It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Media threatens Canada: Run, Krokus, Run!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Speaking as a Canadian, I am not offended because Canadians have become accustomed to americans being ignorant of other countries and their way of life.

Ann Coulter is one dumb blond and Tucker Carlson is just upset because his country is buckling at the knees. This sort of behaviour is typical and we, along with every other country, know this.

Sorry U.S.A, we don't envy you, we love being Canadian.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by porky1981

Just for the record this "illness" runs on both sides of the border. I have lived on bothe sides as well as other countries and I have found that Canadians are as much, if not more ignorant then Americans.

lol

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

This conversation is useless because I know where it is headed... it's like two kids fighting, 'my dads job is better than your dads job'.

I don't want to know your experiences, you think what you want and i'll think what I want =)

[edit on 7/12/2008 by porky1981]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

If the illness runs both sides of the border then how come WE are not invading another country every tuesday like you?

And if we did, you be sure Canadians wouldnt' stand for it like americans do.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

LOL, that's a completely ridiculous statement. Need I pull up the video of that Miss Teen America contestant? I hope not. Even I was embarrassed watching it.

I won't even go into a comparison of the education systems, but Canada does not need a Supreme court ruling to determine that Intelligent Design does not belong in a biology curriculum.

I'm not saying there aren't ignorant people in Canada. But, come on, at least try to be realistic.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
After watching the video I just have to ask, was there no lifeguard on duty at the gene pool ? These two clowns seem to have a twisted grip on reality and the only media they should be involved with is finding the remote.

This is just a prime example of why other countries view the USA as a bunch of people that don't have a clue about anything beyond it's borders. These two only perpetuate that perception by being allowed to SPEW their garbarge on TV.

Oh damn, my computer is heating up and melting my igloo. Hope the dogs don't get wet, I need them for the sled so I can go to the trading post for more back bacon & Molsons eh !

Please don't get me wrong here, I don't in any way intend to offend anyone, I live in Canada and love my country just like I'm sure Americans love the USA, it's just real sad that people like this tend to drive a wedge in between more than trying to bring our two great countries together

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Wow. What hostility from hosers!

If you all lived in western Canada and you thought that the goverment was about to TAX billions away from you and your own would you not want to seperate.

The only ones I know who do not are Easterners!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
If you all lived in western Canada and you thought that the goverment was about to TAX billions away from you and your own would you not want to seperate.

If you're talking about the Liberal's carbon tax proposal they aren't the government. They won't be able to pass any bills at this time. The Conservatives have a minority gov't and PM Harper is from the West, I believe.

If the Conservatives are going to tax the West I haven't heard about it. Can you provide a source?

I wouldn't worry about anyone separating from Canada any time soon. I think it more possible that some States will secede from the Union. Canadians like Minnesota. Reminds them of Ontario.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

This is the link to the party. en.wikipedia.org...

This is the link to the Sask. party link...
www.wipsk.com...

This is the matchpoint....netnewsledger.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Wow. What hostility from hosers!

The only ones I know who do not are Easterners!

Do you live in western Canada ? I do, and the government has been taxing Alberta for billions for some time now. The government just called it the "National Energy Program", remember that ? Or maybe the huge transfer payments made to the feds every year ? Not sure what tax your talking about but the west has been taking a beating for some time now.

The whole idea of seperation is nothing more than sabre rattling. We see it every election time, Quebec wants to vote on seperation AGAIN. Sort of scary for the east if the west starts sabre rattling too. No oil royalties or transfer payments would hurt the east big time.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Americans are not as dumb as many would like to think. The ones that are intelligent are not put on television unless they are needed for something 'scientific' or a source of sorts. The producers for television programs usually don't look for intelligence as an attribute. It is through television in which America looks dumb. People want pretty faces. Not to mention when someone famous does something that is regarded as unintellectual, it is plastered on magazines and television shows that are sent around the world. For this reason it creates a stereotype of Americans as being ignorant and dumb. Yes, there are dumb people in America, but I know there more brilliant Americans then others would like to think. If America was filled with dumb and ignorant people, then why do many of the prestigious colleges reside in America? Why does America have so many technological advances under it's belt? Why does it make so much money? Simply put, if Americans were as dumb as people say, the United States would not have any of these.

