It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Future Humans Go Back in Time and Eat All of the Dinosaurs?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
" Hey honey where do you want to go to dinner tonight?"

" i haven't had a brontosaurus burger in a long time, how does that sound?"

"good idea, ill get dressed and we can take the time machine"

" ok i'm not paying for valet though "

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
In all seriousness. I have been trying to get a spot on Kodiak Island for years now. Id pay a fortune to Hunt Dino.

I wanna Trex head in my study Damnit!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

ummm you either have a very BIG study, or a very empty one.

I want something with horns on my walls though, and sharper teeth, if possible.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by TubbsMcGee]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I don't believe we would raise them like chickens just because they're so darn big and it would take a lot of space and would probably be dangerous. I think we could selectively go back in time to the exact point in time and space where the desired dinosaur would be its most vulnerable, i.e. sleeping. I bet a dinosaur that died peacefully in its sleep would taste better anyway. No stress hormones released into the blood stream and all that.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsSmartypants
reply to post by RuneSpider

I don't believe we would raise them like chickens just because they're so darn big and it would take a lot of space and would probably be dangerous. I think we could selectively go back in time to the exact point in time and space where the desired dinosaur would be its most vulnerable, i.e. sleeping. I bet a dinosaur that died peacefully in its sleep would taste better anyway. No stress hormones released into the blood stream and all that.

We could use australia. Or england. ANy largish size Island country really. And honestly, who wouldn't trade either for Bronto-burgers?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Well its interesting you ask this question.Because right about now im wondering what a mouth watering bronto burger would taste like.Now why would I wonder this unless it was hidden somewhere inside my mind?
Because ive never even seen a brontosaurus.Let alone even smelled one cooking.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Mmm, imagine some sweet and spicy Raptor Wings! That would hit the spot. I think if Time travelers did eat all the dinosaurs that would be quite the feat considering how many roamed the land. What about the ocean dwellers, look at this damn thing z.about.com... !

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Dinosaurs hatched out of eggs. Perhaps time-travelers went nuts making dino-omletes!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
There is a major flaw in this idea. Dinosaurs don't taste like chicken, their flavor more resembles that of their closest living ancestor; the crocodile. Have you ever eaten crocodile?? Not good... So obviously we didnt eat them, somoene else killed them to allow for the human race to develop... hmmm..

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by samureyed

Dinosaurs don't taste like chicken, their flavor more resembles that of their closest living ancestor; the crocodile

lol, how do you know, have u tasted them?????? HAVE U GONE BACK TO EAT THE DINOS!!!!!!!!!!! Give me your time traveling secrets

you could very well be right though and crocodile doesnt seem like the most appealing food choice

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by D.S.trustno1

I have eatin alligator.. and it tastes VERY close to chicken.. so i would imagine crocs are about the same.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Talk about the hunter being the hunted you miss a shoot and you could be dinner you would need a real big gun too.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
ok-

1. if you could go back in time to eat dinos that would cause a paradox to occur and thus changing the future causing a time line divergence and many chaotic effects to happen. i mean what if the dino you ate is actually the one that cause some event to happen triggering a chain of effects in order for something else to evolve?

put it this way you eat dino A dino A does not have a chance to eat mammal B, in retrospect because mammal B was not eaten, his recessive gene was introduced to the population and the result is we are all blue smurf people living in mushrooms.

2.some dinos are related to birds while others are related to reptiles. it just depends which one. and pure speculation here, i think it would be a red meat bird.

3. i believe someone has already tasted extinct beast before. i read a story in my teen years about a group of researchers and scientist who found a frozen woolly mammoth and actually took some of the meat and cooked it and ate itto see what it would taste like.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Being_From_Earth
Well its interesting you ask this question.Because right about now im wondering what a mouth watering bronto burger would taste like.Now why would I wonder this unless it was hidden somewhere inside my mind?
Because ive never even seen a brontosaurus.Let alone even smelled one cooking.

ah you can thank your flintstones carttons for that one my friend

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by j stuff

Right on the money! I'm from South Africa, and have eaten Crocodile - and believe me, it's ALSO pretty dam close to chicken!! Hey Samureyed - don't know where you ate some croc meet, but I think it probably wasn't well prepared if it didn't taste good. I personally had NO desire to eat croc, but was convinced by buddies to try it (one day), and so I did.

Honestly though, I don't think I will ever do that again, because my mind would immediately flash an ugly croc up every few seconds - and that is enough to put me off.....

Who knows if such a thing ever happened....I do know it didn't happen in my universe....Why? Because Quantum Physics rule it out. I'm not a 'scholared' individual in that, but after reading Gary Zukov's "The Dancing Wu-Li Masters", I came to that conclusion.

Very interesting read I may add - and the nicest part about the book is that he breaks it down for the layman....only regret leaving my copy in SA....oh well, I'll be visiting a local bookstore soon

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
There was a comic series bases on this idea... 2000AD some of the early issues...Future humans went back in time via some kind of portal sysem and gathered all the dinos for meat..Dont remerber how it ended though...

My brother sold my collection of 2000ad and original spiderman #1
for £30..........

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Human did not go back in time to harvest the dinosaurs. They were consumed by extraterrestrials. They have been returning for years in search of more. Some day they will understand that their actions caused the extinction.

The cattle mutilations demonstrate that beef does not have the taste qualities that they crave.

Edit: sp

[edit on 7/12/2008 by roadgravel]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Not all the dinosaurs were wiped out , they evolved and we currently eat them today, back then i doubt it but i like the premise.

watch it all there not long , if i remember they found a fossil of a raptor that had feathers........

sorry for the quality all i could find.

[edit on 12/7/08 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
reply to post by MsSmartypants

I think we all know the answer to this question. NO!

That made me literally burst out laughing.

No, that would be impossible for humans to go back in time. I'm pretty sure if that were reality, than it would create a time paradox that would eventually lead to humanity developing differently, thus us in our current forms wouldn't exist.

[edit on 7/12/2008 by FadeToBlack]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsSmartypants
I wish I could too but it was like 30 years ago. I was reading alot of short story collections by Ray Bradbury and Isaac Asimov and various sci fi writers.

I remember reading a sci-fi story - I think by Bradbury - in which time travel was used for tourism, and going back to hunt dinosaurs was a popular thing. I don't, however, recall anyone actually eating them!

Interesting theory, but I would think highly unlikely.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join