Why so many dark, foreboding, negative avatars?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I tried to tell someone recently that I'm not dark and foreboding .

They said "This is Madness!"

I replied, " Madness?....THIS....IS.....COBRAAAAA!!!!!!!!"

I then proceeded to kick him off a proverbial cliff.

COBRA is not dark and forboding, its minty fresh and as pure as a spring.

Seriously though, dark and foreboding is in the eye of the beholder. How can someone think Cobra Commander is dark and forboding? Sure the hood and the Uzi look kind of frightening, but really who doesn't carry an Uzi (In the West Bank)? And hoods? There coming back in style just visit any march outside a WTO or G8 summit. Just wait everyone will have hoods. Have razor burn? Wear a hood? Got acne? Wear a hood. Going bald? Wear a hood.

Want to learn more? Visit your local Cobra Lodge and meet with a Crimson Guardsman. He'll set you on the path to a new life. One with meaning and purpose. Join today and get coupons. I'm not sure what kind of coupons, but hey who cares, "Theyre Coupons!"

Don't forget vote Cobra, Vote Cobra Commander this November!

Cobra Commander '08

Google Video Link

Yes We Shall!

Google Video Link

I am Cobra Commander and I endorse this message. Paid for by Cobra Command.

Dark enough for ya?

[edit on 13/7/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
If you look at mine long enough it will talk to you mentally! hypno alien has you! now give me money!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
mine is neither dark, nor foreboding, nor negative in any way.

I even used primary colors.

I think this phenomena has something to do with Mortal Kombat.

just sayin'.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
NEVER ever trust an OP without an avatar... he / she is hiding something, something darker and more sinister than any of us.

Dirty Pervert.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Beautiful avatar.

The sword appears to clearly be on the side of good and right.

Interesting that the sword is in her left hand.

Interesting stance toward her right while looking left and down.

A bit of a sharp contrast . . . white, rose color, spotless niceness . . . vs the sword. Though it doesn't seem to be a ceremonial only sword.

FEELINGS TRIGGERED?

--warm, pleasant, comforted, interested,

Anyway--it's certainly one of the 'darkness relieving' minority of avatars on ATS, imho.

Thanks much.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

"If we took say a group of 8-12 3rd graders; then a group of 8-12 7th graders and then a group of 8-12 12th graders . . . and sort of rushed them down an alley just before dark . . . an alley with a sharp corner in it . . . and they turn the corner; one group at a time . . . running almost into such a figure as is in your avatar . . ."

Why would we ask 3rd, 7th, and 12th graders to judge the warmth and fuzziness of avatars on a site like this? are they the peers this site is meant to attract? am i staning amongs schoolage children here and must taylor my actions as to how they might interpret things or am i missing something in this "analysis?"

sorry i dont know all the proper formatting for replying to posts here yet, forgive my errors as a new person to the site.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
good thread the issue is a spiritual or metaphysical one, we are all veiled.
what is normal what is not?
living for only 70 years avg. degeneration. illness and sickness. war as a means of control. big cities. animal farms. overpopulation. pharmaceutical drug industry. cartels. money systems. all just symptoms of humanity in a phase.

using dark, negative, aggressive, personal power kind symbols as a means to express the willful nature. it is a glamour of a person's energy, the virtue of it would express differently. also new agey lovey dovey crap avatars is the same just another type of glamour.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I change my avatar about every 2 weeks..go ahead and analyze that...
But yes, they are always dark in nature. That is just what I relate to.
In real life, I only wear black clothing, and my nails are painted black..
No way I want an avatar with butterflies on it.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
As someone stated previously, theres no meaning behind mine except I enjoyed the film that it originated from.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Well personally I LOVE a lot of the dark avatars, particularly the ultra-macho warrior/demon types with large weaponry. I chose mine because it is a favorite film that has the sci-fi theme that fits in with the site, also I have enjoyed being this character on halloween.

What always confuses me is when guys use female avatars. Yeah they may think the avatar is a hot chick or whatever but it is just a bit weird, especially when many of us will assume they ARE female. It is especially weird on threads discussing gender based topics.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I change my avatar often too....... mainly because my avatar reflects how im feeling at the time, plus i adore fantasy art so anything mystical/dark/magical catches my attention...... at the moment i have this avatar as it really hit a nerve in me...... maybe im feeling low about recent events and wish i could just fly away?....... avatars are a statment i feel, and a good way to express oneself!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I spend a lot of time in outer/inner space and change my avatar often, but usually keep the theme of not being too well grounded and I don't want to be grounded.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
You are absolutely correct in your observations. This is how subtle it is. Look at my avatar and it shows a Yahoo smiley thats in shock and covering its face with a little alien gray.

If you notice many peoples tattoos are of skulls, demons etc. Many folks in our culture give the Diablo sign (hookem horns) when they think something is really cool and badass.

So yes...you are simply aware and that is good. You will notice many will try to explain it away and justfy their avatars. You helped me to see mine

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
Interesting that the sword is in her left hand.

Interesting stance toward her right while looking left and down.

Hm. Never thought about that but I would like her to be holding the sword in her right hand instead of her left. Switched and fixed.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I think he is sexy, even though he is on the skinny side. I love their clip[ in which he is chained..... Now will the kind psychologist interpret that

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think my avatar is rather forthright. It was chosen to represent

a) My fondness for the kitties
B) I like my guns
C) Juxtaposition of warm fuzzy vs. foreboding sniper position ( maybe disturbing to some but I find humor)
D) My kitty is engaged in a very ATS activity, which is, remaining anonymous while taking a few shots
Other than that, I normal.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
You can't beat mine.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
ATS is about dark or darker subjects as many have mentioned before me. And it is also a place where you can speak your mind. Where you are not put directly in a box. So if you avatar is a horned, ultra macho demon most people will not think that you are Satanist nut job, they will see the avatar as just one of the many many aspects of that particular member. In other words: it is not important. One's avatar does not define you in an absolute way. The person whose avatar is the kitten playing with an object (a cork I think) can be darker than the one with a "scary demon" as an avatar.

I personally just love the kinky alien avatars

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Mines a flag. Not really much to say about it.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Mine is just cut out from a larger image which I liked the look of and I added some effects to bring out the light in it. Doesn't signify anything I just liked the look of it and enhanced it a little, whether this pyschologically means I am bringer of light (for enhancing the light) I don't know nor do I dwell upon it much as it is what it is, a cool looking avatar with my name etched on it

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum