It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama under fire over Afghan 'insult'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Obama under fire over Afghan 'insult'

www.news.com.au

WHITE House hopeful Barack Obama has said the Afghan government of President Hamid Karzai has not "gotten out of the bunker" to rebuild the war-torn country.

"A big chunk of the issue is that we allowed the Taliban and al-Qaeda to regenerate itself when we had them on the ropes.

"That was a big mistake and it's one I'm going to correct when I'm president."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Read that, USA, you'll never be leaving Afghanistan with Obama as President.

This comes on the heels of McCain joking about bombing Iran...

What a bleak future of war, tyranny and violence the USA has to look forward to, no matter WHO you elect as your puppet NWO controlled President.

www.news.com.au

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

So what did he say that isn't true?

This part? "A big chunk of the issue is that we allowed the Taliban and al-Qaeda to regenerate itself when we had them on the ropes."

I'm from Afghanistan and I agree with everything he said. The reason why the Talliban gained so much power is because the US left the Afghans to rebuild the country on their own, after using them to fight the Soviets. What he says here is that if we leave Afghanistan again without helping to rebuild it, the Taliban will do the same thing once again.

So which part of that is wrong?

[edit on 12-7-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Read that, USA, you'll never be leaving Afghanistan with Obama as President.

This comes on the heels of McCain joking about bombing Iran...

What a bleak future of war, tyranny and violence the USA has to look forward to, no matter WHO you elect as your puppet NWO controlled President.

www.news.com.au

I don't even know anymore I'm so cynical - it seems like our one and only real problem is the other half of the US population. They would say the same about my half...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Obama and McCain are the two sides of the same coin of disaster for America.

Obama says so much that is so wrong, and he gets a pass in the USA because he at least sounds well-spoken. I suppose it is another legacy of George W. Bush whose speaking is like nails scratching on a chalkboard.

new topics

top topics

join