It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so many dark, foreboding, negative avatars?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I usually use Bucky Katt because he is a genius. I have learned much from him. No evil, just genius.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by kaylaluv

Your daughter appears to have a robust talent.

Thanks - I'm pretty proud of her -- a little envious as well, because I don't have that talent at all.

The eye thing is very interesting.

I hope she hasn't had any 'night visitors.'

I don't believe so. She always draws women's eyes (thinks they're more beautiful). She's been into drawing eyes for a couple of years now. I think she just finds it more interesting (and easier) than drawing a whole face.

Is she particularly emotionally sensitive?

Does she anticipate others feelings and doings and stances above average well?

Does she infer motives more accurately than most?

Is she good about intuitively sizing up a stranger instantly?

She might make a great psychologist.

Is she above average intense or does she prefer her own world and watch from the wings?

She is somewhat sensitive, and is pretty intuitive, but I assumed that was just her creative nature. She's very shy around strangers, so I'm not too sure about her being a psychologist. She is also a wonderful writer -- her goal in life is to be an author/illustrator.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think you're quite right below.

I don't think I could have said it better.

I do think that probably most folks are not overly conscious about their inner as well as the external forces that influence their decisions, values, motives, actions, trends, habits, compulsions, etc.

I think it's often good for everyone to take stock every 6-12 months . . . and preferably with the help of at least one person who often disagrees and challenges major chunks of their assumptions.

imho.

Originally posted by Egyptia
reply to post by BO XIAN

From my perception an avatar is selected because it is revealing of what is in our inner being and that which we are being subjected to subconsciously. It is an indicator of what we place meaning to and how that in itself reflects us in some underlying way. It is also an indicator of the unseen forces that are influencing us whether we want to be aware of it or not.

It is often an expression of what we hold meaning in and what we are adhering to in some significant internal way. It reveals and gives away a core piece of our inward natures and beliefs or lack thereof.

I am sure that sometimes people simply pick a random picture but in my experience people tend to be rather selective about what they choose to represent them.

Our avatars essentially tells a story of who we are or at least some significant part of that story.

As the world spirals into the oblivion that is the world around them within this fallen state it is becoming increasingly more apparent that the more common theme in reflection is one of darkness and not light.

edit on 2-9-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by selfharmonise

Ahhhhh

I can CERTAINLY understand that.

My inner intensities have more than a few times felt like bursting at the seams.

I think art is one good way to add to one's expressive options.

Have you used art much? What medium, if so?

Thanks for your kind reply.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

THX TONS for your kind words . . . then I'll hazard some more guesstimates from your avatar . . .

I pick up a kind of delicate refinement . . . not necessarily fussy nor ostentatious . . . but kind of a preference, a way of being in the world . . . you likely tune into fine details and appreciate balance maybe above average . . .

I have an image . . . not that this sort of thing is your bent or preference but IF IT WERE, that the way you might almost gently appear in an old folks home would be graciously with quiet solid nurturing affirmations and attentiveness . . . sharing out of a generous heart encouragement and peace.

I can imagine that you have far more than the average person and a number of times a day, maybe, "twinkly eyes."

That you enjoy wonder and discovery above average.

What do you not like? Hmmmmm

I don't think you like phoney. I don't think you like stiff, rigid, brittle nonsense--particularly for no rational or good reason. I don't think you like stuffy nor snooty.

I think you see through folks in a flash--maybe more than you want to sometimes.

I think you seek out, are drawn to depth and richness of understanding, of experience, of perception.

I think I'll stop there. Maybe I'm just blathering.
. .

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

What 5-7 factors draw you to such?

When you look at such images, what thoughts go through your head?

What feelings do you have?

What questions arise within you related to the images?

What is attractive about the starkness of the images?

What is attractive about the "in-your-face-ness" of the images?

What resonates most from such images with who you are and what you most value?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max Devoe

As I said it is just a cover I did for a comic book years ago and it is the only one I have with the colors and contrast fixed.
Like Freud said: Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar !

QUITE TRUE. Though I suspect dirty old Freud was engaging in the defense of rationalizing. LOL.

But I think you interpretation about my avatar is interesting and now I feel myself a bit hypocrite because I chose by accident an avatar that does not suit me .

Wellllllllllllll, I'm quite humbled if our little exchange has been of that kind of value to you.

It IS a kind of PRESENTATION OF YOU on ATS. . . . for better, worse or askew from your preferred and most profound essence.

Please let me know if you change it.

You certainly seem to be a very talented artist.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

That's wonderful.

Where did you learn such qualities of being in the world? More from your Father, Mother? Who?

Have you passed such on to your children?

I'll hazard the guess that perhaps you FELT more loved by your father figure than 99.7% of the males in our era, certainly in the USA, Europe, Asia etc.

That's an incredible leg-up in life, if so.

Some learn your stance from being shredded so thoroughly by so many horrendous long dark nights of the soul that they realize that long lists of stuff are just all petty and inconsequential in the eternal scheme of things.

Which was it more true of, with you?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Uhhhh OK.

Are you familiar with P B Shelley's

Ozymandias?

www.poemhunter.com/poem/ozymandias

Percy Bysshe Shelley (1792-1822 / Horsham / England)

Ozymandias

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: `Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed.

And on the pedestal these words appear --
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.'

Percy Bysshe Shelley

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I enjoy that character, too. Though I don't see the funny papers that much these days. LOL.

He certainly has a wit.

Besides his genius . . . what attracts you to him?

Thx.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Welllll I could easily agree with her about women's eyes. Though the beauty has not always been used for noble ends! LOL.

She should make a wonderful writer, illustrator. Her sensitivities into the human condition and creatures will do her well in such a career, imho.

