It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Future Humans Go Back in Time and Eat All of the Dinosaurs?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
My question is based on a short story I read many years ago portraying an alternate explanation for the extinction of the dinosaur. Seems somebody invents a time machine, goes back to the time of the dinosaur, for some reason I don't remember ends up cooking and eating one and discovers that they are the single most delicious food ever known to man. The crack coc aine of food, if you will. Needless to say despite their better judgement future us end up eating all the dinosaurs.
They do say dinosaurs are related to birds so I figure they taste like chicken.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I see where you are going with this. Chicken is might delicious, I can only imagine what dino would taste like. You should find the name of this story, I would very much enjoy reading it.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I wish I could too but it was like 30 years ago. I was reading alot of short story collections by Ray Bradbury and Isaac Asimov and various sci fi writers.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants

I think we all know the answer to this question. NO!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I think we all know the answer to this question. NO!

I agree, equally ridiculous. Even the thought of people travelling back in time to eat dinosaurs would be pointless, as the mere danger involved would easily overwhelm even the most hardened Green Berets or Navy Seals.

I think your grasping.

King

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Well actually quantum physics postulates that there is an infinite number of universes where everything that can happen does in fact happen on some universe. So it would follow that there is in fact a universe in existence where that very thing occurs.
Your welcome.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
using that logic, then it has happened countless times, and we actually have farms where we raise dinosaurs as cattle.... MMMMMMM finger licking good!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TubbsMcGee

I figure free range dinosaurs were probably more en vogue in gourmet establishments. And perhaps the hunt was part of the appeal.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I would assume raptors would be the more expensive selection of meat. Probably pretty hard to outsmart a flock of raptors.

MMMMM wild triceratops ribs.....

I remember someone posting a thread about humans not designed to eat meat because we don't drool over raw meat.... I can tell you one thing though, I'm getting pretty hungry thinking about fictional raw dinosaur flanks.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants

Sounds delicious, but no. You can only go back as far in time that--when--time machines were invented. Someone said that once. And I know for certain time machines werent invented until the 1900s.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

sounds like the time portals from Austin powers.

which again, according to physics, is true and has happened.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Not a one line post not a one line post not a one line post not a one line post not a one line post
Don't I know it!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TubbsMcGee

linky pleasey weezie! Cant say such things to plucky and not give evidence! I gave evidence. I said someone from some or other said something. That is clear enough.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Yes.
My intiial studies in temporal mechanics have allowed me to see through time.
Unfortunately Bronto-burgers wont be available for another 22 years 3 months 2 weeks and 4 days.
Thats when Ive seen myself perfecting a version of the time tunnel large enough to handle suropod traffic.

[edit on 7/12/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

astroproject to a time when you were younger and give yourself the information to make said time tunnels so we get more sauropods faster.

i cant wait 22 years 3 months 2 weeks and 4 days....
I cant

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I don't want to be the mean one again, but is there a point to this? Blind speculation on such a ridiculous scale just clogs up forum space that could be used for serious discussions? Couldn't something like this go to BTS?

I mean no offense by anything I say, just that if you want to sit here and discuss whether it would or wouldn't be possible, you will be here forever going in circles, however, I will retire to what ATS is mean for, serious conspiracy and topic discussion.

But by all means good luck with your thread.

King

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Well, you certainly sound like a very industrious person. I don't even know what I'm cooking for dinner tomorrow night.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TubbsMcGee

astroproject to a time when you were younger and give yourself the information to make said time tunnels so we get more sauropods faster.

i cant wait 22 years 3 months 2 weeks and 4 days....
I cant

Cant, the temporal paradox would cause the entirity of western intellectualism will be based on a time lost trascript of Rosie O'donnel on the view.
Its simply to horible to contemplate.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

theres alot of internets out there for this thread to live a little longer.

plus I speculate that most the topics on ATS are not serious or have anything to do with any real consciparcy

Also to shazzam
i saw that transcript, its not that bad....
something about draconian aliens (pardon, aboriginals) finally making their way out of the center of the earth to start a machine to end all time or something like that.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by TubbsMcGee]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The way I see it, aside from the evidence of a mass cataclysim, possibly even a few off them, that seems like a very likely end of the dinos, if they were so irreverant as to wipe out the dinos so quicjkyl because of the taste, aside form the very obviouse evidence of butchery, they'd start working backwards. Or creat e a purposeful paradox by eating the same dino over and over again.
Or, y'know, breeding the dino's like we breed cattle or chickens, seeing how many of them we eat.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join