It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something VERY strange happened to me last night involving the Larry King Live show!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If the government had something to say to you or wanted to shut you up, they would have already done it and you would not be here to tell anything. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you until they come knocking at your door...in which case it may be too late. Somehow, I think they have bigger fish to fry than worrying about random dude on a conspiracy site.

P.S...I think you need a few more exclamation points in the title of your post. Here you go. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 7/12/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
UFOReality: "I have nothing to prove anymore"

Well, it's about time you admitted it. You have no proof. You never have, and never will.

As a "serious UFO researcher", you might want to keep a pen and paper handy, next time you call Big Brother. And, oh, yeah....turn on the tape recorder. It's amazing new technology.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cheebay

Your syntax is confusing, to say the least.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by starcraft

When you do something worth while please let me know...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
What were you going to day before you were cut off?
You still haven't mentioned that...unless I missed it.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Wht are you getting so testy UFO Reality? Am I cutting into future profits?

Normally, a serious witness to such events wouldn't be so bothered. You'd be able to simply answer some of the questions more quickly and calmly. As quickly and calmly as you answered my question about compensation from or lack thereof from The Larry King Show. You knew that one real quick.

If so reliable, why didn't MUFON ask for a FOIA on the date in question regarding Ricky's supposed sighting?

Was the gov't harrassing Leroy? How about the pilot? How was the pilot so grossly wrong in estimating the objects true size?...way off wasn't he for such a "credible witness"

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

I can tell you what he wasn't going to say. He wasn't going to explain how Ricky's sighting had nothing to do with the radar data dates.

He wasn't going to say that he knew both Ricky and Angelia.

He was Marketing is what he was doing.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It could be that CNN just cut you off, they probably had thousands of people wanting to speak on the show. Also the echoing sound may have been a quite ordinary gremlin in the works, you get those quite often on cordless phones, do you have one of those?

Hopefully there is just a regular explanation for whats happened to you, kinda scary to think the govt might wanna shut you up. But try to remember that it's probably just a case of mild paranoia

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I think it is an interesting development in the last several years how direct witnesses have been able to come out with what they know and have not been harassed as they might've been a long time ago. I'm referring specifically to Disclosure Project Witnesses and others, such as Bob Lazar.

Not to say that no harassment has been going on, Angelina Joiner from the Stephenville paper lost her job as a result of her reporting of the Stephenville lights, and there was at least one private citizen there who was harassed for speaking out.

If you feel that you are being harassed, well perhaps you are, I don't know. Echoes and pops and disconnections can come from a variety of sources. If you notice unusual cars in your neighborhood or black helicopters skimming your house or other such things in addition to what you are describing then maybe you have something.

It seems to be a badge of honor to be desired within the community of beginning ufologists to feel important enough to feel that harassment is warranted or deserved. I am in sales, and I had a bad work at day the other day. Do you think the cabal is influencing the phones to direct me calls that I can't sell because of my ufo blog? Probably not, there are many people in the world that are doing more than I that don't get harassed, other salespeople that have bad days that have no idea about these things.

I think what you are seeing from some of the people here is that you never did present anything 'new' or 'controversial' in your meeting as far as I can tell that might provoke such harassment. Simply walking in with MJ-12 documents which are readily available or a letter with Cheney is not going to threaten the military. Walking in with a ET or craft or some experiential event would be much more more threatening to the miltary...and they would come looking for you, rather than the other way around.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by c3hamby
Angelina Joiner from the Stephenville paper lost her job as a result of her reporting of the Stephenville lights,

Did she really? I didn't get that impression when she was on the Larry King Show. Did I miss that piece of info or was it not mentioned?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality

Yes a MAJOR at Lackland AFB. First I called the FAA, then NORAD, and someone at NORAD put me through to a MAJOR at Lackland AFB. I didn't write down his name. Everything happened so fast, and he sounded angry with me on the phone so I was more worried about what I said to him rather than ask him what his name was again so I could write it down. You might understand if you were in that kind of situation. Looking back I of course I wish I would have.

-----------------
And these quotes are from UFOreality's "My UFO meeting with Sr. Air Force personnel" thread, where he met with 10 senior airforce and civilian officials but didn't take any notes or get anyone's names:

"Keep in mind I was very nervous. Before we walked into the room for the meeting they all walked up to me and introduced themselves and I shook their hand. I don't remember everyone's name, nor who they were with. Only Dr. Butler, and the Lockheed Martin Rep (he was wearing a blue dress shirt).

Yeah ok man, when you get introduced to 10 people and they all briefly say their name and you shake everyone's hand you expect me to remember names?

