explain sound or sight to someone who is deaf and blind.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the discussion on this topic... I mean i knew i wasnt the only one who thought of this, but it is nice to know that it may be somewhat valid...

To quote Grandpa Simpson (re:Homer)

"He used to be smart as a monkey...now he's dumb as a chimp..."

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BansheeI think we've got the capacity to understand the unexplained ... it's just that no one has stumbled on the concept that explains them yet.

Or have they and we are too ignorant or arrogant to believe them?

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Not at all, thats the trick to being intelligent. We can learn and adapt, and build on past learnings.

Its not only dogs that can't understand the concept of Atomic structure. No animals apart from humans can. Simply because humans are the only Intelligent animals on this planet, humans are the only species able to ask the question 'Why?'.

Sure some humans learn faster and are more 'intelligent' than others, there might even be Extraterrestrial races out there who are vastly more intelligent and learn much faster than us. But still, there is no reason human knowledge can not continue to grow infinitely, every discovery just reveals more 'Why?'s for us to work on.

Personally I think people tend to pervert the use of the term 'enlightenment'. People tend to use it now in an arrogant fashion. People who have thoughts or feelings about Life and the Universe which Science disproves, tend to reconcile this with their own ego by thinking that everyone else is more stupid than they,as they are the only ones who can see this 'truth'.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Kano your wrong, dead flat out wrong.

Animals (most) ask "why?" just because humans can not communicate with animals and converse with them on a level that other humans communicate does not mean that animals do not "think" and ponder "why?".

I bet that when a dog's owner leaves him for more then a day or even for a length of time other then that of his normal "schedule" I will bet anything that the dog sits there and thinks "why is he/she not hear ? why did I not get my snack or food today ? why did I not hear him/her come home ? why hasn't the loud moving thing been turned on yet (tv).

Just because you are not an animal does not mean animals are not capable of thinking.

This is a very foolish assumption to make.

new topics

top topics

join