It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War II Conspiracy Thread

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I also strongly recomend that you go to your local library and check out the book "At Dawn They Slept," by Samual Elliot Morison, one of the priemer historians of World War Two.

While you are at it, I also recomend Barbara Tuchman's book "The Guns of August." It is about WWI, but the insights are universal.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by HowardRoark]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I wouldnt be terribly suprised if one could trace a common line of nuclear components internationally back to a select group of companies. Thats a true conspiracy in my opinon, let the war machines of nations build the tech it would take you years to develop and at the same time profit off of their inventions.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
How sick can you get?

It wasnt justified to drop a nuke on Japan.

Millions of people died because of it, and if I'm not mistaken, over the years and I believe that even today, the radiation from that bomb is still lingering, and lots of people get Leukimia, and other diseases because of it.

I dont understand why people cant see the power of those weapons.

Its not just leveling a city

the clouds of radiation or whatever can travel across oceans, and infect other contrys.

so just think about it all right?

CATFISH

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have thought about it and it was a better alternative than a mainland invasion which would still haunt us today, IF we even won in the first place. If you want further explanation of what it meant to invade a Japanese possession, look up what the Japanese civilians did when we invaded Saipan.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catfish
How sick can you get?

Millions of people died because of it, and if I'm not mistaken, over the years and I believe that even today, the radiation from that bomb is still lingering, and lots of people get Leukimia, and other diseases because of it.

the clouds of radiation or whatever can travel across oceans, and infect other contrys.

CATFISH

And like I said, many of us are here, because of it. If the U.S. were to lose 500,000 men in an attack on Japan, this country would be a very different place. You might not be here!!!!

Think about it.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

And like I said, many of us are here, because of it. If the U.S. were to lose 500,000 men in an attack on Japan, this country would be a very different place. You might not be here!!!!

Think about it.

Looks like great minds think alike.

I have thought about it and it was a better alternative than a mainland invasion which would still haunt us today, IF we even won in the first place. If you want further explanation of what it meant to invade a Japanese possession, look up what the Japanese civilians did when we invaded Saipan.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Reckon' this might help also HowardRoark?

"UNITED STATES CRYPTOLOGIC HISTORY
Pearl Harbor Revisited: United States Navy Communications Intelligence 1924-1941"

www.history.navy.mil...

Also, a correction to your first book?

"Gordon W. Prange. At Dawn We Slept: The Untold Story of Pearl Harbor. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1981."

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Thanks, you are right it was Prange. Morison was the Navy's official historian I believe.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

How sick can you get?

CATFISH

Think about it.

I never thought about it from that perspective...

CATFISH

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   

How sick can you get?

CATFISH

DID YOU EVEN READ MY OPENING POST?????

140,000 died as a result of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs combined.

An estimated 5 MILLION would have died if the US were to try to invade in a traditional land war style.

Make sure you look at the numbers next time. and let's not forget operation "Kitsu-Go", where there would be guerilla style warfare in japan for several years. It would NOT have been a pretty sight.

Face facts: although I don't support the dropping of the bomb, it happened, and it was the better choice.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Seekerof~~
This will probably sound paranoid, but how do we know the info on those sites are reliable. Could it be that the info in those reports are what those in power want us to know?
Our govt does have a history of rewriting history.
I'm not saying the rank and file are under suspicion, not at all. 99% or more believed what they thought was going on. The rest knew the true agenda.

RE: the bombs in Japan
I remember some TV history channel thing, a long series on WWII. I seem to remember the Japanes being in negotiation with the US. I beleive the film said Japan was not really into surrender.
I later read that Japan had surrendered, but that the US and Truman wanted to set an example, to show the might of the US and the atomic bomb. They wanted to kick off the Cold War in style. Then, they accepted the Japanese surrender.

Why are we so willing to see conspiracy now, or about certain events, like JFK, but not about most of the history of America and the world? I, for one, remember what I learned in school being very dissimliar to what I know happened

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I get the point.

I dont know much about ww2 or its causes, with the exeption of hitler and the nazis. Thats all I really knew.

So thanks for helping me understand subject.

CATFISH

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I get the point.

I dont know much about ww2 or its causes, with the exeption of hitler and the nazis. Thats all I really knew.

So thanks for helping me understand subject.

CATFISH

Don't they teach history in school anymore?

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I used to think EXACTLY the way that you did. I just had someone give me the same thing I gave you.

The information behind it.

And I do believe that they should teach more in public schools...it just sickens me how much I don't know about history: My favorite subject. I got most of my knowledge from private study, but someone should teach these kids more, and test them about redundant crap less.

Sorry, I don't want to start an off-topic rant.

Anywho...

WWII is one of the most influential and awe-inspiring periods of modern history, and I like to see what went on just behind the veil. Another point that I want to bring up about WWII is all the talk from neo-nazis that the Holocaust was nothing but american propaganda

How could you fake something as large-scale and disgusting as the Holocaust?

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
You could not fake something like the holocaust.

The only thing that no one can be absolutely sure of are the numbers. Six million seems pretty steep to me.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
My opinion is that is was "Executive Action". The attack on Pearl Harbor was intended to initiate war. Just like the attack on the WTC was intended to create war. I think all of this stuff about terrorism is a bunch of garbage. It is possible that when the government wishes to start a war without justification, they "create" justification.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
My opinion is that is was "Executive Action". The attack on Pearl Harbor was intended to initiate war. Just like the attack on the WTC was intended to create war. I think all of this stuff about terrorism is a bunch of garbage. It is possible that when the government wishes to start a war without justification, they "create" justification.

Mr. M

How can you say that Pearl Harbor was staged?

Pre-knowledge maybe, but definitely not staged. Even with the dubious circumstances, there was nothing that pointed to a staged attack. Besides, the US wanted war with GERMANY, and before PH, Japan wasn't allied with the Axis yet. So....

As for the Holocaust, I can believe that 6 million Jews died. Lets just think on some of the biggest jew-killing events in the war.

Kristallnacht
Auschwitz
Buchenwald
Majdanek (American reporters visited Lublin, Poland, and stories with pictures of a warehouse bursting with 800,000 shoes that had once belonged to Nazi victims were widely published.)

These are just some of the more famous places that allied forces found Jews, and their bodies, and evidence of death camps.

Not to mention the mass graves both found and not found since the end of WWII. It really is just sickening.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The WTC attack was created to create a war??

What a load of rubbish.... I'll think about that the next time I am walking past the old WTC site.

Why would the govt want to destroy some of the most expensive real-estate on the earth which also happened house a huge part of the world-economic machine? Dude, you watch too many xfiles episodes.

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Why did it take over 30 minutes to scramble fighters, when by law/procedure soldiers are to make sure they are able to scramble in 12 minutes?

When the planes went off course, and ATControllers could not make contact with the jets, why weren't the fighters scrambled immediately?

Why didn't the pentagon suffer nearly as much damage as it would have if an ACTUAL plane hit it?

Why was the Immediate response: AFGHANISTAN!, when many of the terrorist were Saudi, and came from Saudi, and had Saudi money in their banks?

Why?

Because it was engineered.

But this thread is about World War 2, not World War 3.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The Pentagon took quite a bit of damage. It did not look as devastating as the WTC because it is the world's largest building. If you ever get to see it in person, you would be amazed at how big it is. The Pentagon would make most airliners look like cessnas in comparison.

I highly doubt the attack was engineered outside of the terrosist's that planned and executed the attack.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join