That's one thing I'm bad at anyway...."remembering names" hell I sometimes forget my brother's name. "
-------------------

Same thing in two different situations. You'd think you would have taken a lesson from your other experience and started to write things down instead of trying to remember everything. Especially when you say you are bad at remembering names.

Is there ever going to be a time when we can count on you to remember a name or is forgetting important details a key part of your UFO research.?

Here's an idea. Get some paper and a pencil. And don't post another thread where you conveniently didn't write anything down.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by CallMeMaury]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire
The idea of hearing "echos" or "clicks" if your phone is tapped has been obsolete for at least 20 years.

Maybe back in the 50's-70's you might have been able to, but technology has evolved, and if you were tapped, there is no way you would know.

Not so, the maker of the new film "Bloodline" has been tapped before because of his involvment in UFOs and other touchy subjects, and he was tapped again a few weeks ago and he said he heard tapping and popping.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Why do I get the feeling ufo reality posted this for attention like on his other threads, meeting with the so called military "BIG WIGS" and his other post about calling up the President? (Demanding they release full disclosure on ufo's and aliens.) lol

I think anyone could figure out that if their phone was really being tapped they wouldn't allow you to hear a noise. They wouldn't disconnect you and why in the world would they be tapping your phone anyway, I mean really who are you unforeality?

That is why I get the feeling you posted this for attention or for us to react in such a way like "Oh really WOW uforeality you are big-time you must have some important top secret information for us out there." if the feds are on your trail.

So how much is your book and where do I order it?

Ok calm down I'm only kidding lol, hope you can control that sense of humor.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Malevolent_Aliens]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I had that echo thing on my phone last week. Alot of people have this happen with their phone lines on occasion. The thing with mine last week though, while I could clearly hear myself echoing, I could also hear my voice being distorted, I sounded like a chipmunk, and the person on the other end got mad at me at accusing me of playing silly games. I've also apparantly left a chipmunk message on someone's phone once. I guess it's just a glitch in the phone lines.

I believe you, but I think perhaps you just got this echo glitch, combined with the coincidence of being disconnected. Alot of viewers are probably all calling at the same time, and overloaded the circuits.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   

I do NOT think you were cut off on purpose there are a great number of reason's why a phone line can go dead.

Do you really think you are that important ?

If you do can you please explain why.

You need to be a high profile problem to even make a blip on the government radar.

See you need to be a threat so what make's you a so threatening to them ?

Why do they need to cut you off and tap your phone ?

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 13-7-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Uh...wow.

1) Getting disconnected is not that unusual. I get disconnected all the time (bad phone service) and have heard all sorts of strange noises when it happens.

2) I also hear myself (the echo effect) quite frequently, at least once or twice a week, when I'm on the phone.

...its not because your phones are tapped. Its because either you, or the person your calling, had bad service.

I really think people way over-rate their self importance. The government has better things to do than to tap your phones.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by c3hamby

It is my understanding from reading Ms Joiner's own words, that the reason she was furloughed by the paper was that she was neglecting other assignments and/or topics that she had prior responsibility.

Comparatively speaking, it's a small paper and they didn't have the resources to allow her to concentrate her work on the UFO sightings.

At first she tried to follow up her investigation, "after hours". Perhaps her bosses thought besides disobeying a direct order, they didn't want to have a moonlighting employee/writer that would 'sell' her work.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
You have my sympathies UFO reality as I've had this kind of crap in the past.My most recent incident was when I posted on a forum describing the stuff I'd had happen to me and taking the piss out of them The next day I had three funny phone calls and the background noise did'nt sound right.Could be something,could be nothing,could be coicidence probably .But there is this factor;I don't know how it works in the US but in Britain we have a listening station at Menwith Hill in Yorkshire,I think it's joint US/UK run.Places like this have key words like'echelon' that kicks in the surviellance of phone calls etc.I don't know what info you know,UFO reality but in these strange times ,I would'nt rule it out.If it really worries you I think there are sites on the web and stuff you can do to find some stuff out,Good Luck,Candy

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I remember reading and seeing somewhere the phones in the US weren't tapped as in the way, someone breaks into your house a d taps the phone etc but EVERY phone was hooked up to some big surveillance place and whenever a trigger word was mentioned such as 'bomb', 'ufo', 'explosion' etc someone pressed a button and your phone would be monitore for a set period of time. Don't know how true this is but its interesting.

Also cordless phones are a bitch, i've got one here in the UK, and they're going off every 5 minutes if you don't keep them on the stands, they echo every so often, the line beeps for no reason, the batteries go, the list goes on.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join