It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so many dark, foreboding, negative avatars?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by doorhandle

LOLOLOL

I wouldn't expect a rash of bunnies.

There's far too much blackness awash in the culture. And if this guy is remotely right . . . there'll likely be a flood of more far too soon . . .

www.youtube.com...

(AUTISTIC boy's predictions re 1 Oct 2013)

I could imagine millions wishing for a 'womb' of foam rubber and rabbit fur . . . I just don't expect it to show up in avatars. LOL.

I'm flashing on an image of concentric circles of folks in a kind of bean bag chair lined with rabbit fur . . . sucking their thumbs in a catatonic stupor while bombs rage on the horizon behind them. Doodness!

See what you triggered! LOL.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I just got here...mines good right? Fit right in and all that?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by miconATSrender

Thanks for your kind reply.

EVERYTHING we are and do

COMMUNICATES

SOMETHING.

And there are ALWAYS REASONS for everything we do.

The reasons may be simple, complex, obvious, hidden . . . but there is always a reason.

As Dr Murray Banks (see youtube) said . . .

My paraphrase from memory.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS HUMAN BEHAVIOR WITHOUT A REASON.

What would you guess are your reason(s) for choosing apocalyptic stuff?

edit on 2/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmootx
I just got here...mines good right? Fit right in and all that?

LOLOLOL.

Fit right in?

Welllllllllllllllll . . . DEPENDING on how one construes the context and one's goals . . . I might well agree.

BTW, some children who've visited Heaven and returned . . . assert that there's a region there with huge dinosaurs in it.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Interesting, INDEED.

Was it chosen when you felt power-LESS or power-FUL?

Was it chosen when you wanted to stomp someone's face or rescue a maiden?

Was it chosen when you wanted to shred the dastardly globalist genocidal maniacs at the top of the heap . . . or when you wanted to join them and shred all the serfs?

There's sure a lot of armor on the bloke. How are your boundary issues?

Do folks violate your boundaries too often? How about you, their's?

How about your general sense of security and safety? Above average? Below? I think the current average in our culture is exceedingly low.

Thanks for your kind reply.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntC

IIRC, Colton Burpo's trip to Heaven disclosed a rainbow colored horse . . .

bk: HEAVEN IS FOR REAL

Some folks insisted that THAT assertion alone meant it was an untrue book. I think THEY are the silly ones. Colton's story was exceedingly convincing, imho.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

it seems apparent to me, you are misconstruing the meanings behind each avatar.

Though, i wont deny that dark, foreboding or negative nature of my avatar. The main reason for me choosing it is symbolism.

Judge Dredd, or a Judge as defined by the film/comic, was the they, the judge, was judge, jury and executioner are matters. I find it uniquely adequate for a forum environment.

I could easily suggest your blue background is indicative of inherent depression or gloominess
edit on 2-9-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Boxian, so you still think you are a psychologist?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Certainly such conjectures are hypotheses.

I've usually been satisfied with the eventual confirmations of most of my hypotheses in my professional and other interpersonal life.

Certainly I'm NOT flawless by a wide margin.

The globalist oligarchy has purportedly planned to empower police with judge, jury, executioner powers--e.g. that WHEN they observe a crime committed, they are to execute the criminal on the spot. Seen. BAM. Dead. Regardless.

JUSTICE VS MERCY is an interesting construct.

I'm thankful that God says HIS MERCY triumphs over even HIS justice.

None of us could handle true JUSTICE for our deeds . . . and certainly not for the thoughts of our hearts . . . at least not before we've been through tons of long dark nights of the soul wilderness experiences cleansing the crud out . . . and being washed by the Blood of The Lamb.

The blue . . . Naw . . . not depressed much . . . I like the calming peacefulness of blue. . . . and occasional highlights of red . . . and sometimes the blend of purple. Don't like orange. Don't like brown or grey, per se. Don't like black, usually. Dark Navy's OK.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Emeraldous

Welllllllllll, I'm retired . . . mostly taught at universities with part time counseling at agencies . . . mostly overseas.

My hard earned (in terms of work required) high quality PhD is in Clinical Psych. A lot of famous psychologists and shrinks retired to that region and taught part time at the source of my PhD. It was a trip of a high pressured program. And, a 2ndary emphasis was a lot of the profs were trainers of the lead trainers of the 'elite' Org Dev organization on the planet. That was fun, too.

