It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 stab murders in 24 hrs.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

5 stab murders in 24 hrs.

news.sky.com

Gordon Brown has said the Government will announce new measures to the problems on Monday.

"The dreadful loss of life in just 24 hours graphically illustrates the need for everyone to pull together to put an end to this unacceptable violence," he said.

He spoke out after four people were killed in separate knife attacks in London in 24 hours - a fifth man remains fighting for his life.

There was also a fatal stabbing in West Bromwich.

And tonight a man is in a serious condition in hospital after being stabbed in Bolton, Greater Manchester.

The head of Scotland Yard has sought to reassure the public after the attacks.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Another Stabbing In London 10/07/08
Who is to blame for Britain's knife-crime epidemic?

CX

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Yet another story concerning the recent stabbings in the UK, except this time it's a tragic figure in such a short time.

I will wait with interest to see what measures Gordon Brown will introduce on Monday.

CX.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

It would seem either suicide or rage is now the 'in thing' in Britain.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Ten years till "fist registration" forces everyone whose ever boxed, wrestled, or taken martial arts to register thier "lethal wepons"

Watch.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
CCTV everywhere + Crowned Communautarism* = Today's Londoff.

Ô Charles Fourier... Ô tes Séries Passionnées...

* French -pejorative- sense : when rights of ethnical/religious/whatever communities become stronger than the unity of the people/nation as a whole.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Rigel]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me if thugs were paid by the secret agencies to do all these horrible things.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by homo_borg
It wouldn't surprise me if thugs were paid by the secret agencies to do all these horrible things.

Don't be silly.

This is just the typical result of the complete lapse in family values, and standards across Britain as a whole.

Lax "punishments" due to the bloody god-awful Human Right's act, benefits culture breeding more and more teenage whores and bastard children is leaving an entire generation fatherless, lost and alone. This makes them scared, and influence from Yank gang culture gives them the only identity they have, and so they gather together for the security of having a family of sorts, no matter how #ed up.

This is, 100% a result of NuLabour's "reforms".

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Well the increase in Heroin supply thanks to the great job by the Allies in Afghanistan at ummmm.........helping increase the ummm hmmm opium production
would help increase crime.Wouldn't it?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I dare say things haven't changed much since the 70's in regards to stabbings COUNTRYwide in a 24 hour period, they're just sensationalising it to bring in yet MORE controls.....Terrorvision..stay tuned!!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Yes but Pook, police around the world are reporting massive increases in heroin supply and quality.Think about this.More people take up the addiction.Its more widely available but still expensive.They need money to pay for it.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Does anyone actually have any statistics of UK knife crime over the last say 25 years or something? Because until they do, as far as we know the media is simply reporting more on the stabbings to help their best friend Big Brother push through knife registration.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Being_From_Earth
Well the increase in Heroin supply thanks to the great job by the Allies in Afghanistan at ummmm.........helping increase the ummm hmmm opium production
would help increase crime.Wouldn't it?

Welcome to our world (USA)....this is exactly the kind of thing this country has been dealing with for many many years ever since VietNam...I know everyone's gonna jump on me for this but fk it - We went to Afghnistan to control the Opium trade...try to convince me that isn't true because if it isn't true those fields would be toast toast toast - but they are larger than ever and if heroine is flooding your streets, particularly your "ghettos" - they had to have a pass from low friends in high places...end of story.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Being_From_Earth
Yes but Pook, police around the world are reporting massive increases in heroin supply and quality.Think about this.More people take up the addiction.Its more widely available but still expensive.They need money to pay for it.

I myself have been addicted to opiates....namely Diamorphine hydrochloride....Morphine....and codiene, my ex worked as a pharmacist and my supply was plentiful and of the highest quality, on withdrawing i used extracted codiene and never once felt the urge to stab anyone let alone rob anyone, i now volunteer as a drug counsellor and know many addicts and although maybe 5% are unsavoury types who 'might' resort to street muggings the other 95% are actually nice people with a drug problem whose crimes don't go above shoplifting and petty theft to support their habit, so we can't blame a certain section of society for violent knife crimes, usually behind such stabbings there is either an emotionally charged motive ie. adultery or revenge, or failing this motive it can be young people simply proving themselves to 'gang' peers.
These motives haven't changed for as long as i can remember and will probably always be a problem.

