It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Universal Experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Here is a video I made that represents the beauty of life and nature in the universe. I know many of y'all believe in extra-terrestrials in space, but life here on Earth is rather unique, since there is no similarities with other life forms from space. Please comment on the video and express your opinions about life on Earth and in space.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Wow! That is an awesome video!

It almost had me in tears!

I love Pink Floyd!

This IMHO is a very moving piece.

Great work Dan5647 Thanks!

Starred and Flagged!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Well, I don't see how you could say that life in space would be much different than life on Earth. While it's true that life can possibly form from silicon, arsenic, nitrogen, or phosporous biochemistries rather than carbon - I believe carbon is the one with the least difficulties in starting, so it's probably the most prolific. If that's the case, chemistry is chemistry, and while our physiologies may be radically different - we could also share quite a lot of similarities with extraterrestrial life.

The problem is, we haven't encountered any extraterrestrial life that we know of just yet - so you can't really say that life on Earth is unique or special. Similar planets and similar biochemistry may likely yield fairly similar evolutionary results because remember, natural selection is a non-random process. What would work to fit into an environmental niche on Earth could also be favored on another planet which is similar to Earth.

We'll have to actually start exploring the heavens and cataloging extraterrestrial biologies before making any kind of statements on the matter of how unique we are.

btw, yes, Pink Floyd kicks ass.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BroonStone

Thanks, I created it in one day

new topics

top topics

join