I realize that there's a lot of noise on the net about how implicated with the globalists that organization was/likely is . . . but my exposure to the profs was positive--at least overwhelmingly so.

BTW, a number of folks accused me of being a "psychologist" in Jr High. LOL.

It's not rocket science to figure out my training and passion regardless of whether I say anything about it, or not.

edit on 2/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I always assume the dark ones come from shills, black ops, military and satanists. They all work overtly or covertly and some even through M'Kultra/compartmentalization, for the CIA, who funds them all.

And then there are a few who mistakenly feel this is counter culture and cool, so may use this, whereas its not cool in the least, it comes from the evil doers running this planet via these dark and brutal methods, ie. see above.

Thats how I feel about it.
edit on 2-9-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Actually, I wholesale agree.

I just try to avoid focusing on that understanding when I'm relating to folks as individuals.

I'd rather relate to them in a constructive way in the hope that some . . . might switch sides.

Thanks for your perceptive input.

God's best to you and those you love.

I hope you're prepped up, prayed up, forgiving up, ready to go up! LOL.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Wow, great thread with so many posts...I tend to use a picture theme that goes with my user name so my avatars are usually seashell or seashore themed so maybe some folks do the same thing and if their user name is dark then so too their avatars...S&F...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

BTW...what will you be using as an avatar????

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

I love shells. And your colors are cheery, imho, life-giving.

Your eye for beauty and design appears to be above average, too.

I also infer that you enjoy creativity and complexity yet rest and serenity above average. Is any of that close to accurate or in the ballpark?

I'd bet you are above average nurturing, as well.

Thx for your kind reply.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

I doubt I'll ever get around to choosing a bona fide avatar.

I'm such a pick about details . . . not as obsessive as I used to be but still . . .

And, I cherish--for literal survival reasons--my privacy . . . so that's an issue--can't use anything as authentic and revealing as I'd typically prefer to do.

It would likely be Christian with some emphasis on The Cross or the Resurrection or the 2nd Coming or some such.

Thanks for asking.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I chose my avatar because I enjoy deviant art, am platinum blonde just now and I always feel like I am mute.

I just liked it.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Originally posted by Unity_99
I always assume the dark ones come from shills, black ops, military and satanists. They all work overtly or covertly and some even through M'Kultra/compartmentalization, for the CIA, who funds them all.

I think you are mistaken. Not all satanists are connected to secret government stuff.

Originally posted by Unity_99
And then there are a few who mistakenly feel this is counter culture and cool, so may use this, whereas its not cool in the least, it comes from the evil doers running this planet via these dark and brutal methods, ie. see above.

"cool" is an opinion. Different people like different things. "Evil" is also an opinion, one's person idea of "good" can be another person's idea of "evil".

Just as a fundamentalist Christian about gay marriage, or a Jew or Muslim about eating pork...

now as for "brutal" methods to control. There is no proof that they worship the devil, only some evidence of some pagan god symbolism but even symbolism alone doesn't actually mean "worship". People (Christians) use pagan symbolism all the time and even have some pagan holidays without realizing it.

So no, dark avatar does not automatically mean that they are with some grand conspiracy of brutal governmental control.

It can simply mean that they are getting in touch with their dark-side or they just think it looks cool and scary. - people like dark and scary things - just look at how many horror movies are out there...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
My avatar is something my daughter drew. She's almost 12, and she loves to draw eyes. I liked this one, so I'm using it.

I do have to admit, it's sometimes a little creepy to go in her room and see all these eye drawings on the floor. But I know there is nothing nefarious about it - she just likes to draw, and eyes are her "thing" right now.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by selfharmonise

It is a bit !STARK!

Have you been shy at all or most of your life?

Shyness has a genetic component.

However, it is something one can overcome with effort. I did.

And, it's well worth overcoming. There's a LOT of benefits to health and interpersonal stuff and even job and income stuff from overcoming such.

I'd tell my students that if they were shy and DETERMINED to stay that way--they needed to find a different class and professor. IF they were shy and wanted to overcome that and if they cooperated even minimally in my class, they'd be significantly less shy at the end of the semester. And they were.

What 5-7 factors do you think are significant in your life which would contribute to you choosing such an avatar other than those you mentioned?

I would guess you may enjoy some degree of IN YOUR FACE sorts of things . . . regardless of any possible shyness or feeling of being mute. Is that close to right at all?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join