It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Republican Icon Tony Snow dead at 53.

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   


I must say that this one hits me pretty hard. I've been listening to Tony Snow since I was a child, when he would sit in for Rush. Than he went on to serve as press secretary and did an outstanding job. We all knew he was battling cancer, but I was under the impression he had won. We find out today that he has lost that battle.

I'm a little disgusted with CNN. Tony had moved to CNN before his death and it seems CNN isn't all that concerned about it. I saw one quick spot about him and that was it. I guess when your a republican you get no respect from the media. At least Fox is giving him the proper attention.

Yet another one of our giants, taken down by cancer. You will be Missed Tony!

www.cnn.com...
en.wikipedia.org...









EDIT: Oh what a surprise! The AP is trashing him!
ap.google.com...

With a quick-from-the-lip repartee, broadcaster's good looks and a relentlessly bright outlook — if not always a command of the facts — he became a popular figure around the country to the delight of his White House bosses.

..... During daily briefings, he challenged reporters, scolded them and questioned their motives as if he were starring in a TV show broadcast live from the West Wing.

Critics suggested that Snow was turning the traditionally informational daily briefing into a personality-driven media event short on facts and long on confrontation. He was the first press secretary, by his own accounting, to travel the country raising money for Republican candidates.


Liberals get a 7 day parade, conservatives get trashed and pissed on. Thanks America!


[edit on 12-7-2008 by Dronetek]




posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
Yet another one of our giants, taken down by cancer. You will be Missed Tony!


I myself have lost multiple close relatives to cancer and my sincere sympathy goes out to Mr.Snow's family. However calling him a "giant" sounds almost sarcastic. If he's one of the "giants" among modern conservatives, they must be really desperate. Telling a reporter to "zip it" is hardly a sign of a titanic figure.




[edit on 17-7-2008 by buddhasystem]



posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek
 


Don't know why you automatically leap to that assumption that "America" is pissing on him. Just because some left tilted media outlets start to trash this guy doesn't mean America is doing it.

If you talk to the average American, left or right, they will show sympathy for his passing. That would be the majority of this country. At least 70%. It's the other 30% (split between extreme right and extreme left) that will show hatred or even, dare I say it, happiness at an unfortunate event like this.

Although I do not agree with you about him being a giant for the conservatives, I do agree that he deserves some respect.

Then again, I see him in his press conference about Scooter Libby being rude and sarcastic to legitimate questions about the administration apologizing for releasing the identity of one of their agents. He got mixed up in that whole mess and was displayed as a jerk. That sucks because overall he was a solid conservative that I looked up to. I just wish he never had that particular press conference.

God Speed Mr. Snow.



posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I heard Tony SNow before on a couple radio shows...

The man seemed nice enough, not genuine, but not a bad guy either...

I hate that ATS had to close the thread down, just becasue of some rude-left-wingers... some people just have no respect... its a parental thing i think,,,



new topics

top topics
 
0

log in

join