I live in a small town in the north of England, and back in the late 80's a man was stabbed and killed here, the killer was caught the next day and the motive was too much alcohol and a need to impress his peers, it never even got to the regional TV news.
The very next weekend a womans body was found also stabbed to death though this did make it to the regional news as the police were in the hunt for the killer/motive, it turned out to be husband/wife murder.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It's the fault of the media

It's the fault of the parents

It's the result of our greedy society

Its the fault of drink and drugs....

Oh of course the NWO also have a hand in it somewhere

Essentially it's everyone or everything elses fault other than the scrotes that actually do the act. And as long as we carry on down the path of youth/disadvantaged = sacred cow = non accountable, it will continue.

I'm itching to see what Gordon Bennett is planning to do to make things better...another knife amnesty or a years free rap lessons for any kids that behave themselves...JEEEZZZZ.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The majority of stabbings/shootings here in the UK has nothing to do with drugs. Its all gang related. Most of the people who are getting killed in gangs are no older than 18. Most of them are not drug addicts. (in the sense of being addicted to heroin, or because of the influx of heroin as some posters here claim).

Its all about their weird version of respect, you "diss" them and you will pay. Its about personal choices and/or no willpower and respect for humanity. Or in their case the lack of it.

It also has nothing to do with bad parenting. They can't possibly know what their kids are doing when they are out, much like mine never did when i was a teenager.

When i was a teenager violence was rife where i lived, people still got stabbed and shot, there were lots of gangs and lots of sides to take.

Nothings changed. Its just being highlighted more, simply because "Middle England" is obsessed with it (last year it was teenagers binge drinking). Remember couple of years ago when the hot subject was banned dogs? It will be something else next year.

People also have to realize that being stabbed or shot for no reason in the UK is extremely rare.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
The majority of stabbings/shootings here in the UK has nothing to do with drugs. Its all gang related. Most of the people who are getting killed in gangs are no older than 18. Most of them are not drug addicts. (in the sense of being addicted to heroin, or because of the influx of heroin as some posters here claim).

Its all about their weird version of respect, you "diss" them and you will pay. Its about personal choices and/or no willpower and respect for humanity. Or in their case the lack of it.

It also has nothing to do with bad parenting. They can't possibly know what their kids are doing when they are out, much like mine never did when i was a teenager.

When i was a teenager violence was rife where i lived, people still got stabbed and shot, there were lots of gangs and lots of sides to take.

Nothings changed. Its just being highlighted more, simply because "Middle England" is obsessed with it (last year it was teenagers binge drinking). Remember couple of years ago when the hot subject was banned dogs? It will be something else next year.

People also have to realize that being stabbed or shot for no reason in the UK is extremely rare.

Actually it is EVERYTHING to do with bad parenting.

Kids join gangs because they get no security at home, and since they are having little interaction with responsible adults, fail to learn right from wrong or the value of human life.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cantwara
It's the fault of the media

It's the fault of the parents

It's the result of our greedy society

Its the fault of drink and drugs....

Oh of course the NWO also have a hand in it somewhere

All of the above imo and any country who has sat at the top of the imperialist mosh pile for any length of time will experience their fair share of "scrotes" as you put it - and no where did I say the young "scrote's are not responsible for their actions...so don't get it twisted

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ah_Pook

thank you for sharing that - I understand what you're saying and agree to an extent but know this - while the opiate users may not be an aggressive lot - drug dealers most certainly are and where there are gangs there is heroin being sold- and where heroin is being sold there is competition for territory and then murder...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

4 stabbings in 24 hours sounds like too few. I've lived in London for a very long time and to me it seems this is has been norm for a long while. I hear of people getting stabbed every day just that no one really cares enough to put it in the new until now. And that's just London so if you add every big city in England to the equation 4 isn't such a large number after all.

I just think this is propaganda to impose some new law that otherwise wouldn't have flied with the UK citizens. Scare tactics........?!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

Actually they already do, well kind of. I took a martial art called Gung Fu. Upon registration I had to sign a form that went to the FBI for their files. If I ever defend myself and maim or kill them I can be brought up on charges.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join