Originally posted by plumranch
reply to post by BO XIAN
I belong to the generation just after the "Greatest Generation", the ones that fought WWII. Those were very tough, capable, able to defeat almost
any adversary types. Where they got their courage and abilities, one wonders!
What a WONDERFUL meaty reply. Thanks tons.
Yeah, my parents' generation was pretty tough. Plenty admirable there.
However, in many respects, too many of them were traitors to their own best values--not wittingly, I think--but unwittingly.
My mother had a heart of gold. But she grew up "poor white trash" in the South and almost wore it proudly like a red badge of courage. She was an
authentic Christian yet relentlessly provoked her son and later adopted daughter to wrath. I turned it inward and Bonnie turned it outward. My
Step-Dad and Blood Dad's were similar.
I know very few of that generation who reared their kids WITHOUT Reactive Attachment Disorders.
To be fair, THEIR parents didn't know how to do better or THEY would have done better, too. Eeking out a living was of such paramount importance,
loving focus on kids fell readily by the wayside as an unaffordable luxury. And there has been great hell to pay ever since in a long list of ways.
And I think THAT sequence is a big part of a lot of the dark avatars hereon. The anger, darkness, isolation, loneliness, insecurities etc. gathered
interest in each succeeding generation. And now, the darkness bubbles over.
. . . just a hypothesis of mine . . .
My friends fought in Nam and were tough wariors also although they didn't get the credit for it, thanks to the media.
Yeah, I'm a Nam era vet. Thankfully, I only talked to Nam on the radio. Didn't have to go there. Think of all the angst that place and the
insanitites around it generated. The puppet masters wasted thousands of lives for their globalist goals. What a horror. Refusing to allow any winning
of the war while grinding fine lives into mush.
Some of the creatures setting such horrors up are probably quite acquainted with their cells in hell already.
Just imagine . . . youth in their prime sent off to die senselessly for a cause that could never be realized because it wasn't the real cause. And
they come home after risking life and limb--often maimed . . . to horrific treatment by the media and their peers and public.
What an outrage. I wonder how many dark avatars that might have generated.
My guess as to why the younger generations choose dark, daunting avatars is that they have some kind of an inner yearning to be tough fighters (like
the previous generations) but they have little possibility to do so due to the natural constraints of a lawful, peaceful society. Thus the evil, dark
I do think your are pinging on a very valid component, factor of probably application with respect to a number of dark avatars hereon.
1. Let's say that the reports that flouride was found in the Russian gulag to molify, passivy prisoners somewhat. Certainly Western culture has
flooded millions with the stuff.
2. There's also the Politically Correct mentality that's philosophically foundationless and hypocritically bankrupt a the core . . .
3. There's little to no EARN ONE'S SPURS opportunities worthy of the endangered species MAN, MASCULINE MAN.
4. The notion of MASCULINE MAN has been increasingly rendered neutered in the worst, most convoluted, double-bound ways.
5. The quasi remaining route to PROVING ONE'S MANHOOD of getting the maximum number of welfare mothers pregnant is a very hollow one fraught with
plenty of guilt and responsibility, financial hassles.
6. Becoming the top clerk at McDonald's is not exactly Wyatt Earp/ John Wayne magnificence.
7. Why wouldn't testosterone ridden keyboard jockies relish smashing icons and hypocritical memes, themes, values so long proven to them to be
bankrupt to the core?
My choice would be to choose something not so negative and dark. Why have a forboding avatar even on a serious? forum? Makes no sense to me.
Yeah, I'm much with you.
Life at it's best on this sin soaked soil has more than sufficient darkness. I don't need to glorify even a sub-atomic particle's worth of it.
And I certainly don't want to have even a particle's worth of it have the least bit of spiritually legal permission to associate with me.
Thanks tons for your thoughtful, excellent, meaty post.
And for the honor of meeting and responding to you.