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Neaux]

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Neaux]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

This is the link to the party. en.wikipedia.org...

This is the link to the Sask. party link...
www.wipsk.com...

This is the matchpoint....netnewsledger.com...

The WIP ran 52 candidates across western Canada in the federal election of 1988. All the candidates were soundly defeated with none garnering even 1% of the popular vote in any riding.

The party also has or had provincial branches in each of the four provinces. The federal wing of the Western Independence Party was dormant; they have not run any candidates in any federal elections since 1988. The party has been resurrected in April, 2005 at a founding convention in Strathmore, AB under the new name "Western Canada Party". Party leader Tyrone Blakney and President Glen Dundas are preparing to field candidates for the next federal election.

Pretty much a dead party. We'll see how they do in the next election. I doubt they will win a single seat.

Listen, I don't know if the carbon tax is a good idea or not. I haven't read it yet. But right now it is just an idea. The Liberals would have to win a majority gov't to implement it and that is just not possible right now, or any time soon.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

whats the cutoff for the west? which province i dont want to be part of the EAST if this happens ARGGGGGggggg.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Wow ann coulter has no idea what she is talking about. ITs quite clear that her job was obtained through sexual favors. atleast Someone on the show is not biased and can shut her up. goodjob dude on the right.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Tucker Carlson is just being a jerk for attention and to get under the other girl's skin. He obviously isn't that ignorant, he just likes to be on TV. Ann Coulter I'm not so sure about though. If she's actually serious about what she's saying then that's pretty scary. It's hard to believe people think like that.

And for the record, most Canadians don't have ANY envy or resentment towards Americans at all. That's a stereotype.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

This thread is ridiculous. So Ann Coulter and Tucker Carlson are very well known ignorant people in the media make some uneducated remarks regarding Canada. Can you count the number of the times the CBC has done the same about the US? You dont see many Americans coming on here whining about it do you? Who cares?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Wow. that was a trip. Someone shut her up!!!

Seriously, we do need each other and both countries know it.

The US's biggest trading partner and a huge source of oil for us. Everybody is happy.

Makes me think that the US/Canada union (invasion?) is getting close.

Now it's not just being hinted in some back story on page 7, but in the TV media as well.

Canada is rarely in the news, but I'll bet you here a lot more about Canada soon.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LwSiX
Can you count the number of the times the CBC has done the same about the US? You dont see many Americans coming on here whining about it do you? Who cares?

I can't count, can you help me, with links maybe?

And no i don't see americans whinning about it
I also don't see americans whinning about their govt. bankrupting them and using that money to oppress other nations, i don't see americans do anything for that matter.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
A little Canadian Media for ya..as I think this thread needs it...

EH?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Well, if anyone is interested in a good read (and maybe that dumba*s reporter should!), here's a link to the Macleans article published a few weeks back, called: "Special Canada Day Report: How Canada stole the American Dream"

Here's the link: www.macleans.ca...

I have scanned the pages from the original magazine article, and they seem to be 'nicer' to read than the website. Links to the pages are here:

www.flickr.com...@N03/2663232807/
www.flickr.com...@N03/2663233081/
www.flickr.com...@N03/2663233183/
www.flickr.com...@N03/2663233271/
www.flickr.com...@N03/2664059754/
www.flickr.com...@N03/2663233485/
www.flickr.com...@N03/2664059914/
www.flickr.com...@N03/2663233679/
www.flickr.com...@N03/2663233787/
www.flickr.com...@N03/2663232879/
www.flickr.com...@N03/2663232967/

Now .... why did I immigrate to Canada again?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join