It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Plans- Best Case Scenario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This deals with Obama's Senior Foreign Policy Adviser comments concerning his plan in Iraq. She tells the truth about what the real plan is. I believe in one of their posts in another thread somebody said that Obama can't start changing anything until he becomes President. This is Obama's emphasis on change. He will change his plans once he become President. Until then his Iraq and all other plans are merely best case scenarios.

He has no other choice. He is just another politician. Do you really think that Congress is going to approve all of his plans as is? Do you really think that that he can be in so many meetings, consult with so many leaders, and everything else a President has to do and still keep his plans intact? All of his information will be based on advisers input and his decision will be based on which adviser to trust. There is just no way he could personally be involved in every aspect of all the plans he has. It is no different than the campaign he is running now. Most of what he says is based on his advisers. Just another politician trying to please everybody.

This is not a hit on Obama. If you feel it is then so be it. It is what it is and sometimes the truth hurt. The day you give me a candidate who makes promises, not plans, one way or the other, not afraid to go against the grain, willing to travel the road less travel, is the day that I can tell you that there will be real change. I haven't seen one yet. Either Obama can get the troops out in 16 months, regardless of what happens in Iraq, or he can't. He can't have it both ways. If this is the case then who's to say he won't have troops in Iraq for 100 years. All he says in most of his plans is that he will meet, consult, or create. Sounds more like a rough draft than a plan.

The host, Stephen Sackur, challenged her:"So what the American public thinks is a commitment to get combat forces out in 16 months isn't a commitment isn't it?"

"You can’t make a commitment in March 2008 about what circumstances will be like in January of 2009," she said. "He will, of course, not rely on some plan that he’s crafted as a presidential candidate or a U.S. Senator. He will rely upon a plan – an operational plan – that he pulls together in consultation with people who are on the ground to whom he doesn’t have daily access now, as a result of not being the president. So to think – it would be the height of ideology to sort of say, 'Well, I said it, therefore I’m going to impose it on whatever reality greets me.'" [/ news]

source

[edit on 12-7-2008 by jam321] extra DIV

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The whole process of voting for the canidate you think best represents your ideals....not if they are lying. THIS is the process we created with the constitution. You shouldn't spend so much time trying to look for some kind of motive. I for one am willing to wait the process out and then react. You can believe anything is an upgrade over GWBush...I have never been so totally ashamed of what we have allowed him to do to us as citizens....It's ironic the neocons can't find any so called dirt, I will support Obama until it's election time and review his policies then, when he will have a body of work to criticq.

new topics

join