Congrats.

BTW, I'm not so sold on the idea that you have no talent. Perhaps no talent discovered . . . I've just never discovered anyone with NO talent.

What have been your inclinations for expressiveness?

If money and time were no object . . . what would you like to explore in the way of art or craft or doing with your hands or voice or????

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

guess i owe you this much....

my mother would have to be/ seem the root/base of most everything "me", if you will.

my father, whilst a strong-willed and minded individual, is/was most certainly not the source/root of who i am today. mom is. we're both Librans.... NOT that I place much accordance in/with that type belief... just sayin' that we're both Very reasoned and and tempered in how we react to and/or approach various, shall we say, stressful-type situations. (?)

nutshell:
Dad gave me a work ethic second to none
Mom. Gave me the patience, reasoning and resolve of 'a saint'. per se.

Dad's gone, but Mom still answers my calls .... on occasion...
?
?

she just 'doesn't get to the phone in time" type shyte.

OKAY. Mom. :Roll: it's your lie. we'll let you tell it.

not a 'momma's boi' by any means, but I would have to admit to her being one of, if not The, most influential person/character in my 49+ yr life, thus far

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Interesting. Then, I gather that you FELT LOVED by your mother?

In abundance?

Congrats.

I'll leave the father stuff alone unless you care to elaborate.

A work ethic is a valuable thing to have in this era. Few seem to have it.

Please tell Mom that I think she did a bang-up job.

LOL.

Another curiosity or 3 . . . if I may indulge myself . . . subject to your graciousness or not as you see fit . . . or not . . .

1. How did your mom transmit those values and behaviors to you most successfully?

2. How successfully did you transmit them to your children?

3. Patience is a particularly challenging thing to transmit to youth. What was her secret? How early did you "get it" about patience?

4. Your mom seems to be wise way above average. Is that true?

5. Did you pick up a robust amount of that wisdom? How much have you transmitted of that wisdom to your children? Wisdom, Love, Patience, humility all seem to have very high tuition costs. The only way I know of to avoid such super high tuition costs is to get such from a parent repeatedly over many years. That sounds like your route. I haven't met many who've graduated so well from that route. Congrats to both of you.

Blessings,

edit on 2/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

You make me blush and chuckle at the same time....Bless you for that...I have added you to my friends list, and BTW if I see you out in ATS land and see you getting picked on I will have your back(as the kids say...haha)...and here is a pretty picture for you...
...I loved these as a child and here in Montana(where I now live), they grow so huge...the other evening I saw this one and had to get on my knees to get that view I would have gotten as a child...enjoy...may all your wishes come true...shells4u

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

BLESS U for your kind reply and that beautiful pic.

Am curious, though, what % of my guesstimates were mostly on target??? LOL.

You are welcome to answer by U2U, if you prefer.

Gwarsh, blush, awww shucks, am not used to folks "having my back!"

What a luxury! LOL.

Am honored you'd even think of such a thing.

You are a treasure to get to know. THX THX THX.

How big is your family in MT?

I used to live in Spokane for about 10 years.

Love that country.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

reply to post by miconATSrender

Very interesting treatment of the cityscape.

Thanks for sharing it.

Are you aware of any point in your life when you began to be more drawn to such things instead of say to . . . what . . .

hotrods,
dogs,
beautiful dates,
apple pie,
ice cream,
Frisbees
water slides
camping in beautiful wilderness areas,

etc?

I think it was after high school. My real life has those regular things, Just never use them much in my art/avatars.
I think I might though.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

reply to post by swanne

I've always liked your swan.

Well, thanks... I'm flattered. Yeah, they aren't that bright... but it just mean you can't have a swan as archenemy. The world sorely needs more grace and less uncontrolled "science". Science is just out of control these days. Taking an asteroid CLOSER to Earth so we can mine on it? I love science, but only when it's not close to insanity... It's not science when you risk mankind for personal desires.

Sorry for the short rant.

Okay! Now it's my turn... why did you specifically chose that colour but no avatar at all?

It's good to see you by the way. How are things on your side?

edit on 3-9-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by miconATSrender

Thanks for your candid replies.

I try . . . TRY to . . . give more air time to those things that are important to life, liberty, wholeness.

There's so much darkness the globalist oligarchy has been shoving down everyone's throats for 60+ years . . . I don't want to help them with seducing darkness, imho.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

I chose those colors . . . blue is my favorite color . . . because blue is soothing, calming, and just simply beautiful to me. Those colors are a joy to me when I see them.

I chose that particular blue against the dark blue background because it's easy on my eyes as well as beautiful, to me.

No avatar because I'm so picky about details . . . it was just a troublesome thing to come up with one I was fully happy with. And, I didn't really want treasured images and symbols to be ranted against hereon. LOL. Too thin skinned about that, I guess. LOL.

Nice to see you, too.

Dad is 91 and on oxygen. Sadly still stubborn and proud with me while being the most humble man in the county to everyone else. Sigh.

Nevertheless, God is faithful. YEA for that.

Thx.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

I chose those colors . . . blue is my favorite color . . . because blue is soothing, calming, and just simply beautiful to me. Those colors are a joy to me when I see them.

I chose that particular blue against the dark blue background because it's easy on my eyes as well as beautiful, to me.

No avatar because I'm so picky about details . . . it was just a troublesome thing to come up with one I was fully happy with. And, I didn't really want treasured images and symbols to be ranted against hereon. LOL. Too thin skinned about that, I guess. LOL.

Nice to see you, too.

Dad is 91 and on oxygen. Sadly still stubborn and proud with me while being the most humble man in the county to everyone else. Sigh.

Nevertheless, God is faithful. YEA for that.

Thx.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join