What an excellent contribution to our thread.
Originally posted by pieman
ascetically, images look better in darker shades, the lower the ambient light level the better and more defined the parts of the image appear.
NO doubt. However, the DEGREE of darkness and the percentage of the image that is absolute darkness so common hereon is quite beyond that phenomenon
you describe, imho.
And the WHYS of THAT are fascinating to me.
also, highlights can draw the eye to particular message conveying elements. for instance you will notice how eyes and lips tend to be rendered in
brighter tones. also it blends well with the dark ATS background.
That similarity vis a vis the ATS background really put me off for quite a long time.
But, yeah, certainly highlights on an otherwise dark image can sure carry lots of effective quickly registered info.
on a more psychological note, mainstream culture at the moment is pretty light and plastic fantastic, generally speaking. it's all celebrity air
brushed money chasing image based consumerism,
I think that's true in selected areas.
On the whole, I believe the puppet master controlled media and Hollyweed have been pumping out dark, foreboding, fear drenched, frightful, horrific
programs, themes, memes, indoctrination, propaganda 24/7 across the whole spectrum of modern life for decades--with increasing awfulness.
My hypotheses about that are . . .
1. it serves the dark lord's nature and agenda in a variety of ways.
2. Winding people up in dark, horrific emotional ways helps keep them distracted all the more effectively from the real darkness going on under the
table toward establishing the global tyranny.
3. Setting people up to be frayed and fraying them as much as possible around the edges with heightened anxieties off the scale helps reduce the
population through anxiet related diseases. It also helps weed out those the globalist controllers view as weaker and more in the category of
4. If the global culture has been so drenched with dark, foreboding, evil memes for decades . . . what happens when the worst such PLUS WORSE than has
been imagined REALLY BEGINS TO FALL OUT OF--welll--literally the sky; out of the woodwork; from the 'government' . . . from ET's . . . relentlessly
. . . ?????
5. THEN the masses of conditioned global citizens will likely in greater droves find their hearts failing them for fear . . . again helping with
population reduction as well as getting the 'weaker' sorts out of the way and out of the 'gene pool' in the globalists' eugenics minded tyranny.
6. And the sizeable numbers of folks wound up and set alight toward going berzerk will make identifying the troublemakers also easier.
7. I THINK the Hollyweed, MSM superficiality plastic lipstick sleaze etc. is soooooooooooooooooooooooo shallow and phony as to foster an almost
automatic revulsion, aversion . . . and, sadly, when the phony is so 24/7 on so much of the media . . . making Disney look like DEPTH . . . the rush
to something frightful and intensely darkly evil becomes all the more automatic, reflexive, easier.
8. THEN--AUTHENTICLALLY FEELING ANYTHING REMOTELY REAL becomes a relief even if it's masochistic, sadistic or satanic evil. NONexistence and numbness
is one of the most frightful things.
the counter culture, which is ats' natural demographic, is naturally going to tend towards darker stuff to identify themselves as seperate from it.
I agree. I think that's a BIG factor.
soon enough the main stream will swing towards the dark stuff, (at the moment it's being used commercially, so it won't be long) and the counter
culture will go neon. give it six months and ats will look tie dyed. it's just a normal, reactionary, pop culture cycle.
Plenty of truth to that. But I think the darkness has a lot longer to pervade everything and that ultimately, it won't end until Armageddon. The dark
lord will be worshipped as god as he will demand--for a very brief period--until he's resoundingly defeated and locked away for the thousand
Until then, I think the dark themes will increasingly pervade everything. There is to be a brief period of peace--evidently as long as 3.5 years . . .
there may be an effort on his part during that time to put a brighter face on things. We shall see.
To your avatar . . . very interesting avatar. What a paradox.
The motifs and setting but with SPINACH! LOL.
Certainly the colors are bright and fun. The images friendly. But the suggestion of smoking something is fairly brazen.
1. What are your first 3 thoughts on finding this avatar?
2. What 2 things do you most hope viewers respond with?
3. What parts of the image do you most identify with and why?
Thanks much for your fine contribution to our thread.