It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millionaire software designer vanishes, wife pleads for help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Millionaire software designer vanishes, wife pleads for help

www.khnl.com

She says in April, doctors recommended medication, but her husband refused. She describes him as being agitated before his disappearance.

"He was talking a lot about the Iraq war. He was talking a lot about 9-11," she said. "He was checking his stocks and just, he was financially, he was like, he was doing, he was not doing well."

She says she wants her husband of five years to return home, so he can get the help he needs.

"I'm just sick all over my body," she said. "I feel like I'm just, I feel like I've lost everything that's important to me."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
A cautionary tale for us conspiracy types. Wonder if he frequents ATS????? Wouldn't doubt it one bit.

www.khnl.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
More likely he woke up to the truth,

asked too many questions and said too much to too many people,

and DHS offed him.

I feel real bad for his wife, and I hope I'm wrong and she can welcome back her husband sometime soon.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
He probably got depressed over all the 9/11 conspiracies and offed himself.
Its a very depressing thing to delve into and some people might not like some of the things they find.
Pretty sad though.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I just saw a similar thing that happened in the 80's on some old unsolved mysterious show or something.

What is it with Millionaire scientists?

Yet another "First Break"

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
The stocks took a huge nosedive recently, the worst in two years. He probably lost alot of money. It could be many investors sold their shares of his company also.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
My sincerest best wishes to Steve Thomas. Should it matter, it should be noted that myself, and probably many other here at ATS, one of the Internet's largest Conspiracy-related and 'alternative' websites, truly wish the best for him. May he find his way.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Here, here.

Sometimes there is a happy ending, and I'm hoping for the best.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Yeah the stocks.Poor guy.
Its not the first time someone has jumped into the sea because of stocks.
Man I almost did this week but luckily I trade index's.So up and down either way doesn't matter.
But Thursday/Friday this week there was definitely and I mean definitely market manipulation at play.
Big money was matching the bids and offers and pushing it the opposite way.
This shows there is not much money in the markets.When they have to resort to this.
He probably traded traditional buy and hold stocks which of course of late have gone to the pits of hell.
This is really sad because, he has a wife who really loves him.
I hope hes just gone a little postal and gone bush for a while to try think things over and not done anything stupid.
Because money ain't worth your life ever.Sheeit money ain't even real.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I would also like to extend my best wishes for a happy ending for Steve Thomas.

I wonder how may ATS'ers would be "diagnosed" with "bipolar disorder"???

No mention of substance abuse... in fact most of the news articles I read do not mention the conspiracy angle at all.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I doubt he would be a "millionaire software" designer if he worked in the defence industry.. Although Hawaii/Colorado connection could indicate that.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Well, it almost sounds like foul play- government style.

Maybe he was scooped up by the government for future use????

Sad.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
"he told his wife he needed space"

Sorry folks...I don't think there is any government/military/alien conspiracy here. I think a millionare man has been living 2 lives and it finally caught up with him. I think old boy had more then just a wife and she is completly nieve to the things he does, or who he does..

Nowhere does it state the kind of software he designed or deals with, and if it WAS military grade stuff I would think the media would have atleast mentioned that.

I am going to go with my conclusion: A rich man leading a double, and maybe even a triple life for some excitement...he's not lost/missing...he's just not coming back home to wifey right now for a reason..

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
He was in the manic stage of his bipolar disease. People can go from seeming perfectly normal one minute to completely paranoid and convinced that the guy that looked at them for two seconds too long is going to try to kill them the next. He refused medication for it which is only going to make it worse.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Quite the string of disappearances within the last 18 months or so.

Jim Gray - Microsoft Engineer - disappeared

Another Scientist Gone...
Possible abduction of computer scientist ??

Steve Fossett - Famous Adventurist and Record Setter -disappeared

Plane Carrying Aviation Adventurer Steve Fossett Missing

I don't know if they could be connected, but it does make me wonder about the possibility of something more going on.....

I hope that unlike the others, Steve Thomas can be found.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It could be like a Uni-bomber scenerio. Instead of abducting Computer Scientists, he'd mail them bomb packages. It was because he thought technology was evil and would be the downfall of America - some skewed Patriotism.

If there were Computer Scientists missing, then say there would be some truth to serial abductions, but this is the only one so far. His Wife indictated a Doctor recommended medication, so that would have you believe he was highly-stressed.

top topics

join