It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cellphones and your brain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I do not know if I posted this in the right place but I want to pose a question for you all, and it has to do with the "mysterious" sound your speakers will make before you get a call. Many of you have heard this and realize your phone is going to ring and you reach for it.

I have come to discover recently, that I get frequent subconscious, "kicks" if you will, and the first thought in my head is that my phone is about to ring. I told this to my roommates one day, and it turns out they have all had the same experience.

I could simply attribute this to some sort of psychic ability, but I don't think that is the issue. Rather, I think that our brains are able to pick out that cell phone signal, almost the same way your speakers do.

Does anyone else feel this could be a genuine explanation for this phenomenon?

I don't have any memory of being able to do this when I was younger, before I had a cell phone, and I only remember it starting to happen when I got new phone from sprint, a little red and black samsung flip phone with a camera.

Anyone have any similar experiences?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
While it may seem that you have a psychic ability, I for one believe that it is nothing more than "brain training"

Growing accustomed to something like a cell phone ringing has become a day to day occurance. How many people do you see in a supermarket that reach for their pocket if they hear it ring? I had a buissness cell that I carried with me 24/7, and since it rang so often, I would actually hear the ring before the phone rang at all. Sometimes I would hear the phone ring when it was not.

I am unfamiliar with any tones that are displaced before the phone rings, or of any sub-frequencies that a phone may produce, but I am pretty sure that you are just experiencing "expected" rings. Anticipation of a call, even when there is none. It has been happening to me for about 5 years now to the point I had to change the ringer to stop it from happening.

King

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
there is a thread dealing with the sound itself, there a link to an example of the sound.

Like I said before, I do not claim to be psychic, or do I attribute this to psychic abilities.

It could very well be some sort of "brain-training" but I rarely receive phone calls on a day to day basis. So when I get a phone call its more unexpected if anything.

As for the phone producing a sub-frequency, I don't think its that. If anything I think it might just be the brain picking up the normal frequency the phone works with.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by TubbsMcGee]

[edit on 12-7-2008 by TubbsMcGee]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Your brain is a conductor of air waves and i talk to people in fiji with my new satellite dish i got in my ear.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
yes, thank you for that alienstar, very informing thanks a bunch. mind if I bounce some of those airwaves off your satellite to broadcast a virus to the mothership?

join