It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funfest Kicks Off WIth Fisticuffs On Opening Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Funfest Kicks Off WIth Fisticuffs On Opening Day

www.tricities.com

A fight involving several adults forced police to clear out an event intended for preschool-age children.

Two women began fighting near where 1- to 4-year-old children were gathered to catch Mardis Gras-style beads being tossed from the stage, police said.

Witnesses say the altercation was sparked after one woman accused a second of pushing her child in order to get closer to the stage.
After a 45 minute delay, the bead-tossing resumed, with parents having to stand behind a row of police who stood between them and the children at the stage.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Must have been some really nice beads!
Honestly, what\'s wrong with people these days?
What ever happened to love thy neighbor, or the golden rule?
I guess it all goes out the window when Mardi-gras beads are envolved!

www.tricities.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
For some strange reason, I wondered if the story was from another country besides the United States. Of course, I was wrong.

And here's a question: why are kids taking part in catching beads, "Mardi-Gras style"? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole idea behind catching beads to encourage grown women to expose their breasts?

The behaviors our society conditions into its children never cease to disturb me. Just how much more sex and violence can be normalized and encouraged for children?

[edit on 12-7-2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion
The behaviors our society conditions into its children never cease to disturb me. Just how much more sex and violence can be normalized and encouraged for children?

[edit on 12-7-2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

A lot more!! Look at our hero's. Sports figures, pop stars. If you value education and learning you are deemed a sissy or geek.

Look at our leaders, lier's and thieves, interested only in big money, The citizens be damned.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house!!!

Funfest indeed!!!

[edit on 12-7-2008 by whaaa]

top topics

join